IGNORED

Nicky Maynard back at the gate...

EmersonsRed

That was my point. Just as you had no logical reasoning behind claiming that fans happy that Maynard has failed since leaving City would have celebrated Andre Gray getting injured? It's just an odd post to make.

Not really, people hold similar views about that sort of thing on the whole judging by people I see on Twitter/here/Facebook. That City Till I Die Facebook group in particular.

Not necessarily you Jordan, although you may well do too, but lots that I see share these groups of  opinions which are pretty flawed.

He's playing for the opposition we should be giving everyone who comes to the Gate hell, players don't like it plus we can do with all the help we can get right now.

perhaps a little rendition of come on you reds or a song about a flag flying high every now and again may give a bit of help an all.

• Admin

He's playing for the opposition we should be giving everyone who comes to the Gate hell, players don't like it plus we can do with all the help we can get right now.

Pretty rare for anyone to get hell at the Gate, for some reason we have far too many 'nice' fans.  I have posted before that we never get into the linesmen and ref, give a linesman stick for every offside decision etc and he might just start to waver, but most of our fans are likely to nod in agreement with the decisions.  I have no feeling good or bad towards Maynard, but if giving him some stick from the off, until the final whistle gets under his skin and affects his performance, then its fair game, as it should be with any other player.

Is a Bristolian accent career threatening ?

News reader on the BBC News?!

Used to love Gareth Chilcott's utter refusal to reign his accent in when doing rugby punditry, his pronunciation of the French player Pierre Berbizier was legendary!

It should be (phonetically) 'Bear - biz - ee - ay' but not for our Gareth - 'Bear - biz - ee - errrrrrrrrrr' !

Loved it!

Can't believe everyone is still crying about it. Our fans are like some weird ex boyfriend that can't get over a dumping. :crying:

this... It's all very bitter. He's turning himself into a bit of a journeyman, yes he had potential, but what's he achieved since leaving? How long ago was it now? How many appearances has he made? He's not young nor does he have the potential anymore

People here have short memories. If it wasn't for Maynard's goals we would have got relegated from the Championship a lot sooner, we only went down the season after he left. It wasn't his fault we lost out on the transfer fee, it was the club's decision to turn down the £6m from Leicester, the smart decision would have been to sell him at that point and have plenty of cash for a replacement (or two). 

• Admin

People here have short memories. If it wasn't for Maynard's goals we would have got relegated from the Championship a lot sooner, we only went down the season after he left. It wasn't his fault we lost out on the transfer fee, it was the club's decision to turn down the £6m from Leicester, the smart decision would have been to sell him at that point and have plenty of cash for a replacement (or two). 

It's not the reason why people are pissed off with him, it was the comments in the press after he left that is the issue. 

Karma kind of got him as he's hardly played since. 

He's as likely to score as he to pull up with another injury, booing players seems to go two ways. Either it fires them up to play well or it distracts them that much they have a shocker

And if it wasn't for him going skiing he may not of been out for the season he lost when we needed him, still he had a nice fat wage coming in so who cares, also a club cannot sell a player who's not prepared to move to the club putting in the bid.

Archived