IGNORED

Kodjia

SuperDziek

That this topic rears its head almost every game without fail - and in spite of results - shows just what an incredible talent this lad is. 

I only hope if he has contractual release clauses we had the foresight to set them at an appropriate level l, or if not that we are at least trying to negotiate to increase them. 

He's been fantastic, far exceeding what we could have expected.

He even got back and won a few tackles today but more importantly he gives us an outlet and goal threat every game.

Needs more support alongside him and from his midfield, though.

Will be gone in January if our current forms continues and he must be wondering what the hell he has joined and I cat blame him.

unless of course he is using us a a stepping stone to a bigger club. Either way the boy is quality and at the moment looks too good for us.

unless of course he is using us a a stepping stone to a bigger club. Either way the boy is quality and at the moment looks too good for us.

To be honest I hope every player we sign deep down sees us as a stepping stone or they simply are not ambitious enough. 

His former club Angers is also sitting second in Ligue 1. So I do feel for him a bit. He's obviously a class above anyone else on city and most others in the championship. Can't see him leaving in January but can definately see him gone after 1 season at this rate. He's rarely been a let down this season

After a couple of very raw early appearances he really is looking like a top quality player and seems to look more impressive with every game. 

Add a little bit more composure consistently in front of goal, to go with his excellent movement, direct running and impressive work rate and we will have premiership clubs queing up for him. 

He was a joy to watch at times yesterday, off the ball and on it. 

Nice dance too..! 

The guy has been immense for us so far, but he desperately needs help along side him. He did the work of two men against MK but was exhausted for the last 30 mins. Give Agard a run along side him to take the pressure off and he could be even better for us.

Just keeps getting himself in the right places. 20 goals is looking bleedin likely! At present he is the only player worth getting excited about. On a different note, I've been disappointed in Freeman so far this season, hasn't been terrible but isn't having the same impact on the game like he did last year. Lost the ball numerous of times yesterday and quite often made a poor pass. Would have thought playing with Jimmy Danger the assists would be racking up! Also very impressed with Reid, hope he keeps his place when Smith returns and it's pack dropped.

Does anyone know what length contract we signed him on?

Really hope we improve so our finishing position is sufficient or we'll really struggle to keep hold him sounds like we might struggle already and he's going to instrumental if we're going make a serious play off push next season. 

when the equaliser went in he sat down on the turf in a very despondent manner - he needs someone sharper than Wilbs next to him

It wasn't so long ago people on here were saying 'Kodjia can't score' and now everyone is waxing lyrical about him, and that's a phrase I didn't think I'd say on a Sunday!

I enthusiastically suggested Carlton Cole or Shola Ameobi on here as potential replacements for Wilbs, got shouted down despite both of them being seasoned premier league pros with over a hundred EPL goals and 13 international goals between them...oh well, let's carry on making Wilbs run around for 80 minutes at the age of 36, whilst Carlton Cole is 32 and Shola is 33.....(and before someone shouts 'we can't afford their wages' - why can't we! We've got a billionaire owner and it looks like 'riddled with debt' Bolton can afford Shola's wages...)

After a couple of very raw early appearances he really is looking like a top quality player and seems to look more impressive with every game. 

Add a little bit more composure consistently in front of goal, to go with his excellent movement, direct running and impressive work rate and we will have premiership clubs queing up for him. 

He was a joy to watch at times yesterday, off the ball and on it. 

Nice dance too..! 

and here's my view of those moves:

05B44E69-84E1-4F58-8E48-0AE47FACB7E4_zps

83DCD4BB-882E-44FA-A4A3-2594243C67F2_zps

F216D485-1FC4-4FC0-973F-41FE4420979D_zps

79C36E0C-B296-4B82-AEA4-CF9D9847418E_zps

Partially cos he's French, partially because he's  big, strong, quick,  intelligent, dives well and really pisses off defenders and opposing fans-  as Wenger likes but hasn't recently had .

Doesn't really matter who he ends up with- if he continues his progression at the same pace then he's gonna be worth £10 million which sadly makes not a lot of difference to us fans. He'll jump at the chance of any Premier club when the time comes- it's just a shame he's joined us at a time when we can't seem to make the most of his talents.

Partially cos he's French, partially because he's  big, strong, quick,  intelligent, dives well and really pisses off defenders and opposing fans-  as Wenger likes but hasn't recently had .

Doesn't really matter who he ends up with- if he continues his progression at the same pace then he's gonna be worth £10 million which sadly makes not a lot of difference to us fans. He'll jump at the chance of any Premier club when the time comes- it's just a shame he's joined us at a time when we can't seem to make the most of his talents.

Good shout chief!

I agree with you, especially your last line - the timing of his signing (am I a poet now?!) is unfortunate, he must wonder what he's joined, but at least he can score his way into a better club...

Sadly we have repeated our past mistakes and not recruited better quality in the rest of the squad.

Been here before many times were we spend out on forwards and forget about the service and bulking up the defence, see Andy Cole, Bob Taylor, Ade Akinbiyi, Nicky Maynard, all good strikers for the league we were in, completely let down by our recruitment. Kodjia will be gone and we will be kicking ourselves, again.

Archived