IGNORED

Non League Day - Yate Town

Yatetownfc

To help promote Non league Day and increase awareness of non league football Yate Town FC have reduced their price admission for their forthcoming home league match against Bashley this Saturday 10th October kick off 3pm.

Price Admission

Adults - £5

Concessionary - £3.50

Under 11's free

The clubhouse will be open from 12pm showing BT Sport and we look forward to welcoming you to Lodge Road, BS37 7LE

NON_LEAGUE_DAY_POSTER.jpg

RCan anyone explain what their logo is about? 

Yate_Town_F.C._(logo).jpg

It's the shield from the coat of arms of Yate. When football badges meant something...and made you feel proud.

Anyone remember the Esso football badges you could collect? I picked a mint set up on ebay....it's a thing of beauty ....same as the one below.

Yate_coat_of_arms.jpg

esso.jpg

Still got my Esso badges in the loft. Not in as good nick as that one though. Can`t remember if my last one was Coventry or Charlton - took ages to get it anyway.

I never collected them, but picked a complete one up, mint on ebay for about 15 quid...it's gorgeous in the hand. Very detailed.

Some of the football memorabilia from the 70's is such great quality.

Well.....I was going to come on to this forum to promote Yate Town's match and the whole Non-League Day promotion but see I've been beaten to it !!

Would love to see a good turnout of supporters who wouldn't normally giving a nonleague match a try....you might just be surprised at some of the quality on offer....bear in mind Tyrone Mings was playing at left back for Yate 3 yrs ago before going to Chippenham Town, then Ipswich Town and was then signed by Bournemouth AFC for £ 8 million.......yes, £8,000.000+

It's a nice atmosphere at Lodge Rd and there is BT Sports on in the bar, a couple of good pubs within 400mtrs of the ground which do good food......and free parking !!

We play in the Southern League S&West division.We are a bit of a 'Jekyl and Hide' side this season due to a large influx of new players, some of whom have Conference experience.

Come and give us a try......I guarantee you will enjoy your afternoon at Yate.

Btw the name 'Yate' is a corruption of Gate when Yate was at the entrance to 'The King's Wood' ( Kingswood!) where HRH went hunting. Hence the Gate on our coat of arms, the house -like boxes represent the new town built in the 60's and 70's and the four crystals, I think , represent the Celestite that was , for years mined in the area, one of only two places in the world where it was found.

Hopefuly see some of you on Saturday....Come On You Bluebells..!

Archived