IGNORED

So now we know .

Major Isewater

Cotts has bought in ' winger ' Bennett as compétition for Wing back , Little.

He  is  bravely  persisting with 3-5-2 Can Bennett fulfill the role ? Has he , successfully played it before ?

A lot was hinging on Little's return but having suffered a shoulder injury myself i know it is a very complicated joint and even though i am older than him  it took me a year to  recover.

I can only imagine the discomfort that Little is suffering and on top of the pain being asked to go out and play 2 games a week in front of thousands of critics.

A malicious side effect is that shoulder problems make sleeping difficult. It's nearly impossible  to get comfortable enough to go to sleep and then if by chance you drop off on turning over in your sleep you disturb the joint and the pain wakes you up .

So cut the guy some slack and hope to Bob that Bennett adapts quickly to the role.

I would prefer to say that Little has been playing in front of thousands of supporters !

I don't say that our supporters are negative just that Little knows that every time he crosses that white line, fit or not, his performance is analysed by thousands of people , fans, staff , other players alike.

Like every professional sports person their career is on the line every time they play. If they are not fully fit that just adds to the stress which in turn does n't help the performance .It's a vicious circle and the stakes are high.

He  is  bravely  persisting with 3-5-2 Can Bennett fulfill the role ? Has he , successfully played it before ?

Brave indeed, he's keeping to his principles, and I for one am glad to hear it

What do we want exactly, more negative football and a few years of tedious struggle before inevitable relegation, or Bristol City under SC having the balls to persevere with something different this time, a determination to establish the club in the Championship through expansive, attacking football and taking the game to our opponents?

Positivity and entertainment, or mind numbing, struggling, ground emptying turgidity in the name of survival at all costs?

I've had my fill of witnessing years of unadventurous football killing off the enthusiasm of the fans.

It will never be relegation with barely a whimper under this manager - go for it Cotts., if we're to go down again let's go down fighting like hell to get the 3 points in every game.

If it has to be one or the other I'd far rather go straight down in a blaze of glory trying to be positive than watch City flounder hopelessly for 2-3 years before the inevitable, and who knows, if we keep our nerve there's still every chance this time we'll make our mark in this league with a style of football City fans can be proud of.

Having suffered a shoulder injury myself i know it is a very complicated joint and even though i am older than him  it took me a year to  recover.

I say Major. I can empathise with a wrist injury,  happens to me all the time, but your shoulder!?! Wow.

A lot was hinging on Little's return but having suffered a shoulder injury myself i know it is a very complicated joint and even though i am older than him  it took me a year to  recover.

I can only imagine the discomfort that Little is suffering and on top of the pain being asked to go out and play 2 games a week in front of thousands of critics.

A malicious side effect is that shoulder problems make sleeping difficult. It's nearly impossible  to get comfortable enough to go to sleep and then if by chance you drop off on turning over in your sleep you disturb the joint and the pain wakes you up .

So cut the guy some slack and hope to Bob that Bennett adapts quickly to the role.

I said on the 'Bennett' thread that he was brought in to play in Little's role...and that SC we won't be changing from 352....all this formation change talk, has been by fans hoping he would....and it has just snowballed.

As myself and other have said, he has played full back and wing back at former clubs....Norwich and Brighton.

Has Bennett ever played wing back? I thought he was an out and out winger? Are we back to square pegs in round holes again? 

I'd imagine Korey and Ayling will be tasked with keeping a close eye on that flank.

Now you've put the question I do think Cotts has seemingly got an eye for players' potential in other positions. Wes looks like he could develop quite handily into a wing back if that's the ultimate aim, Freeman was converted to CAM, Ayling from a more accomplished RB to solid CB, Little to RWB, Joe to LWB and I seem to recall suggestions Agard was more of a wide man than a conventional striker. I'm quite willing to be patient then if SC thinks Bennett can do it... Might take time though 

I'd imagine Korey and Ayling will be tasked with keeping a close eye on that flank.

Now you've put the question I do think Cotts has seemingly got an eye for players' potential in other positions. Wes looks like he could develop quite handily into a wing back if that's the ultimate aim, Freeman was converted to CAM, Ayling from a more accomplished RB to solid CB, Little to RWB, Joe to LWB and I seem to recall suggestions Agard was more of a wide man than a conventional striker. I'm quite willing to be patient then if SC thinks Bennett can do it... Might take time though 

Yes it all just seems a bit odd. Propping up the table and signing players on loan to then play them in a position they've never played and hope they're good at it. 

Its either genius or mental and I think it's a pretty fine line between them! Is Tamas Vasko still available to be used as a late striker?

we have previous on this going back several managers.

Maierhoffer in sticks was genius.

Luv this forum....you write something as Major has, and everyone starts believing it....BENNETT HAS PLAYED RB AND WING BACK AT FORMER CLUBS....LOUD ENOUGH? :facepalm:

The question is then, was he any good when he played these roles at Norwich and Brighton?

And what about Little?  When fully fit, is he good enough for this level?

we have previous on this going back several managers.

Maierhoffer in sticks was genius.

Absolutely right we do, but my point is (putting aside Spudski's clarification) thus far SCs previous shows that we are perhaps being unfair to doubt his ability to judge a player's potential in a role which may not have been identified by previous managers or utilised in the past. He's transitioned several players to the point that they are naturals in a new position/role and quite seamlessly.

Cant understand all this worrying about if someone can play here or can play there,when I played, I played right wing for many many years but when the 'Deep Heat' wouldnt work as well, I was put to right back by my manager and loved it. From rushing all the time in the opponents half , I now had more time to watch what was going on and 'trip 'up the younger little sh** trying to get by me !!!!!! A footballer is a footballer and should be able to fit into a few positions, especially in today's 'tactical' game. In the old days, Aden Flint certainly wouldnt have scored as many as he did last year as that was the job for the Inside Forwards and Centre Forward :ill:

Archived