IGNORED

Nile Ranger

Bs4Red

I agree. 

It's not as if City don't need another striker.

Give Ranger a chance to show he's a reformed character. Should he lapse  back into being a drunken sexist woman beating **** then release him. No doubt that kind of get out clause could be in his contract. 

Do we need another striker though?

In our last game Agard and Cox on the bench and Wilbraham and Kodjia starting. That's not to mention a player who was just included in the full squad for the '8th best' national team in the World. Wes Burns.

The same could be said about Joey Barton. 

He acknowledged his problems and sought professional help via Sporting Chance. Currently he's a reformed character.

Nile Ranger could do the same.

2 things, firstly would this be a definite last chance or would you just go on giving him chances?.

Secondly if sporting chance are so good they might be able to cure your GJ complex, worth a shot i'd say.

It definitely goes against the grain of the default opinion on here but I'd absolutely give him a go. 

We have a very grounded group who are tight knit and protective of each other - especially if you believe the Fredricks rumours..

SC wouldn't take any nonsense and Wilbraham would be fantastic mentor as a player and off the pitch.

Worth a go..

Not even SC could sort this moron out! Why would you want him anywhere near our football club? Hes had so many chances, I remember Kevin Nolan saying at Newcastle that he tried to take him under his wing, but some players just don't listen.

I agree. 

Give Ranger a chance to show he's a reformed character. Should he lapse  back into being a drunken sexist woman beating **** then release him. No doubt that kind of get out clause could be in his contract. 

No point. Blackpool thought about all that and decided to pay him a basic wage of £150 a week with big incentives for any match appearances. Didn't make the slightest of difference as he still couldn't be arsed to turn up after 15 games.

And do we need another striker? Wilbraham, Kodjia, Cox, Agard seems enough to me.

Not even SC could sort this moron out! Why would you want him anywhere near our football club? Hes had so many chances, I remember Kevin Nolan saying at Newcastle that he tried to take him under his wing, but some players just don't listen.

we don't really know though, we don't know what goes on at the club or even whether SC is a good enough man-manager to sort him out. The reason I'd consider him is because he's actually a good player and at his best would add to us. Lots of questions though, probably not worth the hassle.

we don't really know though, we don't know what goes on at the club or even whether SC is a good enough man-manager to sort him out. The reason I'd consider him is because he's actually a good player and at his best would add to us. Lots of questions though, probably not worth the hassle.

Could say the same for Ched Evans. Both abuse women.

I agree. 

You missed homophobe. 

Just watched his interview on SSN, I know the guy has been stupid in the past and has made a lot of problems for himself but you have to feel sorry for him, hope he turns himself around because at 24 and with his ability he could get back to the top again!

Regrettably I have no need to feel sorry for the snivelling little scrote

Well, most of us manage it perfectly well.

Well yes thankfully we do. The 'potential' is there though and as 1 in 3 of us will suffer mental health issues sometime in our life which may cause us to do things 'most of us' wouldn't do, what do you propose we do? Bracket them a 'homophobe' 'alcoholic' 'sexist' 'druggie' then forget about them? They may get all the help that's possible (which I doubt in mental health circles as its so under funded) and still be a menace to our perfect lives, however one things for sure if you do nothing and give up there is no chance of improving 'them' or society.

Well yes thankfully we do. The 'potential' is there though and as 1 in 3 of us will suffer mental health issues sometime in our life which may cause us to do things 'most of us' wouldn't do, what do you propose we do? Bracket them a 'homophobe' 'alcoholic' 'sexist' 'druggie' then forget about them? They may get all the help that's possible (which I doubt in mental health circles as its so under funded) and still be a menace to our perfect lives, however one things for sure if you do nothing and give up there is no chance of improving 'them' or society.

And sometimes there are lost causes and sometimes there are little cretins who have had too much too soon and believed their own hype and believed themselves to be beyond reproach. I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation, in second even third chances and in helping in which way you can, but that doesn't mean I will endlessly excuse or make excuses and I firmly believe sometimes the cold shoulder is the best medicine.

Joey Barton and Sporting Chance has been mentioned earlier for instance as some sort of defence that Nile Ranger can get better.... Well Nile, did you phone Joey Barton for some advice, did you call the Sporting Chance clinic, have you sought professional, medical advice or are you hoping that a quick little plea can dupe another club. I don't know the answer but I know what I highly suspect it is.

I do not believe Nile Ranger has an illness of the mind but I do firmly believe Nile Ranger is a great example of a [:shutup:].

• Admin

What has this got to do with Nile Ranger and the many numerous and varied cock ups he has done in the past?

And sometimes there are lost causes and sometimes there are little cretins who have had too much too soon and believed their own hype and believed themselves to be beyond reproach. I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation, in second even third chances and in helping in which way you can, but that doesn't mean I will endlessly excuse or make excuses and I firmly believe sometimes the cold shoulder is the best medicine.

Joey Barton and Sporting Chance has been mentioned earlier for instance as some sort of defence that Nile Ranger can get better.... Well Nile, did you phone Joey Barton for some advice, did you call the Sporting Chance clinic, have you sought professional, medical advice or are you hoping that a quick little plea can dupe another club. I don't know the answer but I know what I highly suspect it is.

I do not believe Nile Ranger has an illness of the mind but I do firmly believe Nile Ranger is a great example of a [:shutup:].

I believe he is without a club, which is where this thread started,  so your advice of the cold shoulder may be working, hence his tweet. Assuming it is working, what now? Continue the cold shoulder forever? Who knows.

I believe he is without a club, which is where this thread started,  so your advice of the cold shoulder may be working, hence his tweet. Assuming it is working, what now? Continue the cold shoulder forever? Who knows.

For me, yes and until he has rehabilitated his character.

'Sorry' interviews/tweets doesn't nearly enough cut it and suspicions of remorse not near enough either [for me]. If I was a prospective employer the sorts of things I would look out for is him perhaps joining a side in League 2 or below on a pay as you play and train, keeping his nose clean, seeking out Sporting Chance, coaching a local youth side or giving talks to youngsters etc. Even just a simple good Samaritan act might make me less sceptical and more inclined to say 'go on then, one more chance'.

But for now I certainly ain't buying one bit of it and I think it possibly shows him up for what he is that he'd rather roll the dice on (what I perceive to be) a 'set up' like that interview than undergo some form of reparations for his misdemeanours. If he was genuinely sorry I reckon he'd be too embarrassed to do an interview like that without having shown some good character traits before. To me it suggests he still believes his own hype and he still would like things the easy way.

Archived