IGNORED

Wes Burns called up for full team sqad

Roadrunner

Great news for burns ! I would like to see burns given a run in the team upfront alongside kodja . I've not seen him play  upfront much but even if it was just 30 mins to replace wilbs . burns is a much similar replacement for wilbs then agard espcially if as have have mentioned he has gained muscle . 

I dont think he is a wingback as the last few  home games he has come on rwb he beats his marker but his crosses never make it past the first man or easily blocked.  

• This topic was featured and unfeatured

Try thinking outside the box. Saw more from him against S Wed in the opener than I have seen from Little, Moore and Fredericks combined all season. 

well me thinking outside the box is Wes is a striker and give him a run of games with kodja up front ?? To turn a striker into a wing back isn't the greatest idea when we are already bottom of the league and conceded most goals in the league!!! We need are wing backs to tuck in and tighten us up, not attack the right wing like Wes would. Square pegs in round holes doesn't work

well me thinking outside the box is Wes is a striker and give him a run of games with kodja up front ?? To turn a striker into a wing back isn't the greatest idea when we are already bottom of the league and conceded most goals in the league!!! We need are wing backs to tuck in and tighten us up, not attack the right wing like Wes would. Square pegs in round holes doesn't work

You mean like Bryan at wing back? 

SC obviously see's Burns as competent to play wing back but we'll both bow to your greater knowledge and wisdom limit his starts as striker or on the bench. 

You mean like Bryan at wing back? 

SC obviously see's Burns as competent to play wing back but we'll both bow to your greater knowledge and wisdom limit his starts as striker.  

Bryan was/is a left sided midfielder who plays wing back hardly the same as asking a striker to play right wing back? Lets be honest the only reason Wes is filling I occasionally at wing back is due to lack of numbers. I'm not sure SC sees him as competent at wing back but more like who else can play there. Personally would rather waggy got a run as back up wing back. Lets see Wes do what he does for wales u21 and score goals up front.

Hang on a sec wouldn't people saying that he wasn't good enough to get in our team and now he has a chance of going to the Euro's next year. Blimey we must have a really good team :shifty:

Yep, I was totally shouted down on here when I waxed lyrical about his performance away at Cheltenham last season and then I chuckled at the early season sages on here recently who declared 'Kodjia can't score.'

Some real experts on here go quiet when proved wrong.

Congratulations to Wes and, of course, to djb6162.

On a previous, fairly recent thread where Wes was receiving ridiculous and totally unjustified abuse, I mentioned that, given his goalscoring record for the Under 21s, I would not be surprised if he was in the squad for the 2016 finals.

We shall see, but fingers crossed - assuming Wales qualify ;)

Are you able to give us an indication of the type of players Wes was picked above to get into the Wales squad? My knowledge of Welsh strikers/wingers isn't good enough to make an assessment!

Think I'm right in saying all the forwards in the squad are in the Championship + Bale?

apologies for the delay just caught this question

so ironically the player most overlooked and whom wes has been favoured over is tom Bradshaw 

wallsall don't get why tom isn't in the squad 

but their is history 

while at Shrewsbury tom made himself unavailable for Wales u21 

he had been dropped in favour of wes and never got his place back 

clearly tom didn't like that but wes was clearly the standout player in that team even as an 18 year old 

I guess wes has gone from strength to strength in that squad while tom has not been invited back 

no surprise to us that wes was picked ahead of tom as Geraint williams (u21 manager) is a big wes fan.

Wes is seen predominately as a striker first but has been used as an out and out winger 

never as a wing back

hope that helps 

apologies for the delay just caught this question

so ironically the player most overlooked and whom wes has been favoured over is tom Bradshaw 

wallsall don't get why tom isn't in the squad 

but their is history 

while at Shrewsbury tom made himself unavailable for Wales u21 

he had been dropped in favour of wes and never got his place back 

clearly tom didn't like that but wes was clearly the standout player in that team even as an 18 year old 

I guess wes has gone from strength to strength in that squad while tom has not been invited back 

no surprise to us that wes was picked ahead of tom as Geraint williams (u21 manager) is a big wes fan.

Wes is seen predominately as a striker first but has been used as an out and out winger 

never as a wing back

hope that helps 

hope this could be his season Mr Burns, for club and country

Archived