IGNORED

Today's team

GrahamC

Moore dropped, Korey (unsurprisingly) unavailable but where are Wagstaff and Hamer? We've only named six subs again, bizarre.

Fielding Little Ayling Flint Baker Williams Pack Bryan Freeman Wilbraham Kodjia

Subs O'Leary Moore Reid Burns Robinson Agard..

I'd guess it is as they printed it, with Bryan in midfield.

Can't understand why El-Abd didn't travel and isn't on the bench if we are one short, psychologically the signal that failing to have a full bench sends out to opponents is not good.

Moore dropped, Korey (unsurprisingly) unavailable but where are Wagstaff and Hamer? We've only named six subs again, bizarre.

Fielding Little Ayling Flint Baker Williams Pack Bryan Freeman Wilbraham Kodjia

Subs O'Leary Moore Reid Burns Robinson Agard..

Not forgetting El Abd? Or has he gone somewhere?

Presumably Waggy and Hamer are injured?

now that there seems to be a blanket news ban from Ashton Gate we will probably never know.

Not liking the fact Cotterill on the face of it appears to be shooting himself in both feet. There is absolutely no reason he can't have a full bench, this seems quite petulant.  If he wants to dick around with his job on the line thats fine, I hope the board have some strong words with him if it is the case.

Not liking the fact Cotterill on the face of it appears to be shooting himself in both feet. There is absolutely no reason he can't have a full bench, this seems quite petulant.  If he wants to dick around with his job on the line thats fine, I hope the board have some strong words with him if it is the case.

Agree. The official site says Hamer is injured, so fair enough but that Wagstaff and El-Abd are "missing" this makes no sense at all.

A loss today and a seriously think the board will start getting itchy feet with cotts unfortunately.

Yea it's weird Wagstaff isn't on the bench at the least. I might have even given him a go in midfield to start but not over Reid who isn't starting either. Cotterhill is the most stubborn manager I've ever seen in regards to finding a team and sticking with it as close as possible. Worked last season. May be banking on chemistry building soon but it could seriously backfire for him. 

Way I read it on BBC is Flint Baker Williams CBs. WB Bryan and Little. CMs Pack Ayling and Freeman. Kodjia and Wilbraham.

Id rather Agard be starting and us defending and countering with pace but hopefully Wilbraham is closer to average with a week off from games under his belt. 

What a shambles, only earlier this week Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich make 10 changes to their sides we can't even fill a subs bench! 

It's bonkers, more so because we could fill it (youth player or one of our 'missing' men, perhaps?), which begs the question; what's SC doing here?  

Twice now we've been 'caught short' seemingly this season, leaving us a man light in the bench, and while once I can buy due to surprise circumstances, twice..?  That gets my mind ticking over into conspiratorial thinking.

Was told recently by an Agent that I don't normally have contact with, that Hamer wants out, and has either left or wants to leave....can't work with SC apparently...had massive row.

Someone else who I respect, asked me last night if I'd heard anything, as they had heard this info also.

Make of it what you want...just passing on, what someone told me.

Was told recently by an Agent that I don't normally have contact with, that Hamer wants out, and has either left or wants to leave....can't work with SC apparently...had massive row.

Someone else who I respect, asked me last night if I'd heard anything, as they had heard this info also.

Hmm, I must admit the "headache" reason seemed a bit fishy when I heard it.

Callum Robinson barely playing either, wonder if Villa can recall him?

Or is he throwing his toys out because Frankie is back?

Hmm, I must admit the "headache" reason seemed a bit fishy when I heard it.

Callum Robinson barely playing either, wonder if Villa can recall him?

Did seem telling that we started with just one of our four loanees on the pitch yesterday, with the two on the bench not getting a look in, while Ipswich started with that lad from Arsenal and the boy Fraser who scored their second.

It does make you wonder how effectively we've used that opportunity (i.e. Loans), as even if the situation with Hamer is just what the club have said, it's hard to agree those we have got have made that big an impact/improved what we have.

Only signing to really look a cut above what we had before is Kodjia, who is certainly looking a excellent purchase.  

Had highly hopes for Robinson, but get the impression that if he can't establish himself after both Freeman's suspension, then Korey's injury, and is not our first replacement up top (both Burns and an unfit Agard seem to be preferred) then he's unlikely to shift anyone else.

Did seem telling that we started with just one of our four loanees on the pitch yesterday, with the two on the bench not getting a look in, while Ipswich started with that lad from Arsenal and the boy Fraser who scored their second.

It does make you wonder how effectively we've used that opportunity (i.e. Loans), as even if the situation with Hamer is just what the club have said, it's hard to agree those we have got have made that big an impact/improved what we have.

Only signing to really look a cut above what we had before is Kodjia, who is certainly looking a excellent purchase.  

Had highly hopes for Robinson, but get the impression that if he can't establish himself after both Freeman's suspension, then Korey's injury, and is not our first replacement up top (both Burns and an unfit Agard seem to be preferred) then he's unlikely to shift anyone else.

If Hamer goes back, I wonder if Leicester will (or can) recall Moore too.

Whoever's fault it was, this summer was a huge failure for bringing in players. At present, none, bar Kodjia, have improved the team!

Whoever's fault it was, this summer was a huge failure for bringing in players. At present, none, bar Kodjia, have improved the team!

And Kodjia is the only one we bought (well, bought and didn't sell...).

I agreed with the policy of maybe nicking decent players on loan who'd not get a look in for Prem teams, which is I guess what we've done.

But with being these players have so far failed to gain starting places, or really improve us (though to be fair Hamer kept our only clean sheet), and those who've been given starts have ended up dropped after not impressing, we've placed ourselves in a bind, what with 5 being the match day maximum, so only one above Hamer if he comes back.

Think it is up to the boys we have full time to dig us out of this, to be honest.

Am I right in thinking that we can only get someone in on a 93 day loan between now and Jan? If it is and we signed a player today their loan would expire just after boxing day so perhaps we`ll see some activity after Tuesday so any loan doesn`t expire until the January window opens (particularly if we loan in someone with a view to a permanent signing).

Well according to SC it could take 12-15 games....quote... 'It’s a 12 to 15 game adjustment, just the speed of thought for our guys'.

As for loans...it's a tricky one, as we have no idea of the agreement between respective clubs. Some insist on a number of games if loaned. Plus appearances influence how much is paid. So many anomalies in contracts these days.

Moore is only on a 93 day loan anyway, but yes, he could be recalled.

Agree with the posts re Hamer, I think he expected to play even when Frankie was back and so row or not I don't expect he'll hang around all season just to sit on the bench.

Archived