IGNORED

Louis Carey, Shaun Taylor, Mark Shail,

reddogkev

Not so long ago, these guys, at some stage, played together in the heart of the city defence (obviously Carey and Taylor were rocks).

Anyone know what they're up to now?

Haven't heard much of Carey lately, but I imagine that Shaun Taylor must be a coach somewhere in the country - but what about good old Mark Shail?

On the same sort of topic, is Rob Edwards still managing anywhere?

Some fascinating info there, might stumble into this Princess Motto and share a drink with Shail.  For some reason, he was one of my favourite players when I was about fifteen.

My dad saw him once in Broadmead, wanted to say hello, but choked under the pressure and couldn't even say a word to the man.

Last time I heard about Shaun Taylor he was assistant manager at Torquay when Hargreaves was there.

Lost his job there a while ago, expect he went back to painting and decorating as pretty sure he did this before his football career.

Lived in Long Ashton the last I heard.

I always remember Shail as being up his own arse. He and Keith Welch were the only two players whose autograph my lad never got despite really trying to get them. 

Whilst understand that Welsh probably couldn't sign in joined up writing, there was no excuse for Shail. 

Lost his job there a while ago, expect he went back to painting and decorating as pretty sure he did this before his football career.

Lived in Long Ashton the last I heard.

He`s a Bideford boy so thought he might have ended up back in North Devon. Always made me chuckle when he was interviewed. For a beast of a man on the pitch he had a really high voice and never lost his really broad Devon accent. It just didn`t fit somehow.

I always remember Shail as being up his own arse. He and Keith Welch were the only two players whose autograph my lad never got despite really trying to get them. 

Whilst understand that Welsh probably couldn't sign in joined up writing, there was no excuse for Shail. 

now look here, I'm not having that. 

I bet you couldn't sign in joined up writing with bloody great goalie gloves on either .

Not so long ago, these guys, at some stage, played together in the heart of the city defence (obviously Carey and Taylor were rocks).

Anyone know what they're up to now?

Haven't heard much of Carey lately, but I imagine that Shaun Taylor must be a coach somewhere in the country - but what about good old Mark Shail?

On the same sort of topic, is Rob Edwards still managing anywhere?

Rob Edwards was manager of Tranmere for four and a half months in 2014 - which included the close season - then he was assistant to Paul Buckle at Cheltenham from December 2014 to February 2015....not exactly a sparkling managerial CV yet, his win ratio at Tranmere was 14%, or just two wins....

Lots of people on the forum seem to see ex City players all the time. The last time I saw a City player away from the ground was in the 60s when I saw Jantzen Derrick in a pub in the market (off Corn Street). I obviously lead a sheltered life. 

Lots of people on the forum seem to see ex City players all the time. The last time I saw a City player away from the ground was in the 60s when I saw Jantzen Derrick in a pub in the market (off Corn Street). I obviously lead a sheltered life. 

Yep, I have never ever seen a former city player anywhere - often wondered where they all go once they leave us, obviously not Stockwood.

I don't blame Welch for not signing, he probably knew you'd slag him off years later

As for Shail, from the people I know that have met him I'd have to agree with your view of him. Other peoples word though

I remember Mark Shail as an ok bloke. Spent a lot of time with my boys when they were mascots and ensured they enjoyed their time on the pitch.

He`s a Bideford boy so thought he might have ended up back in North Devon. Always made me chuckle when he was interviewed. For a beast of a man on the pitch he had a really high voice and never lost his really broad Devon accent. It just didn`t fit somehow.

He was born in Plymouth but did play for Holsworthy and Bideford in North Devon. I think he started on the left of midfield when he first played for Holsworthy before becoming a centre back.

now look here, I'm not having that. 

I bet you couldn't sign in joined up writing with bloody great goalie gloves on either .

You deserve a prize for managing to get "great goalie" and 'Keith Welch' in the same sentence without including the word not. It would have taken me years to think of that.

He was born in Plymouth but did play for Holsworthy and Bideford in North Devon. I think he started on the left of midfield when he first played for Holsworthy before becoming a centre back.

Didn`t know that. I always thought he was North Devon born & bred. He`s a real local hero to Bideford Town and obviously still has a soft spot for them as he often does their presentation nights and such. Never knew he played for Holsworthy though - he must have shone out there!

Yep, I have never ever seen a former city player anywhere - often wondered where they all go once they leave us, obviously not Stockwood.

funny you should say that Kev.I saw Mark Shail in Horseworld several years back.Also saw Steve Phillips there while he was signed to the Gas.Not at the same time though.

Archived