IGNORED

442 - what would be your Team?

brad blit

Fielding

Ayling   Flint.  Baker.   Williams 

Burns.  Smith.  Freeman.  Bryan

Kodjia.  Agard 

A very lightweight midfield would be only concern but full of pace and creativity. I was tempted to put Bryan back to full back, Freeman left and Pack in the middle but decided Williams at left would be better option. 

Fielding

Kodjia.  Agard 

A very lightweight midfield would be only concern but full of pace and creativity. I was tempted to put Bryan back to full back, Freeman left and Pack in the middle but decided Williams at left would be better option. 

think I would rather play 3-5-2 than that formation with those players picked. Opinions I suppose but no little? And burns at right midfield? If you ask burns he still sees himself as a striker. And not sure that 4-4-2 is the answer to everything.

Fielding/Hamer

Ayling    Baker      Flint     Bryan

Pack  Smith

Agard          Reid       Freeman

Kodjia

Robinson, Moore and Burns all offering options

Midfield needs another body mind

Fielding/Hamer

Pack  Smith

Kodjia

I think that's what I'd like to see. Really like Ayling but would rather have Little as a right back.

I just don't think we have two central midfielders good enough to do 442; Smith plus Freeman, & I'd worry about cover for the defence; Smith plus Pack, and I'd be worried about who would be linking/heading up with the forwards; Smith plus Bobby, see Freeman.

And as is shown; any combo lacking Smith doesn't bare thinking about.

Central midfield is a current weak spot, and being that is one place you need to be very, very strong for 442.

Not saying we shouldn't try it (right now I say tray ANYTHING) but worry we'd be our matched in the centre.

Fielding

Ayling Flint Baker Williams

Agard Reid Smith Freeman Bryan

Kodjia

I would prefer to go 4-5-1, but allowing Agard and Bryan to push forward from the wings, and also give Reid and Freeman the freedom in the centre to push up if needed, or support if needed. The bank four would remain defensive, and Smith could drop back into a holding midfielder if under pressure. I think Kodjia will find his own spaces so would work well as a loan striker, especially when four of the 5 midfielders have attacking qualities and could link up play better. I would rather see Agard and Bryan used as wingers, than using Wing Backs, as in this league when the wing backs push up we are left too vulnerable at the back.

Fielding

Kodjia.  Agard 

That's the line-up I'd like to see 

Fielding

Ayling, flint, baker, Williams

Smith, Bryan

Freeman, Reid, Agard

Kodjia

Similar to some others but I'd try Freeman on the right, cutting inside and agard doinf the same on the left. Pack is not good enough so I'd have Bryan alongside Smith, if you think about it, Bryan has all the qualities to play there and is good in the air too so pretty much the only thing pack offers which is his aerial ability, Joe has too. I would consider bringing in moore for ayling and moving Bryan to left back and moving ayling into midfield if Williams was not performing at left back. But I think Williams is pretty reliable there, even if he offers little going forward, important to be solid. And that centre back pairing takes some beating too. The depth to come in for injuries is terrible though, Burns has looked good, that's about it. 

Fielding/Hamer

Pack  Smith

Kodjia

I like that formation. Does something about the massive gaps that appear in our central midfield at the moment. Getting Bobby Reid playing near Kodjia might work well.

I wonder if Agard is the right player for that spot. Whoever plays there has to do some of the defensive midfield work and I'm not sure that's in Agard's game. Burns might be able to do it.

Probably highlights the fact that we need one or two better midfield players at the club, whatever formation we play.

I would go 4 3 3 

Fielding
     Ayling.   Flint.    Baker.   Williams
                          Pack
                   Smith.    Reid 
  Agard.            Kodjia.         Freeman

we need to stop conceding so a more defensive defence as it were, Bryan needs a wake up call also and although there are many moaning about pack what he offers in front of the back 4 can't be underestimated he wins a lot of balls in the air

So the bottom line appears to be that pretty much everyone wants 4 at the back with Flint & Baker as central defenders. Nobody wants Freeman or Wilbraham at the moment. Many seem to think we need 3 in midfield which must include Smith & Reid. And Kodjia stays up front.

And the chances of SC doing any of that? NIL!!!!

Fielding

Ayling     Flint      Baker     Williams

Agard     Smith    Reid       Bryan 

Freeman

Kodjia

Agard at right midfield yeah? And I'm a bad poster :facepalm:

Fielding

Ayling          Flint           Baker          Williams

Smith           Pack

Freeman        Reid          Bryan

Kodjia

Not that I think SC will change any time soon if at all, but first of all I think the above will stop the forays forward by wing backs leaving the team open to counter attacks, play with 4 defenders and tell them to do just that. Having Pack and Smith sitting in front of the back 4 to provide support to the defence, it's imperative that we stop shipping so many goals, in an ideal world a better option than Pack would be ideal but we have to go with what we have. Reid has shown that he is more than ready for this level creatively and having him in behind Kodjia could work really well, with of course our players of the season last year either side of him playing in more of a free role dictated by the state of the game.

Regardless of the formation or whether SC will change it, I firmly believe that the team and squad we have now will keep us up, I really do think a couple of wins will do the boys a world of good, its painfully obvious to see that they are playing with absolutely no confidence at the moment, as demonstrated by the second half and trying to hold on against MK on Saturday.

A quality loan signing in the mould of an experienced midfield general would be great, but personally I can't see any more arrivals until January.

Archived