IGNORED

Cotterill Interview tonight

MarcusX

Well, after a lot of the things said on here, I feel a lot more confident in Cotts after some of the things he said.

He was asked about tactics, and if he considered changing from 3-5-2. As he rightly pointed out, 3-5-2 is a formation not a tactic. Although he said he had considered changing things but was concerned about Kodjia being new to the English game and possibly ending up isolated, and also the centre backs not being able to advance with the ball like Ayling clearly loves to do.

He said Wilbs has been instrumental in helping Kodjia settle in, presumably on the pitch as much as off it. So if getting the best of Kodjia means playing him along side Wilbs (even though he looks like a passenger) then i guess we have to trust Cotts on that one that it will come good in the end.

He did say that he had considered dropping Wilbs, and also Freeman but Freeman's efforts on the training ground this week made him stick with him - great choice as Freeman was class tonight.

He also said that Kodjia is settling well and is a great guy as well as looking to be a great player. They'd been watching him for 12 months and was a well thought out purchase. THat is encouraging for anyone who doubts our scouting network.

I'll admit i havent been to any games yet, and i've seen this tonight on Sky, and the beamback of the Leeds game, but I really dont see any need for panic at the moment. I honestly cannot see why anyone would be calling for Cotts' head this early on.

Well, after a lot of the things said on here, I feel a lot more confident in Cotts after some of the things he said.

He was asked about tactics, and if he considered changing from 3-5-2. As he rightly pointed out, 3-5-2 is a formation not a tactic. Although he said he had considered changing things but was concerned about Kodjia being new to the English game and possibly ending up isolated, and also the centre backs not being able to advance with the ball like Ayling clearly loves to do.

He said Wilbs has been instrumental in helping Kodjia settle in, presumably on the pitch as much as off it. So if getting the best of Kodjia means playing him along side Wilbs (even though he looks like a passenger) then i guess we have to trust Cotts on that one that it will come good in the end.

He did say that he had considered dropping Wilbs, and also Freeman but Freeman's efforts on the training ground this week made him stick with him - great choice as Freeman was class tonight.

He also said that Kodjia is settling well and is a great guy as well as looking to be a great player. They'd been watching him for 12 months and was a well thought out purchase. THat is encouraging for anyone who doubts our scouting network.

I'll admit i havent been to any games yet, and i've seen this tonight on Sky, and the beamback of the Leeds game, but I really dont see any need for panic at the moment. I honestly cannot see why anyone would be calling for Cotts' head this early on.

Like tonight perhaps?.

There's never been any reason to "panic" although too many City already have.

I, like others had seen plenty of City this season at AG to realise that all City needed was that element of "running" or as SC put it " luck".

Tonight City had an element of "luck" in as much that Forest were heavily hit by injuries.....but that, said City should have run out winners by probably 4 or 5 but for De Vries who pulled off at least three top saves.

At 2-0 the next goal could have been crucial but luckily it never came.

Great result and more crucially, three points.

I enjoyed Cotts' interview tonight, especially the anecdote about the guide dog. Having said that, although I appreciate many might find him grating when we lose I always think his interviews are generally pretty good because he wears his heart on his sleeve and has some charisma.

I enjoyed Cotts' interview tonight, especially the anecdote about the guide dog. Having said that, although I appreciate many might find him grating when we lose I always think his interviews are generally pretty good because he wears his heart on his sleeve and has some charisma.

I believe his wife gave him a set of cufflinks with this design.

Archived