IGNORED

Korey Smith

petehinton

Cant believe I didn't open up the forum to see multiple posts about him. Absolutely unbelievable tonight. My MOTM by a mile and some of the tackles he made in and around our box second half were phenomenal. 

In today's football it's a pleasure to see someone play with so much effort and passion for their club. 

you reds 

Wouldnt be one that I would single out for individual praise tonight, not that he did anything much wrong. Thought Baker and Flint were the stand outs though it was an excellent team performance. 

I agree it was a great team performance and everybody played a part, Ayling played his part in defence as well and Frankie looked so assured.

Thinking about it, Korey is one of those players that 99% of the time does everything well, and keeps things simple. For that reason I think it's easy to overlook his contribution as you just get used to him doing his job effectively and with no fuss. The sort of player that you notice how good he is when he's not there more so than when he is. 

I agree it was a great team performance and everybody played a part, Ayling played his part in defence as well and Frankie looked so assured.

Ayling back to his best tonight. Hope Cotts now realises where he does his best work. and no more faffing around with him at wing back.

Ayling back to his best tonight. Hope Cotts now realises where he does his best work. and no more faffing around with him at wing back.

Completely agree - good to see Ayling looking like the player we enjoyed watching last season.

Korey Smith was immense. It's great to see one of our midfielders putting in crunching tackles.

You can give your MOM to anyone tonight. My vote would probably be Korey or maybe even Marlon Pack. The football we played tonight was so good. We didn't over dribble. Quick and simple passes and we sliced them open. They were quite short handed but still probably a better team than MK Dons. The difference was Korey IMO. 

Simply immense. Has the makings of becoming a Gow-like AG legend. 

Hats off also to Flint, Baker, Pack, Fielding and Freeman.

That first 20 minutes was awesome. if we can play with that level of energy, accuracy, imagination and skill for the full 90 we would be unbeatable. Big 'if' though and, the slightly worrying side is that we slid a bit back into our shells for the last 70 minutes, eventually got nervy and increasingly gave away possession to easily and cheaply. Last 20 minutes, the 'out balls' from defence comprised mainly of hoofing it - we can't do that in this league! 

You can give your MOM to anyone tonight. My vote would probably be Korey or maybe even Marlon Pack. The football we played tonight was so good. We didn't over dribble. Quick and simple passes and we sliced them open. They were quite short handed but still probably a better team than MK Dons. The difference was Korey IMO. 

sorry but how can pack even come close to man of the match? Kept giving it away in the 2nd half. Korey is on a different planet to pack. Our best player pretty much every game.

sorry but how can pack even come close to man of the match? Kept giving it away in the 2nd half. Korey is on a different planet to pack. Our best player pretty much every game.

It was probably alcohol talking a bit. Korey was my MOM. Was impressed with Pack last night though. He wasn't his usual self and that was good. He did his normal work in the air but also kept it simple and made short passes and didn't over dribble. He's got his flaw but if that's the Pack we get every week, we are ok. 

It was probably alcohol talking a bit. Korey was my MOM. Was impressed with Pack last night though. He wasn't his usual self and that was good. He did his normal work in the air but also kept it simple and made short passes and didn't over dribble. He's got his flaw but if that's the Pack we get every week, we are ok. 

i have to say I disagree. Best first half of the season from pack but he was as bad as he has been this season in the 2nd. Puts our defence in so many problems, this is one of the reasons why we look so shaky at times when leading.

The tackle late in the 2nd half really did echo around the ground! He's an incredible player and mops up everything, keeps it simple and protects the back line. No coincidence that his presence in the team resulted in Freeman playing amazing and Pack stepping up. Midfield trio were awesome last night and if they can keep that form up, along with Flint and Baker looking solid, we'll be alright.

i have to say I disagree. Best first half of the season from pack but he was as bad as he has been this season in the 2nd. Puts our defence in so many problems, this is one of the reasons why we look so shaky at times when leading.

I don't really recall many wayward passes from him at all. Not saying it didn't happen. Think we were taking more pressure in the second half and didn't have much of an outlet. Would make anyone's job tougher. He's not perfect but was better tonight and it gives me hope if it was only a good 1st half. Plus just wanted to give him some credit because he's been the scapegoat all season by many(including me) and he did well tonight IMO. 

Pack is ,IMHO, the 'weak link ' in the team.

He is a trier and gives 100% but does anyone believe that he'll score when he takes a free kick ? His crossfield balls are a bit too obvious and not always accurate .

I don't say that he is a bad player ,far from it ,just that he does look like the one who has struggled the most to make the step up.

If he clicks ,by Bob we will have a fantastic midfielder ,here's hoping as i really respect the guy .

Archived