IGNORED

A Big Thank You

Welcome To The Jungle

Bristol City's second half performance was boo worthy. They should know how poor they were and how displeased we as fans who pay top money to watch them week in and week out are. If anything it should be extra motivation for them to play better next time out. Cotterhill and co should be aware of how we feel and booing is the only way we can display our displeasure. 

You dont get anything for trying hard. So as much as I appreciate how hard they try, they need to be better. I can try hard at work but if I'm awful I'll still get the sack. Nothing wrong with putting some pressure on them to perform. 

Bristol City fans pay good money to watch their team, we travel away in impressive numbers, we have been remarkably tolerant over the last few seasons and many are frustrated at how we have failed to build on last season.

Last season is gone, yes it was fantastic and most will never forget it, but football deals with the present and sentiment is short-lived.

City fans are entitled to display their displeasure, our players earn phenomenally good money, why should we just smile and applaud politely when performances are just not good enough?

To everyone who booed at full time. Nothing raises confidence to help us get out of a rut quite like booing. Also congratulations to everyone who stayed by the tunnel just to abuse Wilbraham at full time and gave him sarcastic cheers when he came off. 

If you want to win every week, try Old Trafford or the Emirates. You could even buy a BT Sport subscription and watch them from the comfort of your own home. If you do come again, get behind the team and support them. 

Things do not get better by booing! Moral gets lower and the players will disengage from the fans. If you want us to stay up then sing your hearts out and support them to the end. Few things really get me angry at football, but booing your own team is right up there. It'll be like watching a team of Liam Fontaines in a few weeks. Good players turned to shot by abuse from the stands. 

I've read some nonsense on here(mainly by me)but that Takes  the biscuit ,do you want fans to cheer at full time after being outplayed by relegation fodder,I will give you the wilbs booing was crap but anybody with eyes can see he's not good enough,if you want happy clappers then maybe they are the ones who should go to old Trafford,I haven't and never will boo a city team off but people are untitled to do what they want

Bristol City fans pay good money to watch their team, we travel away in impressive numbers, we have been remarkably tolerant over the last few seasons and many are frustrated at how we have failed to build on last season.

Last season is gone, yes it was fantastic and most will never forget it, but football deals with the present and sentiment is short-lived.

City fans are entitled to display their displeasure, our players earn phenomenally good money, why should we just smile and applaud politely when performances are just not good enough?

I can applaud this. Verbally abusing players is silly. I may have wanted to but it's going a bit too far. A boo, however, could be just the kick in the teeth for them to get the lead out of their as**s and start displaying their quality. 

I've read some nonsense on here(mainly by me)but that Takes  the biscuit ,do you want fans to cheer at full time after being outplayed by relegation fodder,I will give you the wilbs booing was crap but anybody with eyes can see he's not good enough,if you want happy clappers then maybe they are the ones who should go to old Trafford,I haven't and never will boo a city team off but people are untitled to do what they want

I will ask you just one question.

If you turned up to work and were booed and abused, would you feel more or less inclined to give 100% for these people? 

It isn't about what people are and are not entitled to do. Booing does not help and will make it worse. Simple as that, therefore people should not do it.

We won't play a worse team than MK Dons this season , so perhaps the booing was justified as a way of expressing frustration . 

Very harsh booing Wilbs, although I agree that his future at Bristol City can only be as an impact Substitute. 

If people thought the mindless idiots who destroyed Liam Fontaine had gone then , sadly, they're very wrong . 

Crucial month coming up, Cotts needs to restore confidence , consider his tactics and selections , and then get a replacement for Wilbs , and also an old hand in midfield . 

Manager picks the side and this side aint good enough we made the Dons look like Real Madrid!

Cotts is clueless a little like Benny Lennartsson and look how that turned out!

Wont be long before SC starts getting the deserved stick as the buck stops with him and last season is now a distant memory.

We didn't do the right business in the transfer window so have to keep going with the likes of Pack Wilbur and Little who like are manager are out of they're depth.

Big Sam or Nil Warnock to restore some pride.

If you turned up to work and were booed and abused, would you feel more or less inclined to give 100% for these people? 

