IGNORED

Give al bad a chance

Coombsy

Well it would be good to call him by his name - El Abd.

I've cringed on here since we signed him seeing him called El (Al?!) Bad

Disrespectful and not amusing.

Anyway, that aside Coombsy (and it was by no means a dig at just you, loads of others on here picked up on the 'hilarious' mis-spelling of his surname) I agree with you.

He's on the bench, he's been out on loan, we are apparently paying him handsomely, we are bottom of the league,so why not try something different?

I agree because it isn't working at the moment...

Because we have not had a settled defence at all this season. We've shifted Fredericks/Little/Ayling at Rwb, any of Baker, Moore, Flint, Ayling and Williams at CB, and Joe or Williams (and I feel I'm missing someone) at lwb/lb. Add in to that mix two goalkeepers also  

A defence which plays together overwhelmingly does better. Stop the chopping and changing, find a settled back line and stick to it for as many games as you can reasonably give it (and I acknowledge we need fitness issues to be overcome). 

El Abd isn't the solution and personnel I don't think is the problem. The solution, for me, lies in some top notch conditioning work over the international break and I still see a big need for another cm. 

Contrary to some I haven't nailed colours to the El Abd isn't competent mast. But he's hardly played himself into a position whereby we would want to try him over the course of several games to see how the defence settles. 

Then you understand nothing dear boy . It was a form of respect and endearment why i called him El Bad . He came to us as a rough ,no nonsense ,they shall not pass defender ,i had very high hopes that he could reproduce his Brighton form and be a hero down at the gate .

It has n't worked out because of this nickname .

Even the mention of El-Bad is just another sad reminder of what an awful pickle we've got ourselves into.

Imagine back in May being told that this season El-Bad would of featured in our matchday squad 7 times in 11 games.

You'd have assumed we must of suffered some horrendous injury crisis. The fact he is still here and we haven't paid off most of his contract just to go is mind-boggling enough.

And I'm pretty sure he's not insulted by people calling him 'El-Bad'. Given he claps the fans in the Atyeo everytime they sing the muppets theme at him it would appear he has at least got a sense of humour.

Unfortunately there's nothing funny about the situation we find ourselves in at the moment.

I don't think he is the answer but had we only used two subs on Saturday it might have been worth a go to put him alongside Pack in injury time.

All academic and even though we apparently only had six fit subs on Saturday I very much doubt he'll ever feature for us again.

I don't think he is the answer but had we only used two subs on Saturday it might have been worth a go to put him alongside Pack in injury time.

All academic and even though we apparently only had six fit subs on Saturday I very much doubt he'll ever feature for us again.

3 subs. Williams, Robinson, agard

Even the mention of El-Bad is just another sad reminder of what an awful pickle we've got ourselves into.

Imagine back in May being told that this season El-Bad would of featured in our matchday squad 7 times in 11 games.

You'd have assumed we must of suffered some horrendous injury crisis. The fact he is still here and we haven't paid off most of his contract just to go is mind-boggling enough.

And I'm pretty sure he's not insulted by people calling him 'El-Bad'. Given he claps the fans in the Atyeo everytime they sing the muppets theme at him it would appear he has at least got a sense of humour.

Unfortunately there's nothing funny about the situation we find ourselves in at the moment.

Then clearly you have zero sense of humour.

Stranger things in football have worked so why not. no timber on this lad just well built maybe a little too much. Saw Terry Butcher and Russell Osman at a recent reserve match maybe Cotts could get them in for the Forest game, both out of work currently!

Where would he play? I can't see him replacing any of Ayling, Flint or Baker. That leaves left wingback or midfield. He might be a good fit in these positions, but it would be a risk. Possibly to come on as a defensive sub near the end, if City are winning by one goal, but that's it. 

If you look at the stats El Abd has probably played more games at championship level than most of the rest of our squad. Not saying that means he should be a first team regular but equally it seems strange that he can't contribute anything, especially given where we currently find ourselves. 

We need to make the best with what we have. If Wes gets a run this week and god not forbid gets one SC will have a hard time justifying not giving him a start. Kieron should have started a while ago and Wilbo as much as I like him should not have been made captain. Codger is clearly the first name on the sheet but Adam in  the back line will almost certainly be down to a crisis.  Rightly or wrongly. 

Archived