IGNORED

New Williams top tier

When we were in the top tier at Newcastle in our last spell in the Championship I felt quite detached from the action because we were so far away from the pitch. The new stand isn't quite on that scale, but I prefer to be a bit closer to the pitch. No doubt I'll still try it out at some point, though.

I'd be really surprised if the club does not let anyone buy a season ticket in this tier.

Restrict sales in some areas for the reasons people have stated, but why leave such a great view to 'big games' or for overflow?

Uncle TFR

I'd be really surprised if the club does not let anyone buy a season ticket in this tier.

Restrict sales in some areas for the reasons people have stated, but why leave such a great view to 'big games' or for overflow?

extra stewards extra expense for the club, I maybe making this bit up but I'm sure the club said the top tier would be shut if it wasn't required

Think I heard this as well. It does make sense financially and think this what the club will do depending on what league we`re in I guess.

Also am I right in saying the new Williams will have a 12,000 capacity? If it has, that means we will have one stand with a bigger capacity than the entire ground of any other west country club bar Plymouth. Makes you think don`t it?

because If you spread people out then the atmosphere will be worse

I agree - to an extent. But having invested, and given us the stadium we deserve, we have to hope the attendances are going up. Most clubs who have improved their grounds have found this.

If we stay up (which we *****g well should), we should go from 15/16,000 this year to at least 17/18,000 next year.

Why spend all this money, and then close parts of the ground down??

Surely we did not extend the ground to be used only if we draw Man U in the cup?

More season tickets = more investment in the squad = success.

No more 'little Bristol' thinking.

Uncle TFR

The front row of the top tier will be some fantastic view (unless the railing is too high!)

good call. It will also have the added benefit fans can fling themselves off it to their deaths at moments like when MK equalise in the 95th minute.

I have put my application in to my personal account manager.

I hope to be sat at about the same level I did when in the 'Old' Williams.. just to the right of Marina in the Directors box, had to constantly remind her 10 mins before half time to go and put the Tea Urn on and defrost the prawns. Once sat at the top of the West Stand at Elland Road and apart from needing Oxygen when I got there, the players looked like ants and I didnt enjoy being up so high so when the ST's go on sale hope we can get a look first before we finally decide our seats. Will then enjoy watching the never ending stream of people in the Dolman going up and down the steps during the game, looking like a load of ants !!!

Why are some folk comparing the new stand with Barcelona / Leeds etc??

The New Williams is modest compared with these places.

If you want to be REALLY close to the action, you can stand on the touchline at Weston.

If we want to establish ourselves, this time, in the Championship, we need to get more people into the Gate. It's relatively easy to be 'nice and cosy' in a little ground in League 1 or 2.

Careful what you wish for??

Uncle TFR

I agree - to an extent. But having invested, and given us the stadium we deserve, we have to hope the attendances are going up. Most clubs who have improved their grounds have found this.

If we stay up (which we *****g well should), we should go from 15/16,000 this year to at least 17/18,000 next year.

Why spend all this money, and then close parts of the ground down??

Surely we did not extend the ground to be used only if we draw Man U in the cup?

More season tickets = more investment in the squad = success.

No more 'little Bristol' thinking.

Uncle TFR

If our average went up to 18,000, there would still be 3,000 empty seats in the lower sector if you will. Why spend more money on policing and stewarding and opening kiosks for bits of the ground that are not needed. The ground redevelopment was mainly for more corporate facilities and modernise the experience, not so much for capacity as 45 million for 6,000 extra seats is hardly the best deal on its own. Although the extra 6000 may/will come in useful if we make the top flight.

Jungle, your favourite nephew

Is anyone else dreading when the new ground is complete? It will looking great yes but it will be half empty week in week out, I hope I'm wrong but can see it being very soulless, unless we are at top half of championship can't see us getting more then 15k max which means 11k empty seats :-/

Currently 15k ish whilst near the bottom of the league and difficult to buy pay on the day tickets. If we're mid table, and it's easy to turn up and just buy a ticket with a good view, then 18k should be realistic.  If the top tier of the Williams is closed, then there should still be a good atmosphere in the rest of the ground  

Archived