IGNORED

Nicky Maynard back at the gate...

EmersonsRed

Given how the crowd managed to impact him during the West Ham home game - to the point of him being a hindrance to the other 10 and (imo) feigning injury and walking off with his tail between his legs -  if he starts I hope he becomes the target of relentless stick.

Lets all give him the reception he deserves !!!!!

what reception would that be? Wow there are some real sour grapes on this forum, I am sure on another Maynard thread someone wished his career would end, are you in that camp too?

all I remember about Maynard was a very talented footballer, who did all he could to keep us entertained. For me he was the best player during our last stint in the championship, and one of the most exciting players I have seen in my time following city.

can people not just let it go a little bit?

what reception would that be? Wow there are some real sour grapes on this forum, I am sure on another Maynard thread someone wished his career would end, are you in that camp too?

all I remember about Maynard was a very talented footballer, who did all he could to keep us entertained. For me he was the best player during our last stint in the championship, and one of the most exciting players I have seen in my time following city.

can people not just let it go a little bit?

Sour grapes, nah I don't really care if I'm honest. But the 'reception' is a bit of a laugh and having seen it in effect against West Ham, I would strongly encourage it.

He was a lost rabbit in the headlights and whether he performed well for us or in some eyes ruined that by his conduct in the final year (which should not be ignored, especially that he barely walked around the pitch for us in the end), as fans he is opposition and shown a weak spot: he doesn't like intimidation. Crack on and enjoy in my opinion. 

If he stays fit then we may have missed out on a great signing! The old Maynard and kodjia would be a deadly partnership, and what is he, 27?

Not even remotely did we "miss out".  Even had we been interested, he definitely would not have been.  You may just as well say we missed out on Bale when he went to Madrid!

Not even remotely did we "miss out".  Even had we been interested, he definitely would not have been.  You may just as well say we missed out on Bale when he went to Madrid!

We did match the fee,but not the wages

Great striker for City was Maynard - as good as we have had in recent times.

No sour grapes here 

Happy to forget his sulky showings during 11/12 then? Won't forgive him for awful attitude. He may have had the ability but he is one of my most disliked ex-City along with Kilkenny and Foster.

I find it very funny how much his career has gone downhill. Karma.

Happy to forget his sulky showings during 11/12 then? Won't forgive him for awful attitude. He may have had the ability but he is one of my most disliked ex-City along with Kilkenny and Foster.

I find it very funny how much his career has gone downhill. Karma.

I remember him being booed at Coventry on Boxing Day, scoring having a dreadful game at Brighton in a similarly dreadful team performance. If he was so petulant during 11/12 how did he manage to finish our top scorer despite leaving half way through the season?

Then again, people like yourself who perpetually trot out this utter bollocks are the same kind of people who would say someone deserves three years of injuries because he 'sulked'.

Archived