IGNORED

Fair play.............

Roger Red Hat

I have no idea why but I really don't like Giggs, but I got to say I'm very happy to read this story. The homeless man sounds like all he needs his a helping hand and I'm glad they have seen this and helped him. Wouldn't it be great if what he intends takes off in a big way and so many more people are helped, just because 2 footballers had a bit of feeling.

I have no idea why but I really don't like Giggs, but I got to say I'm very happy to read this story. The homeless man sounds like all he needs his a helping hand and I'm glad they have seen this and helped him. Wouldn't it be great if what he intends takes off in a big way and so many more people are helped, just because 2 footballers had a bit of feeling.

Actually don't mind Neville, Giggs on the other hand is scum.

Gary Nevilles autobiography a great read

As you might expect he's passionate, honest, humble and totally him - a interesting and enjoyable read 

Reccommend it 

Yeah very decent, the similarities between his and Gerrard's attitudes in their respective books are noticeable! I think Gerrard is less biased in his but both very decent reads, and both very decent guys.

Gary Nevilles autobiography a great read

As you might expect he's passionate, honest, humble and totally him - a interesting and enjoyable read 

Reccommend it 

My friends used to call me crazy when I was in my teens and said I idolised Gary Neville !

Was a great professional and seems a decent human being too. Fair play. 

My friends used to call me crazy when I was in my teens and said I idolised Gary Neville !

Was a great professional and seems a decent human being too. Fair play. 

Agree 86 - don't like Manchester United but always admire Neville - he's my type of footballer - squeezed the best out of limited ability (as he says himself) and succeeded with desire, passion and lots and lots of hard work

Love the fact that he explained his new contract talks took about 10 mins and he never had a clue what Beckham, Scholes or Giggs were on as he states 'Hopefully a lot more than me because they were far better players' 

Nevilles got a refreshing attitude , or we could say an old fashioned one with regards to the game

Not a Liverpool fan either but Gerrard epitomises what a good pro means for me - great admiration for him

Add Lampard and you have three of the best pros. I've ever seen - not necessarily the worlds greatest, although all great players, but three fantastic pros and role models for me

take one event that is nobody's business and form an opinion on someone, why don't you. 

what about all of the charity work he has done?  Or what he is done for these squatters.  Do those acts make him scum too?

I'm completely with you on this one in that who are we to judge exactly what went on or the circumstances when based on The Sun etc? 

Scum is too strong a term for me.

Ok how about vile human being?

Whatever term floats your boat, Super.

No one bats an eyelid when we call Swindon scum for pretending to be injured or celebrating winning a football match, but have an affair with your own family members spouse and it's all bleeding hearts! 

Love this place!

Haha! That's classic! One person says scum is too harsh - one person agrees on terminology and suddenly "it's all bleeding hearts"

Bristol 86- let's hope the "we" is a royal one cos personally I've never used that term for any opposing fans or players. As for Ryan Giggs- don't know the guy, don't read the red tops so have no inside track as to the circumstances so I would find it hard to write him off as "scum". 

As for Swindon, well - in front of my eyes they cheated and encompassed so much that is wrong about football but the team and their odious Chairman got what they so richly deserved and Flint got one of the best songs in a decade . 

Love this place more!

I wonder if the homeless guys would be able to claim squatters rights by next year?

Would make for an interesting story if the people in there now refused to budge

It would be hard to claim them after they have already agreed to occupy the building with the owners consent.

Although a great gesture you could argue by letting them occupy and protect the buliding they are saving money on having proper security.  A lot of property/buidling companies let people occupy sites they aren't going to redevelop for a while at very low rental costs because its cheaper than employing SIA approved security to guard the building..

I'm Eco careless but you also have to admire Gary Neville and his beliefs - eco friendly house and would arrive for training in his little Eco car surrounded by Supercars

Got to admire his principles and the fact he was prepared to take all the p taking 

If we were without SC , would anyone else try and tempt GN down to AG ?

it doesn't always work out this way but he appears to have all the attributes to be a great manager for me

I wonder if the homeless guys would be able to claim squatters rights by next year?

Would make for an interesting story if the people in there now refused to budge

Could be a great story, but it takes 10 years minimum occupation for a squatter to get an interest in the property and even then it has to be without permission and occupying as owner. Think Nev and Giggsy's investment is safe...

Can't knock the offer of a place to stay. Be nice if there was something more sustainable to go with it too, maybe a job or some on site learning opportunities for these guys whilst works are on going around them. Probably health and safety reasons why something sensible and helpful like that couldn't take place.

Ok perhaps 'scum' is not an appropriate term, but were my brother having a go on my missus I don't think I'd be pacified by the fact that he pops a few quid in the old charity box, if you'll pardon the pun. 

I think you are getting confused.  He isn't 'having a go' on your wife.  It was on his brothers wife.  Therefore there is really no need for YOU to think him scum.  His brother may well think that and would have every right too.

No one bats an eyelid when we call Swindon scum for pretending to be injured or celebrating winning a football match, but have an affair with your own family members spouse and it's all bleeding hearts! 

Love this place!

one affects you and the other is totally irrelevant to you.  I can understand the word 'scum' being used to talk about Swindon as it is a rivalry that we are all involved in.

I think you are getting confused.  He isn't 'having a go' on your wife.  It was on his brothers wife.  Therefore there is really no need for YOU to think him scum.  His brother may well think that and would have every right too.

Difficult logic that for me. It seems to suggest only the victim can have an opinion.

Archived