IGNORED

Why won't James McClean just.....

BS4 on Tour...

To echo the sentiments of some others on here I find it incredible that adults such as the Sunderland supporters and players should get so upset about a human being they have been dishing out vile abuse to for 90 mins suddenly turning on them by celebrating his joy in front of them. These adults obviously have never lost a close friend of relative in a war or had their home reduced to rubble by a crack squad of German demolition experts. Maybe had they done so they might realise how pathetic it is to get so upset at someone they've insulted for a whole match returning some of it in their direction.

Years ago when I was growing up there used to be so many wise sayings that if one took heed of assisted one's development. One that applies to this would be that those who live in glass houses should never throw stones.

Funnily enough I just watched the video and was surprised to see what a non event it was, compared to the outrage being generated on the Internet.

Like Pulis has said, the guy isn't very bright, and probably doesn't give much strategic thinking to his public decisions.

Lets be honest, let's say we sign Cox, and next season after 90 minutes of abuse from Reading fans he does the same thing, OTIB would be branding him a hero.

Ive never really understood the hypocrisy from football fans when it comes to "banter". If it's anything other than one way it's suddenly "bang out of order". It's one step below the utter nonsense of reporting opposition players to the police.

....calm down and grow up?!

He defects from Northern Ireland (having played for their U21s) to play for the Republic, upsetting alot of people.

He refuses to wear a poppy on his football shirt (to honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice) in the country where he earns his living, despite the fact that over 49,000 Irish people died in WWI serving in the armed forces. Upsetting alot of people.

And now today he celebrates West Brom's 'momentous' victory over his 'mighty' ex club Sunderland by jumping up and down in front of the Sunderland fans and generally acting like a provocative 'person' for want of another more emotive word. Upsetting alot of people.

The guy needs to just realise that as a pro footballer he is in the spotlight, why can't he just grow up and act responsibly?

Have you calmed down now?

I've never quite understood the outrage of him not wearing a poppy. Its his right, he shouldn't be forced to wear one. I wonder if we had them on shirts in the 70/80s at the highest of IRA tensions if we'd see more Irish national footballers doing the same. 

I've never quite understood the outrage of him not wearing a poppy. Its his right, he shouldn't be forced to wear one. I wonder if we had them on shirts in the 70/80s at the highest of IRA tensions if we'd see more Irish national footballers doing the same. 

I can't remember it being an issue to be honest, I can't imagine any Catholic/Nationalist player from the North of Ireland wearing a poppy at that time it would have been far too risky for himself and his family, even today it would not go down well

Well I think the reason he is singled out for abuse is because he HAS offended people and whether they should take offence at his actions is up for debate, but he does seem to bring it upon himself.

For example why did he need to disrespect our National Anthem on WBA's pre season tour: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3167564/Republic-Ireland-international-James-McClean-sparks-anger-turning-British-national-anthem-West-Bromwich-Albion-s-pre-season-tour.html

Why can't he just stand still for a couple of minutes and not use his public persona to cause unnecessary angst? It seems the WBA fans even turned on him for that...

It's probably becuase the national antmem is a sh1te dirge.

Archived