IGNORED

Cunningham was a FREE to Preston. FREE

Jesus

How long left did Greg have on his contract? 

What do we think he was on a week?

If it was a year and £10k p/w, then we would've spent £500k and lost him for nowt next summer.....when Cotts thought he wouldn't get much game time.....and would free up wages for new signings (which haven't materialised).

There is some logic to that.

Secondly, what if Greg wanted an extended deal? Signing on fee, plus undoubtedly more wages.

Just trying to reason what might've have happened....but I am disappointed if this is fact.

How long left did Greg have on his contract? 

What do we think he was on a week?

If it was a year and £10k p/w, then we would've spent £500k and lost him for nowt next summer.....when Cotts thought he wouldn't get much game time.....and would free up wages for new signings (which haven't materialised).

There is some logic to that.

Secondly, what if Greg wanted an extended deal? Signing on fee, plus undoubtedly more wages.

Just trying to reason what might've have happened....but I am disappointed if this is fact.

His deal was up end of season. Guessing he was on somewhere between £6,000-£10,000 a week? What people seem to be forgetting is greg wanted to play week in week out! No point I having a unhappy player especially one who served us so well, last season he was often on the bench yet when called upon was a model professional. So maybe when the chance come for him to move on we didn't step I his way as he deserved his move.

Did anyone watch on Saturday and think, "If only we could bring Greg Cunningham on now!" I'm guessing not.

At the same time, I deplore the practice of giving players gratis to our league rivals.

Actually I'd probably rather he came on than Williams! I don't really see Williams as a LWB/LB. Bryan has been fairly indifferent this season and were Greg still here I wouldn't have been surprised if he were starting.

He's not a game changer in the same way JET was but our squad is definitely weaker without him.

Actually I'd probably rather he came on than Williams! I don't really see Williams as a LWB/LB. Bryan has been fairly indifferent this season and were Greg still here I wouldn't have been surprised if he were starting.

He's not a game changer in the same way JET was but our squad is definitely weaker without him.

If he was sent on to sit wide of our goal line, it wouldn't matter who he was. The manager's tactics would have negated any zip he might have provided. 

Christ the lengths people will go to to defend the club. Must be an amazing season so far from some of your perspectives. 

First of all it wasn't his account, then when it becomes clear it is he's now a wind up merchant, a liar and or he might not know his own fee. 

Just face it, in line with everything else this summer I'd say it's bang on. 

For me its not about the player, I don't care about Greg Cunningham the left back, I care about Greg Cunningham who was sold (or not sold) for £400,000! 

Its about the money for me.  You can't on one hand complain about: 

a) Not having enough money for wages (not actually said this, but alluded to it)

b) Worry about the size of the squad

And then sell (give away) a decent left back for a FREE.  Its madness.

Now, that twitter account is Cunninghams official account, so it is him. End of argument on that.  Now if he is "joking", well, erm, its not a joke is it.  He has no reason to joke or lie about his fee at all, so I'm not buying that excuse for one second I'm afraid.  

For me its not about the player, I don't care about Greg Cunningham the left back, I care about Greg Cunningham who was sold (or not sold) for £400,000! 

a) Not having enough money for wages (not actually said this, but alluded to it)

Now, that twitter account is Cunninghams official account, so it is him. End of argument on that.  Now if he is "joking", well, erm, its not a joke is it.  He has no reason to joke or lie about his fee at all, so I'm not buying that excuse for one second I'm afraid.  

Judging from Tetbury's posts here, there was money involved. Is it possible the fee upfront was £0 upfront with instalments over 6,12,18 months with clauses about Preston staying up?

Are you buying the BBC, Sky Sports, PNE Official web site, Bristol City Official web site all reporting he signed for PNE for an 'undisclosed fee'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33674016

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11726/9926739/preston-sign-defender-greg-cunningham-from-bristol-city-for-an-undisclosed-fee

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/cunningham-completes-permanent-move-2574939.aspx

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/cunningham-completes-preston-switch-2574890.aspx

Archived