IGNORED

Fair play.............

Roger Red Hat

I think you are getting confused.  He isn't 'having a go' on your wife.  It was on his brothers wife.  Therefore there is really no need for YOU to think him scum.  His brother may well think that and would have every right too.

Really? So as long as ISIS aren't beheading MY friends I'm not allowed to be outraged at their morally abhorrent behaviour?

And no, I'm not comparing the beheading of innocent people to someone being a marriage cheat but your principle that I can't disapprove of someone's behaviour because 'it didn't happen to you' is deeply flawed. 

Gary Nevilles autobiography a great read

As you might expect he's passionate, honest, humble and totally him - a interesting and enjoyable read 

Reccommend it 

Echo this, possibly the best footballer autobiography I've read.

He knows he wasn't the most talented player in that extraordinary group but made up for it with sheer grit and hard work. A great philosophy for anything in life.

Never had an agent either, didn't bother negotiating salary. Just did all he could to be the best United player he could be.

Good guy by all accounts and think he'll be a good manager eventually.

I'm Eco careless but you also have to admire Gary Neville and his beliefs - eco friendly house and would arrive for training in his little Eco car surrounded by Supercars

Got to admire his principles and the fact he was prepared to take all the p taking 

If we were without SC , would anyone else try and tempt GN down to AG ?

it doesn't always work out this way but he appears to have all the attributes to be a great manager for me

Apologies for double quoting but agree again! He's exactly the sort of manager I'd want us to go for if SC went. 

So here we have it and to summarise:

Ryan Giggs boffed his brother's wife. Not good.

Ryan Giggs brother was sent to prison for attacking a football fan with a broken bottle. Not good either.

Ryan Gigg's brother's fiancee  sold her story to the papers. Also not good.

Ryan Gigg's brother's wife employed a Publicity agent ( Max Clifford) who is now at Littlehey Prison serving time for a sex attack on an underage girl and sexual assaults. Awful.

It seems to me that we have a can of worms here and all the OP wanted to say was:

Giggs and Neville have given a temporary home to the homeless. Very good.

Love this place.

Ryan Giggs brother was sent to prison for attacking a football fan with a broken bottle. Not good either.

Ryan Gigg's brother's fiancee  sold her story to the papers. Also not good.

Ryan Gigg's brother's wife employed a Publicity agent ( Max Clifford) who is now at Littlehey Prison serving time for a sex attack on an underage girl and sexual assaults. Awful.

Luckily though, none of this affects us so we don't have to concern ourselves with it ;)

Really? So as long as ISIS aren't beheading MY friends I'm not allowed to be outraged at their morally abhorrent behaviour?

And no, I'm not comparing the beheading of innocent people to someone being a marriage cheat but your principle that I can't disapprove of someone's behaviour because 'it didn't happen to you' is deeply flawed. 

haha what an amazing post.  Absurd.  

You can say you haven't compared ISIS with the Giggs affair if you want but you clearly have.  One is a private family matter and the other is a murderous group.  My point was that to think he is scum is a bit heavy.  You probably need me to be clear; I am not condoning sleeping with a sister in law.  

To bring ISIS up in this thread is quite incredible.  

haha what an amazing post.  Absurd.  

You can say you haven't compared ISIS with the Giggs affair if you want but you clearly have.  One is a private family matter and the other is a murderous group.  My point was that to think he is scum is a bit heavy.  You probably need me to be clear; I am not condoning sleeping with a sister in law.  

To bring ISIS up in this thread is quite incredible.  

It's a (deliberately) absurd/extreme example used to emphasise how ridiculous your argument is. 

ISIS clearly has nothing to do with this matter and I use that as an illustration that it's absolute nonsense to suggest that just because the actions of an individual don't personally affect me, I can't have an opinion on the morality of the issue. 

But clearly you're not going to understand the point, so let's agree to differ :-)

It's a (deliberately) absurd/extreme example used to emphasise how ridiculous your argument is. 

ISIS clearly has nothing to do with this matter and I use that as an illustration that it's absolute nonsense to suggest that just because the actions of an individual don't personally affect me, I can't have an opinion on the morality of the issue. 

But clearly you're not going to understand the point, so let's agree to differ :-)

was point was it was too heavy to call him scum based on an affair, when you don't know him and are ignoring the charity work he is doing.

but you keep selectively reading my posts if it makes you feel better. 

was point was it was too heavy to call him scum based on an affair, when you don't know him and are ignoring the charity work he is doing.

but you keep selectively reading my posts if it makes you feel better. 

No, the point was that your argument that 'unless it affects you personally, you can't have an opinion on it' is fundamentally flawed. 

honestly pal, you seem a bit dim.

i was talking in this instance, a private family matter. Not ALL instances!! And that scum was too strong.

And when you quote someone try using the actual quote. Don't paraphrase. 

Honestly wouldn't bother replying again if I was you

I didn't quote you, I merely highlighted the inference you have made in several of your posts in this thread that because this matter doesn't involve me, it's not 'my business' to have an opinion on, which is a fundamentally flawed principle.

But seeing as we're going round in circles, let's leave it there.

Archived