IGNORED

Mark Cooper Gone

brizzlelou

Swindoom & gloom ... all swines and roundabouts. 

(if Lee Powers was Austin they'd stand a better chance) 

Do you know anything about Swindon, and it's history at all?

I do .

I have lived there and worked there, and yet all you can quote is the usual roundabout and swine jibes. 

Have you ever moved, lived anywhere from where you were born? I ask because it does sound that you haven't.

For the record Mark Cooper is a good manager, best off from that a Power clot.

Do you know anything about Swindon, and it's history at all?

I do .

I have lived there and worked there, and yet all you can quote is the usual roundabout and swine jibes. 

Have you ever moved, lived anywhere from where you were born? I ask because it does sound that you haven't.

For the record Mark Cooper is a good manager, best off from that Power clot.

Lee Powers the chairman who screwed me.

Groovy baby.

Cooper did a good job in general but it was obvious that with players leaving the club and it's tangled finances, this season was always going to be a tough act to follow, he maybe a good manager, I don't know or care, but lasts seasons 'dark arts' policy was a disgrace to the game IMO.

A team plays in the image of it's manager, and by his direction.

Last season's constant shenanigans by his Swindon team told us all we need to know about Mark Cooper.

I can't believe the numbers on here suddenly singing MCs praises. Last year it was clear that the team's tactics were to dive whenever possible, get opponents booked or sent off. It was so systemic it must have come from the manager, not individual players.

I'd give Evans three months max before he walks or gets the boot. 

It must be one of the least attractive jobs in football. Temporary success always built upon gambles in the loan market on youth players. There's nothing consistent about them and little chance to work with players for much more than a year before they are sold or return to parent club. 

And that's before any concerns you might have about their solvency. 

I'd give Evans three months max before he walks or gets the boot. 

It must be one of the least attractive jobs in football. Temporary success always built upon gambles in the loan market on youth players. There's nothing consistent about them and little chance to work with players for much more than a year before they are sold or return to parent club. 

And that's before any concerns you might have about their solvency. 

indeed, a crumbling stadium, dodgy finances, mad owner, what's not to like?.

Steve Evans may well be a good appointment. Been pretty successful.

Not many out of work managers with such a good recent record about at the moment.

fairly successful with money to burn. 

Told some numbskull Swindon supporter on here earlier this season that I fancied them as relegation contenders and had them sneer at me that they'd started well.

Thing is; being run by a nutcase with an ever shrinking budget isn't a sustainable model, and like Cooper or not, he worked a minor miracle getting them to the playoff final last year.

As others have mentioned; must be on of the least attractive gigs in football just now - God help whoever takes the leap into the hot seat.

Yes very tough job as people have said. Cooper was expected to do better with less this season. They've had a couple of seasons flirting in or around the playoffs so now he is sacked for failing to delivery this time.

Doesn't seem so long ago he was being touted as the next big thing. He was too good for Swindon, but saying that how he let his players behave didn't reflect favourably on him as far as I'm concerned.

Told some numbskull Swindon supporter on here earlier this season that I fancied them as relegation contenders and had them sneer at me that they'd started well.

Thing is; being run by a nutcase with an ever shrinking budget isn't a sustainable model, and like Cooper or not, he worked a minor miracle getting them to the playoff final last year.

As others have mentioned; must be on of the least attractive gigs in football just now - God help whoever takes the leap into the hot seat.

Cant even have a normal conversation about Football with most of them as they start harping on about our wage budget. Most of their fans have really delusional expectations.

They really are a shit club. 

Archived