IGNORED

Korey Smith

petehinton

Too true, absolutely brilliant last night, well supported by a host of good performances (Baker, Flint, Bennett, Pack and the front two).

Have to say though I was gobsmacked by Freeman getting MoM, he looked to be running in treacle after an hour and again got caught in possession too often. Great to see Bobby Reid get on, one sublime bit of skill should have resulted in another assist, he must be pushing for a start..

His presence is about alot more than what HE does IMHO. When Korey plays, Luke Freeman looks very good. He appears to have the licence to be more attack minded, knowing Korey will be there behind him if things break down.

Korey is very, very important to what City do.

Pushing it.

I don't think so. So composed on the ball I could see him making the transition seamlessly. I know you can't fully judge on one cup game but I recall him being the best midfielder on the pitch vs West Ham last year.

I thought last night that the midfield looked as good as any game this season. With Korey & Marlon doing the holding/defensive bit Luke Freeman had a virtually free role and he was able to come back, collect the ball, and then do what he wanted with it. Apart from a couple of ten minute periods where Forest took control of midfield for a bit it seemed to work really well.

Seen him play a lot before he joined us and him along with Ayling were two players I liked. 

Personally think Korey is the best signing we have made in recent history (5-10 years) tireless worker and fantastic talent on the ball rarely gives it away and always wins it back. He would be someone I'd be looking to tie down for the next 5 years or so. 

Absolutely IMMENSE. You could HEAR the tackles he put in...for the older folk on here some of the challenges reminded me of the legend that is Gerry Gow.....

I thought Freeman LOOKED just like GG with his hair and the spell in the first half when he did three tackles off the reel. I thought I'd just slipped through a time warp !

I thought Freeman LOOKED just like GG with his hair and the spell in the first half when he did three tackles off the reel. I thought I'd just slipped through a time warp !

You have slipped through a time warp, destined to repeat exactly the same comment at 4 hour intervals!

Simply immense. Has the makings of becoming a Gow-like AG legend. 

Hats off also to Flint, Baker, Pack, Fielding and Freeman.

That first 20 minutes was awesome. if we can play with that level of energy, accuracy, imagination and skill for the full 90 we would be unbeatable. Big 'if' though and, the slightly worrying side is that we slid a bit back into our shells for the last 70 minutes, eventually got nervy and increasingly gave away possession to easily and cheaply. Last 20 minutes, the 'out balls' from defence comprised mainly of hoofing it - we can't do that in this league! 

Spot on for us older ones who lurks here.  have not heard many renditions of

'Hes here, he's there, he's every Fooking where, Korey Smith, Korey Smith', 

It should be bellowing out around the ground, just like the 70's with Gerry Gow :thumbsup:

I think he was probably seen as the lowest profile of last season`s signings with a lot of people saying `who?` when we swapped him for Liam Kelly. As it`s turned out he`s probably the best bit of business we did with the possible exception of Freeman or Wilbs.

I think that award most definitely goes to Wilbraham. I seem to remember a fair bit of expectation around him, ex Norwich, current captain at a team overperforming and very good reviews from Oldham fans and LJ at the time. 

It can't have been GG, the other players got up!

There will only ever be one Gerry Gow.

I just thought of a good song for Korey Smith................

It's based on the best football song ever written: 'Word in Motion' by New Order.

At the end it goes.......'We're singing for England....ENG GER LAND!

We're singing the song.

We're singing for England....ENG GER LAND

Arrivederci it's one on one.

So for Korey it goes.......

We're singing for Korey........KOREY SMITH

We're singing the song.

We're singing for Korey.......KOREY SMITH

Arrivederci it's one on one.

Archived