IGNORED

What will Lansdown and co do ?

DT The Optimist

How can we carry on like this until January. We need to change what we are doing or expect more of the same.If nothing changes until January we will be gone.

Indeed, we all know and agree it was the horrendous failings to strengthen in the summer that has results in us being where we are now (I blame Burt & Cotts not SL for that). HOWEVER we can't fix that, but we can make some changes now, just that Cotts us too stubborn or blind to see where the problemslay... Repeat our form over the first 10 matches for the next ten and we will be cut adrift and the season lost before the January transfer window comes.

How can we carry on like this until January. We need to change what we are doing or expect more of the same.If nothing changes until January we will be gone.

No we wont, the season dosen`t finish then. Seems some teams we`ve played already have more belief in our team than our own fans.

Towards the end of last season, when we were pretty much guaranteed promotion, SC stated they were planning  for life in the championship. 

I cannot believe they were that naive regarding the cost of doing business in a higher league. It just looked very amateur. 

January is the first opportunity to gain some semblance of recovery for the fiasco that was this summer.

Identify targets and get the personnel in.  I don't want to read in the press ever again, about how much this player costs or his wage demands. We wanted to be in this division, we now need to belong. I am talking in terms of stadium, budget and squad. 

Stevo 

January may be too bloody late if we carry on with performances like that!

Yeah Jan is going to be well to late. Not sure how the management team are going to get themselves outta this hole.  They do not have the playing staff they need to obtain the points needed.  They missed the boat with regard to transfers.  That is now translating its self into a pattern of poor results over the last 10 games. Who is to blame, all of them.  One big massive **** up by all at the club.  New ground is going to look out of place in League one half empty.  Oh well, never simple being a city supporter.

January probably is too late and as we've heard before, decent championship players won't want to join us if we're bottom of the table in January. At this level, if you don't get your squad sorted in the summer, you're in the shit and boy are we in the shit. I can't believe we've repeated the same mistakes of not sorting the squad out in the summer and then filling it with loan signings, a complete disaster before and so it's proving again.

Clearly money was available in the summer. Is there no sensible calibration between the wage budget and recruitment budget? Is someone making financial decisions on behalf of Lansdown in his absence? Some serious questions need to be answered as to why we find ourselves in the position we are currently in.

I find this all very amusing.  It's not like we have not seen the same thing happen time after time with the stewardship of this club over the past 10 or 15 years.

As long as SL owns this club this roller coaster of hope and despair will continue. Mistake after mistake after mistake with the odd season of success.

Yet some how these odd seasons is all it takes to sucker in people over and over again.

I find this all very amusing.  It's not like we have not seen the same thing happen time after time with the stewardship of this club over the past 10 or 15 years.

As long as SL owns this club this roller coaster of hope and despair will continue. Mistake after mistake after mistake with the odd season of success.

Yet some how these odd seasons is all it takes to sucker in people over and over again.

The biggest disappointment for me is that Cotterill actually seemed to put a proper recruitment plan in place last season. For the first time ever - no "clubs in the bag" bollox or seven loan players who didn't give a to$$ about the club. He identified the system he wanted to play and the players he brought in fitted the system perfectly at the level we were playing and were, in the main, young with the potential for re-sale value. Joe Bryan was utilised from the Academy and Reid and Burns were sent out to learn men's football so that they could hopefully benefit us in future seasons. Loans were used when necessary to COMPLEMENT what we had. We were operating with a smaller squad than you would call ideal but I just assumed Cotterill thought he could get away with it in League 1 once we reached the New Year injury free and with no sign of our form slipping.

But fast forward 12 months and, it doesn't matter how optimistic you are and even if you have 500% confidence we will avoid relegation, we are in a complete and utter mess and have thrown the above plan in the bin. We have one signing of note (and what a signing to be fair), another signing who did not fit the system and left the club for personal reasons within weeks, a number of loan players who are struggling big time with the exception of Baker who seems to be finding his feet, embarrassing bids of £7m plus for players who we never had a hope in hell of attracting when we should have been looking at three or four players to be signed at a COMBINED TOTAL of £7m. We are rudderless at the moment, Bristol Sport has gone very quiet and, in my mind, the guy who invests the money has to take the responsibility for the rubbish we are putting up with to date this season in addition to the glory of last season.

I still think we might eventually claw our way to safety somehow this season but whether we do, or not, the leadership at the very top has been irresponsible this season and seems akin to a man with plenty of money getting bored with his personal toy because he doesn't understand how to use all of the features it comes with (a personal toy is what it is at the end of the day because none of us has the cash to take it off him).

Archived