IGNORED

Ramblings from a wine filled land.

BigTone

Afternoon folks

Am back at my home in France now as regrettably my health is not great so am giving up work again for a while and taking up wine drinking instead..

Sat in St Pancras International on Wed morning at 6am having a nice cup of coffee. They have a piano there and this guy was playing Christmas Carols on 24th Sept !!  What is the world coming to ?

Hope your health improves enough for you to escape from France again soon Tone.

Love it here and am chilling big time.

3 litre box of wine 8 euro & bottle of champagne 1.96 euro

Car has a flat battery which cannot be changed till Monday so have borrowed a car best described as "special" ............... no lights, indicators, brakes etc etc

Now sitting in front of my fire with a nice glass of Chateau Metho

Home sweet home for Tone.

Here or London ? .................... now let me decide.

House on RH side is available for holiday lets and comfotably sleeps six people. Pic is taken from games area which has all for kids and adults alike

002_LaMaisonFontaine 1.jpg

I meant France but either, really.

Aiz, France and the French are great.  I can't remember the last time I bought any veg or eggs when I am here because my farmer neighbours keep hanging bags of them on my gate.

I can honestly say that did not happen in Costa Coffee in St Pancras !!

LYou ve it here and am chilling big time.

3 litre box of wine 8 euro & bottle of champagne 1.96 euro

Car has a flat battery which cannot be changed till Monday so have borrowed a car best described as "special" ............... no lights, indicators, brakes etc etc

Now sitting in front of my fire with a nice glass of Chateau Metho

You can keep that muck!How many euros is a pint of Cheddar Valley?

If you're over there you can send me some flipping cheese at once!

Your beloved demands it!

Beloved, Angel, mon Cheri  why not come here and help me with my red wine problem and I promise you mouthfuls of the stinky cheese

I'll get onto Mega Bus and get their timetable

Ok Dolls, they do an express service that takes only 3 weeks to get here for a fiver.  Tell me the dates you are free and I'll book it.

I can get a 2 for the price of 1 deal so if you want to bring your Mum at least we will have someone to do the cooking, cleaning and gardening.

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls, I can you get you on Mega Bus Gold for the same price but wait for it ............................. you get a muffin and a bottle of water free of charge !!!   That is some impressive deal Mrs.

I need to book this soon Baby xxx

Hope your health improves enough for you to escape from France again soon Tone.

Saw the Doc again yesterday and it seems the wine & cheese is working. Blood pressure now near perfect, Cholesterol near perfect. Apart from that am feeling quite chilled out and do not keep keeling over. Possible my knees do not need replacing but can have a special gel injected into them that acts like cartilage. Happy days.

Cars Greatest Hits CD arrived today so getting down and getting with it as I write. Season 2 & 3 of Hell on Wheels also arrived so will settle down in front of the fire tonight.

Am escaping to Australia & Malaysia for Christmas.

Plenty of job offers so will wait and see.

Might even order a Groupon Swag Bag for the craic

I like the Dordogne region. Had a great little break there a few years back with a mates parents who live near Sainte Foy La Grande. Old farmhouse that backed onto a vineyard. Swimming pool in the garden. Lovely warm September evenings. Went to see Bordeaux play Lyon and went to an all you can drink end of season wine festival at Pierre's (obviously) vineyard down the road. We were also invited to the bloke who lived across the road's chateaux for a night cap, he was some multi-millionaire from London. Smoking £80 cigars and drinking expensive wine. Must admit I could've got used to it....

Then again I am a fan of the French riviera too, Cannes, Antibes and Nice... Looking forward to exploring more next summer, hopefully a return to Bordeaux and I'd like to do Marseille as well.

Forgot Lille too! Might have to reassess my dislike of France / the French. Now that I think of it maybe it is just gay Paris that I dislike?

I like the Dordogne region. Had a great little break there a few years back with a mates parents who live near Sainte Foy La Grande. Old farmhouse that backed onto a vineyard. Swimming pool in the garden. Lovely warm September evenings. Went to see Bordeaux play Lyon and went to an all you can drink end of season wine festival at Pierre's (obviously) vineyard down the road. We were also invited to the bloke who lived across the road's chateaux for a night cap, he was some multi-millionaire from London. Smoking £80 cigars and drinking expensive wine. Must admit I could've got used to it....

Then again I am a fan of the French riviera too, Cannes, Antibes and Nice... Looking forward to exploring more next summer, hopefully a return to Bordeaux and I'd like to do Marseille as well.

Forgot Lille too! Might have to reassess my dislike of France / the French. Now that I think of it maybe it is just gay Paris that I dislike?

Paris is great but ruined by Parisians.  Bordeaux is well worth a few days exploring.

My main observation of Lille is that it is chock a block full of cracking looking women !!

Saw the Doc again yesterday and it seems the wine & cheese is working. Blood pressure now near perfect, Cholesterol near perfect. Apart from that am feeling quite chilled out and do not keep keeling over. Possible my knees do not need replacing but can have a special gel injected into them that acts like cartilage. Happy days.

Cars Greatest Hits CD arrived today so getting down and getting with it as I write. Season 2 & 3 of Hell on Wheels also arrived so will settle down in front of the fire tonight.

Am escaping to Australia & Malaysia for Christmas.

Plenty of job offers so will wait and see.

Might even order a Groupon Swag Bag for the craic

The knee treatment is worth investigating.  They take some stem cells from your hip, mix with collagen and inject it through the knee-cap.  A pal of mine had it done and he is like a spring lamb now.  It has been pioneered by a guy here in Kent - a Professor Anan Shetty who operates from the Alexandria Hospital near Gillingham.  Privately the cost is around £4,000 per knee but there is a long waiting list for NHS.  The downside is that you cannot stand on the treated knee for about two months.  Two years ago I was examined by Shetty who said I was not bad enough but I hope to see him again soon as my knees are deteriorating.  If you google "Anan Shetty" you will find more info.  Good luck.

Archived