IGNORED

Say what you will about Ollie..

TheCulturalBomb

As much as people dislike him for his Rovers affiliation among other things, he certainly rates us. On the first day of the season he had us to beat Wednesday saying we would be up and around the play-offs. And even though our season has been poor so far, on tonight's game he has predicted us to beat Forest 2-0 saying

"I don't think Bristol City will be bottom of the league for long. When you access stats in their matches, they don't deserve to be where they are. A decent win this weekend in front of the cameras could get their season rolling" 

COYR. 

I ******* hate the *****
I hate his ******* face
I hate his ******* voice
I find nothing about this **** stain funny, amusing, or educational

He can **** off. The ******* rat faced****

I got asked by an armchair Man U fan in the office about him.

Amazingly enough the response they got was pretty much  word for word what you just said, with an added "horse punching mother******, gypsy****, son of a ******* hore "  at the end.

They just don't get it up here. To them he is the weird bloke who was on Match of the Day for Blackpool talking bollocks and generally loved by the media.

I like him.  I said something bad in the 90's too. Get over it.

Maybe I'm weird, but seeing grown men get so upset because someone said something mean about his football club is amazingly sad.  

He was, and no doubt still is, gas through and through. I'm not upset about it, just don't particularly like what he was and what he stands for.

It's only banter anyway. Wtgr, you're taking this far too seriously.

Anyone who despises BCFC, ....so what.

When it comes to the man, the person, his family life etc, he (and many others we 'hate') are normally as good/nice as the rest of us.

Given what he's been through I am happy to cut the man a lot of slack (not necessarily relevant, I agree) and, while I am happy to give him some edgy, noisy banter, he loves his football club as we do.

I've a few more serious things to get really upset about.

To be fair to old Hollowhead, he does nothing but praise us these days.

I never thought I'd change my opinion on this man - especially considering that I am old enough to remember his City hating days all too well - but he comes across as a genuinely decent sort these days who does nothing to provoke City fans.

Maybe him being away from the City has softened his dislike of us? I'm sure it will always be there, just like my serious dislike of the deluded ones north of the river will never leave me, but he has clearly mellowed with age.

I have to say that he is to be admired for the way that he has moved through his life without  ever mentioning his three deaf daughters in anything other than a positive light, never as an excuse, and also that his wife battled cancer whilst he managed in the pressure-cooker of the Premier League.

It feels very strange that I should be writing anything less than vitriol towards Holloway, but it just doesn't feel right anymore.

He can pay lip service all he damn well wants we all ought to be cynical that there are other agendas at play here.

You don't go slagging off a Championship club to appease the fans of an at-this-time-last-season non-league club. That's just plain simple.

You might also want to appear as neutral as possible. Obviously if you were interviewing at a club when you once managed a rival of course you'd bring along a cut out of said interview 'see.... I can be impartial'.

He's Rovers through and through and I don't believe for one minute he has any positive feelings for us. As a 30 year old he didn't and I don't think that age is junior enough to say he has mellowed so much over time.

My problem with Holloway however is not so much his Rovers affiliation, not so much what I still believe is a dislike towards this club, it is that I think he represents this fine city very badly. He lives up to the buffoon, plays off the Bristolian link and he only serves to compound the 'Country Bumpkin' sterotype. He might be successful, he might be Bristolian, but I think he also acts up as inarticulate as possible because 'characters' sell. That's quite calculated and clever, I'll give him that, but putting Bristol on the map in a positive way, does he [....!]

Archived