IGNORED

Less media content this season?

Phileas Fogg

Is it just me or is there a lot less media content this season? Seems to be the minimum possible.. Highlights, 3 interviews pre match and 2/3 post match..

In previous seasons there's been lots more. Interviews with Burt, 'fun' features..

the only 'extra curricular' stuff I can remember this season aside from tour is the interview with Wade.

I feel our media strong has been really good last few years, but with YouTube.. Snapchat etc even more prominent it's even easier to create new innovative content.. Even BcfcSnap seems to have lost a bit of zip this season..

Anyone else noticed this?

Is it just me or is there a lot less media content this season? Seems to be the minimum possible.. Highlights, 3 interviews pre match and 2/3 post match..

In previous seasons there's been lots more. Interviews with Burt, 'fun' features..

the only 'extra curricular' stuff I can remember this season aside from tour is the interview with Wade.

I feel our media strong has been really good last few years, but with YouTube.. Snapchat etc even more prominent it's even easier to create new innovative content.. Even BcfcSnap seems to have lost a bit of zip this season..

Anyone else noticed this?

when this was done the season before last and we weren't performing there were moans on here about it.

I think they are being sensitive to the general mood at the moment - fun and laughter is well received when the club are doing well, but at the moment (as others have already said) any fun and games will lead to suggestions they aren't concentrating enough on the football.

Maybe.. But no one is forced to watch it. The club has, to my knowledge, 3 media guys. What are they doing all week?!

Maybe Cotterill thinks they are too tired to be filmed playing "guess who" at the moment

it's not so much that, FWIW I thought that was actually a boring feature. I mean other things, chats with Tinnion.. Burt.. As well as the fun stuff.

I'd love to hear about Tinnion's work over last few months for example. Other clubs.. Southampton, Man City.. Have fantastic media content. They should be the benchmark especially if it's free/easy to do.

I would like to see City sharing skills videos for kids like the above.

Mods top clip shouldn't be there ..Can't edit it?

Agree, really easy to do and would be popular. I am at a loss to know what our media team is actually up to most days. You could get college or uni film/tv production students to even make us content - it's so easy to do.

it's not so much that, FWIW I thought that was actually a boring feature. I mean other things, chats with Tinnion.. Burt.. As well as the fun stuff.

I'd love to hear about Tinnion's work over last few months for example. Other clubs.. Southampton, Man City.. Have fantastic media content. They should be the benchmark especially if it's free/easy to do.

Totally agree mate...think everyone is tied up with this Stadium building mullarky.

Would love more stuff on backroom staff and Academy players etc.

They can't even keep the websites up to date...so no chance of that.

Totally agree mate...think everyone is tied up with this Stadium building mullarky.

Would love more stuff on backroom staff and Academy players etc.

They can't even keep the websites up to date...so no chance of that.

The stadium updates though have come via Bristol Sport so what are BCFC's media team doing beyond the handful of articles on the website, a couple of Player interviews per week and a match programme (with layout and design outsourced I believe)?

The stadium updates though have come via Bristol Sport so what are BCFC's media team doing beyond the handful of articles on the website, a couple of Player interviews per week and a match programme (with layout and design outsourced I believe)?

Perhaps someone can ask at the next Supporters trust meeting?

Its quite easy to see the day that one media team at Bristol Sport covers all the teams under the umbrella. Cost savings!

As an example,  I still can't figure out whether our Under 21's won or lost 3-2 yesterday! 

Think the 'Bristol Sport' website either needs to be redesigned to make navigation much simpler or just scrap it and go back to a Bristol City only website. So much for 'Bristol Sport' improving the customer interface. 

PF

"Agree, really easy to do and would be popular. I am at a loss to know what our media team is actually up to most days. You could get college or uni film/tv production students to even make us content - it's so easy to do".

It would be easy to achieve and could easily have thousands signing up to watch, and use clips.

Bristol City do have coaches from the Academy and Community Trust working with Junior clubs and schools.they could share these created clips.

Kids in schools and clubs could watch City players perform skills on coaches I pads, and at home. One coach with an association to City does do this. The clips he used were not City players. Meanwhile other clubs are doing similar.There is a lot of scope there for BCFC and its Trust.

As an example,  I still can't figure out whether our Under 21's won or lost 3-2 yesterday! 

Think the 'Bristol Sport' website either needs to be redesigned to make navigation much simpler or just scrap it and go back to a Bristol City only website. So much for 'Bristol Sport' improving the customer interface. 

Go back to something that already exists? Eh? 

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/dramatic-turnaround-secures-u21-victory-2715927.aspx

Archived