IGNORED

A Big Thank You

Welcome To The Jungle

Well, the same fans who booed were also clapping and cheering at every good moment during the game so nothing wrong there.

booing is related to the performance, the team didn't play well and the fans were letting them know. Come next match the same fans will be cheering each player as they are announced so no need to fuss about this.

If we lose and every player works their socks off you won't hear a single person booing

I will ask you just one question.

If you turned up to work and were booed and abused, would you feel more or less inclined to give 100% for these people? 

It isn't about what people are and are not entitled to do. Booing does not help and will make it worse. Simple as that, therefore people should not do it.

I understand what you are saying but to add a bit of balance how many of us at work have people wanting our autographs and photos, buy our workwear at huge expense and have our name printed on the back ? How many people jump up and hug a stranger when I do my job right? How many people do I get travelling 100's of miles again at great expense to watch me do my job? How many people chant my name or sing songs about me? 

Yes booing isn't nice, but it's a collective show of displeasure. Now if an angry mob stormed the dressing room or attacked a players family or car etc that's obviously a different thing. I'm sure footballers are a bit tougher than letting a few boos get to them, if they do maybe they have deeper problems? Ex players, players who have caused controversy get abuse at away grounds almost weekly.

My opinion is they win as a team and take the praise, but they lose as a team too and have to take some ownership of this.

Seems he's the new scapegoat.

For what it's worth, Wilbraham has been poor this season but looks like he's playing at his limits and things are just not going for him. On the other hand, not wishing to be controversional, but Joe Bryan has been rubbish for about a month now, and looks like he is playing a long way short of his capabilities and obvious talent. I know which bothers me more.

I assume his confidence is shot, because he is not being bold, he is not getting stuck in, he is drifting out of games too easily, and not making use of any of his assets - speed, agility, passing. And someone on here said replacing him with Williams was obvious - I'd have brought Burns on, it wasn't the defending that was the problem, it was the fact no one was taking them on or causing them any problems.

If I perform badly at work, I'm told so. Wilbraham has been consistently poor and actually I would question his effort at times, so I Have nothing against the fans the made their displeasure Vocal. 

As for booing the team, I have no feeling. If anyone should have been booed it's Cotterill for totally the wrong subs at the wrong times (barring Williams for Bryan, which I think even a toddler could've made). 

No, if you are shit in work then your boss should discuss the issues with you and arrange appropriate traing to address the issues with your performance. I very much doubt that your companies customers mob up at your workplace and mock your performance. 

If they did, how would you feel about that..? 

For what it's worth, Wilbraham has been poor this season but looks like he's playing at his limits and things are just not going for him. On the other hand, not wishing to be controversional, but Joe Bryan has been rubbish for about a month now, and looks like he is playing a long way short of his capabilities and obvious talent. I know which bothers me more.

I assume his confidence is shot, because he is not being bold, he is not getting stuck in, he is drifting out of games too easily, and not making use of any of his assets - speed, agility, passing. And someone on here said replacing him with Williams was obvious - I'd have brought Burns on, it wasn't the defending that was the problem, it was the fact no one was taking them on or causing them any problems.

Agree about Bryan. Jordan Spence had complete control over JB all game. Stronger, faster, braver.

He's disappointed me a bit this season as I really rate him. I'm sure he'll improve but we can't have passengers. If GC was still here it wouldn't surprise me if he would be starting.

In the age of millionaire lower league footballers and ticket prices that rule out many of the working classes, I'd say supporters have every right to voice their displeasure when there is a perceived lack of effort. However, yesterday it was ability and tactics that were lacking, not effort. So the booing was unnecessary.

I'm interested to know if we would of lost 7-0 would people still not be allowed to boo

I never gave my opinion on whether it was right or wrong to boo, I just asked if we had held on for 3 points with the same performance whether the team would have been applauded off and the performance described as a "heroic backs to the wall victory".

in answer to your question, I suppose  that would depend on whether the team showed a lack of effort in losing 7-0.

I never gave my opinion on whether it was right or wrong to boo, I just asked if we had held on for 3 points with the same performance whether the team would have been applauded off and the performance described as a "heroic backs to the wall victory".

in answer to your question, I suppose  that would depend on whether the team showed a lack of effort in losing 7-0.

Taking up your original point, if they had held on for the win most of us would have been celebrating like we had won the cup, as this would have been the first in at AG and over the team just above us in the league, and we would have been up to the dizzy heights of 19th in the table...

If this had been a routine game in mid-season with us sitting in mid table, there would have been a general groan, but unlikely any major booing.

Yesterday's booing was a reaction to many things - not just not being able to see a game out with 90 seconds to go.  It was the 2nd week in a row we have let in a late equaliser, costing 4 vital points. It means we are still bottom for another 2 weeks going into the international break. It means that we still haven't seen a home win in a new league with a new stand.

We sat back and invited pressure and nearly got away with it, which in a way would have made the victory sweeter - I am a great believer in the  way teams are defined as being good by being able to grind out a win when their performance does not really warrant it.  This was a trademark of SC when he arrived here, he was able to make wins out of possible draws by nicking a goal and riding our luck - something that SOD had no ability to do, and seemingly didn't want to do:- "performances are more important than results" "I don't look at the league table".

The main thing is that results are everything, if we played like that every week (without conceding the late goal") and won 1-0 I would be as happy as anything as we would be getting out of the mire and proving we can see a game out. Yesterday (and the Ipswich game) proved that we can't and also brings back the notion of the "soft underbelly" that was around during the latter part of the del-boy era and the whole of the SOD regime.

Hope that helps!

Archived