It isn't about what people are and are not entitled to do. Booing does not help and will make it worse. Simple as that, therefore people should not do it.

if I was booed at work I would think I will jeffing show them,of course weaker characters will hide,the sort of players we don't need 

I can understand just about why people choose to boo today but those idiots in the Atyeo who stayed around the tunnel to verbally abuse there own players are embarrassing. I was hoping wilbs was going to jump in the stand and give them what for!! I'm a massive SC fan and back him to the hilt but today he got it all wrong. Tactically we were an open book 2nd half, defend deep for the whole half unless Mk score then panic!! Subs were strange except Williams for Bryan. And timing awful wilbs should have come off on the hour at least. I fear for SC as this international break gives lansdown a lot of thinking time!

So many great managers on here seem to know more about a player than someone who sees and works with him nearly everyday. I feel sorry for the guy but  the witch hunters, have spoken, someone has to pay for the poor results.

When the going gets tough.........watch out any, player, manager, chairman some fans will be desperate for someone...........anyone to blame.

He will be hounded out, for sure..thanks Wilbs you will shine at your next club. :facepalm:

We have far too many morons supporting this club. I clapped Wilbs when he came off, he was poor today but never lacks effort. 

I agree with you. I clapped them off at Birmingham. The problem is that Wilbraham is poor in most games at this level. He is a great bloke and gives his all but is not good enough. Yet he plays every game. We must change things.

I agree with you. I clapped them off at Birmingham. The problem is that Wilbraham is poor in most games at this level. He is a great bloke and gives his all but is not good enough. Yet he plays every game. We must change things.

I am a fan but he was very poor today and AGARD needs a run, but abusing the bloke at FT is moronic behaviour from braindead idiots.

Wilbs was poor today but I stood and clapped when he went off for the effort he put in.Sadly effort is not enough at this level and a few others were poor as well.Mark Little is way out of his depth at this level and are inability to get some decent players in the window is coming back to bite us in the arse.

I am a fan but he was very poor today and AGARD needs a run, but abusing the bloke at FT is moronic behaviour from braindead idiots.

The worst decision Cotterill's has made this season? Possibly the one where he wanted to put supportive fans round the tunnel. Should have left the away bunch there if he wanted that...

(and yes, I refer to a mindless minority. Not the whole Atyeo home section). 

Everyone around me today seemed to be on an outing from a home for the bewildered, it wasn't a pleasant experience but to be fair, they were mainly very positive in their strange shouts of encouragement.

i don't think there's anything wrong with a few seconds boo at final whistle but any personal abuse is moronic and can only have a bad effect on the club we love.

On the other hand, in the promotion season of 1997/8, the team were booed off after drawing 1-1 at home to Bournemouth in October, leaving them 18th in the table.  After the game some fans hurled a torrent of abuse that was clearly heard in the home dressing room.  John Ward and his players informed the media that they were so stung by the reaction of the fans that they were determined to put things right, which they did by almost immediately.  They soon went on a 13 game winning run and were as good as promoted by the New Year.

So like it or not, it can have the desired effect in improving performances and results.

It's not Wilbs fault, you can never fault him for effort, he is having a mare at the moment but the manager won't drop him for whatever reason. It's like little Lee Johnson all over again, the manager won't drop him seemingly to prove a point.

SC needs to adapt quickly before the fans really start to turn on him and the gap at the bottom  becomes too big.  I hope he does, it all depends how stubborn he's  going to be

Funny that. I recall a rousing 'Come on you Reds' in the final minutes as the supporters tried to rally the team to an undeserved win, after a dire second-half performance.

People booed at the end, I'd imagine out of frustration after the summer we've had and 1 win in 11 games that has come as a result of that.

Booing at the end is perfectly acceptable as way to give your opinion of a performance. What else can you do?

Knocking Wilbraham is just stupid. Even if this year is a maybe a year to far given the shit hole we find ourselves in, show a little respect.

Booing at the end is perfectly acceptable as way to give your opinion of a performance. What else can you do?

Knocking Wilbraham is just stupid. Even if this year is a maybe a year to far given the shit hole we find ourselves in, show a little respect.

Agree, people are perfectly entitled to boo. I draw the line at any personal abuse directed at our players during/after a game - just fruitless, especially at a real tried like Wilbraham even if he was woeful today. Debating the merits of their selection is totally different and absolutely fine. 

Archived