IGNORED

Wes Burns called up for full team sqad

Roadrunner

Watched him recently against Forest for the under 21's....was really impressed and looked better on that occasion than Agard.

Seems to have put some muscle on without losing speed...put himself about as well.

How do you know hes better than Agard , the mans had no chance at all this season  ! Having said that id pick either before Wilbs . 

How do you know hes better than Agard , the mans had no chance at all this season  ! Having said that id pick either before Wilbs . 

Not knowing the teamsheets but I presume he's talking about during that game - 'on that occassion' 

Is there a full moon or something in the water today? Why can't people read the post correctly and stop interpreting things how they want to see it....not just at you fella.

I said Burns impressed more than Agard ON THAT OCCASSION ;-)

Is there a full moon or something in the water today? Why can't people read the post correctly and stop interpreting things how they want to see it....not just at you fella.

I said Burns impressed more than Agard ON THAT OCCASSION ;-)

Why would a full moon be in the water?  Please explain.  I guess it's Cotterill's fault again.

Hearty congratulations Wes and to @djb6162 - you must be very proud. Now I'm going to have to struggle with the paradox of wanting Wes to score the winner in a Welsh defeat.

Unless they are playing us, I have no problems with wishing the Welsh football team all the best.

Different matter with rugby though...

Seems like wales have the same problem as city. Without being rude to Wes he certainly isn't ready for a full international cap. He has made exciting appearance's as sub and been out on loan. But how can a player who doesn't know what postion is his best and with little experience possibly be called up for full international squad? Am I being harsh . With wales about to qualify for a tournament for first time in ages I hope if given a chance he stakes his claim.

Seems like wales have the same problem as city. Without being rude to Wes he certainly isn't ready for a full international cap. He has made exciting appearance's as sub and been out on loan. But how can a player who doesn't know what postion is his best and with little experience possibly be called up for full international squad? Am I being harsh . With wales about to qualify for a tournament for first time in ages I hope if given a chance he stakes his claim.

You are being harsh.

Wes has been a big success at U.21 level - where he's merited a squad place since he was 18 - with almost a goal every 2 games, so the step up is just natural progression.

I've said all along this should be Wes' breakthrough season at BCFC, I hope to see signs of that very soon with Cotts. giving him regular opportunities to show his worth.

You are being harsh.

Wes has been a big success at U.21 level - where he's merited a squad place since he was 18 - with almost a goal every 2 games, so the step up is just natural progression.

I've said all along this should be Wes' breakthrough season at BCFC, I hope to see signs of that very soon with Cotts. giving him regular opportunities to show his worth.

so what position does Wes play?

for Wales under 21 he's always played as a striker, and shown he knows where the net is 

this is what I mean, Wes sees himself as a striker. So do I, but Wes as a wing back or right midfield scares me a bit. Personally think we should use him as a striker. I think we are messing with is development by playing him all over the park.

so what position does Wes play?

this is what I mean, Wes sees himself as a striker. So do I, but Wes as a wing back or right midfield scares me a bit. Personally think we should use him as a striker. I think we are messing with is development by playing him all over the park.

I'm sure Wes sees himself as a striker, and that will become his permanent position, but he impressed as a winger last time we were in the Championship. He's got great acceleration and, despite what some say, as far as I'm concerned he can cross the ball very well.

His pace and workrate made him an ideal filler -in at wing back v. Sheff. Weds., and it can do him no harm to have more than one string to his bow, and occasionally see the game from a different viewpoint while he progresses. I very much doubt he will settle into that position, he's not a natural defender and anyway he'd be wasted there. He's a goalscorer and his future is up front. Right midfield? No, I can't see that.

I'd give Was a run of games alongside Kodjia, he could be exactly the surprise package we need, and in present circumstances I honestly don't see any reason to delay.

Archived