IGNORED

More loans or players out of contract

Major Isewater

What player would come here on loan, if we already have five loan players, and he wouldn't be guaranteed getting into the match day squad?

A great majority of forwards that are free agents are similar age to Wilbs.

We desperately need an experienced central midfielder, to give some steel to the backbone of this team.

Apart from Wilbs...what extended experience of this league or above do we have?

Why we never replaced Wade properly I'll never understand...massive error by SC imho.

Out of work free agents would be the same old story.

We can scrape together the transfer fee but not match the wages.

Techically they'll not be any transfer fee envoy over but the player will demand a signing on fee, then as you correctly point out there is the"wages" problem.

My point of view is that if we don't start paying the "correct wages" then we will be playing in a 27,000 seated stadium watching league one football, changing formation may help as well.

Techically they'll not be any transfer fee envoy over but the player will demand a signing on fee, then as you correctly point out there is the"wages" problem.

My point of view is that if we don't start paying the "correct wages" then we will be playing in a 27,000 seated stadium watching league one football, changing formation may help as well.

I think a lot of these free agents are going to have to bite the bullet to get a game.

Maynard and his Agent were shocked by how little MK Dons could afford. They went away and had to think about it. They came back and signed...he took a massive pay cut...or what he was used to being paid, by all accounts.

Players who are Free agents are free agents for a reason. Many have to be realistic. Some have the power still to negotiate. Many are looking for that one last big pay cheque.

As Parkin in the FGR's programme last night said when asked...what is the best thing about football?....his response 'Pay day'.

What player would come here on loan, if we already have five loan players, and he wouldn't be guaranteed getting into the match day squad?

A great majority of forwards that are free agents are similar age to Wilbs.

We desperately need an experienced central midfielder, to give some steel to the backbone of this team.

Apart from Wilbs...what extended experience of this league or above do we have?

Why we never replaced Wade properly I'll never understand...massive error by SC imho.

Agreed, think it's affecting Smith's game too. For me he was most effective with his defined role as holding midfielder in front of the back 3 which he played when Wade was in the team. Now that he and Pack play together they are both all over the place which is affecting Smith's game.

Agreed, think it's affecting Smith's game too. For me he was most effective with his defined role as holding midfielder in front of the back 3 which he played when Wade was in the team. Now that he and Pack play together they are both all over the place which is affecting Smith's game.

I was always of the opinion that even though we stormed to the Lge 1 title with MP & KS in midfield, Korey was a better player with Wade in the team. I was disappointed that we didn't keep him on the playing staff for one more season. A clever player with good technical ability and tactical awareness and of course bags of experience. Not qualities that you would necessarily attribute to our existing midfield, as good as they are.

Out of work free agents would be the same old story.

We can scrape together the transfer fee but not match the wages.

I think a lot of these free agents are going to have to bite the bullet to get a game.

Maynard and his Agent were shocked by how little MK Dons could afford. They went away and had to think about it. They came back and signed...he took a massive pay cut...or what he was used to being paid, by all accounts.

Players who are Free agents are free agents for a reason. Many have to be realistic. Some have the power still to negotiate. Many are looking for that one last big pay cheque.

As Parkin in the FGR's programme last night said when asked...what is the best thing about football?....his response 'Pay day'.

I agree with Spudski, we can't complain about inflated players wages one minute and then moan that we wont pay them the same inflated amounts the next. As for free agents, they can take what they are offered or they can go without or perhaps find themselves having to do "proper" jobs.

Harsh thing to say about Shola?

Often a sub he scored over 50 premier league goals, has a 1 in 3 goal scoring record for England U21s and has won the division in which we are currently struggling....I'd take him...

He is one of those players that people like to dislike, however he was very decent when Newcastle were relegated to the championship.

He is one of those players that people like to dislike, however he was very decent when Newcastle were relegated to the championship.

I agree, I remember when we were 2nd and Stoke were 3rd and he went on loan their, I thought what a rubbish signing. They promptly over took us and I'm fairly sure he scored against us at their place. He then did well with Newcastle at this level and spent pretty much all the rest of his days in the prem. I'd have him here.

Archived