IGNORED

Nile Ranger

Bs4Red

Just watched his interview on SSN, I know the guy has been stupid in the past and has made a lot of problems for himself but you have to feel sorry for him, hope he turns himself around because at 24 and with his ability he could get back to the top again!

How many chances do you give somebody like him?, he always starts off with the same good intentions but after a few good pay days it's the same story, turning up late or not at all or getting himself into trouble with the law, he's a liability and who in their right mind would give him another opportunity?, only a desperate club IMO.

Just watched his interview on SSN, I know the guy has been stupid in the past and has made a lot of problems for himself but you have to feel sorry for him, hope he turns himself around because at 24 and with his ability he could get back to the top again!

I wouldn't take the arrogant jerk if he paid us to play , total waste of time , he will never be any different , horrible horrible person .

I feel no sympathy for him at all. Anyone can make a mistake, but there's no excuse for making the same over and over again.

Considering he's had his wake up calls from both within football - how many times released/sacked? - and outside - criminal convictions and a spell at a young offender's institute, he's totally undeserving of another chance in my opinion and it's unreasonable for him to ask or even hope for one. 

• Admin

My concern with someone like him, is that he is only being remorseful because he has run out of places to run to

It's like the classic when someone is caught cheating on their partner and they get all apologetic and remorseful after getting found out.

I expect realisation is dawning on him now that he had a great career and he has solely made a complete arse of it

How many chances do you give somebody like him?, he always starts off with the same good intentions but after a few good pay days it's the same story, turning up late or not at all or getting himself into trouble with the law, he's a liability and who in their right mind would give him another opportunity?, only a desperate club IMO.

The same could be said about Joey Barton. 

He acknowledged his problems and sought professional help via Sporting Chance. Currently he's a reformed character.

Nile Ranger could do the same.

As a psychiatrist said to me once, we are all potentially very dangerous animals that are not really designed to live with each other as we do and nothing really surprised him how people think and what they do! He has and still does work with many murderers , sex offenders etc over a long career in the NHS. So my concern is, even if someone doesn't think 'mainstream' we cannot just 'give up' have 'no sympathy' with these individuals just because they don't think like us, they need help sometimes it takes more that the 2nd chance and sometimes they might not get it at all but as a society,lets not give up.

IF he did the above I actually wouldn't mind him here based on his performances when I've seen him.. Decent targetman 

I agree with you, but there is always going to be that bit at the back of your mind which asks "how long?"

Personally I may be tempted to offer a contract, but fill it with clauses - hefty fines when late - with further action  if it becomes regular. More importantly the biggest one would be that any wrong doing with the law - instant dismissal.If he is serious about making a clean start then wouldn't have any issue with signing a contract.

Unfortunately I think he will always be known as one of those players who let it all go to his head though.

The same could be said about Joey Barton. 

He acknowledged his problems and sought professional help via Sporting Chance. Currently he's a reformed character.

Nile Ranger could do the same.

I've met Joey Barton at two events and I have to say he's always had a little bit of intelligence about him off of the field, something NR simply does not have.

I agree with you, but there is always going to be that bit at the back of your mind which asks "how long?"

Personally I may be tempted to offer a contract, but fill it with clauses - hefty fines when late - with further action  if it becomes regular. More importantly the biggest one would be that any wrong doing with the law - instant dismissal.If he is serious about making a clean start then wouldn't have any issue with signing a contract.

Unfortunately I think he will always be known as one of those players who let it all go to his head though.

It definitely goes against the grain of the default opinion on here but I'd absolutely give him a go. 

We have a very grounded group who are tight knit and protective of each other - especially if you believe the Fredricks rumours..

SC wouldn't take any nonsense and Wilbraham would be fantastic mentor as a player and off the pitch.

Worth a go..

Makes you wonder what sort of options he would be looking at if he didn't have some talent as a footballer. I'm sorry but it's a no from me. I wouldn't want to bring him into our tight knit group no matter how well meaning. And another thing, we just don't need the kind of publicity/fan hate he would attract.

Agree with all the responses in some way, I wasn't saying he should come here, just his interview seemed like he'd finally realised that he needs to buck his ideas up. 

I agree he has had umpteen chances and thrown them away but if he gets under the wing of a manager who will work with him I think he would be a different person.

however it also wouldn't surprise me if he went to a club and did exactly what he has done everywhere else

My Swindon Town fan colleague said you could never fault him when he was on the pitch - gave 110% and was clearly better than L1 level.

However the flipside is he's a mare off it.

This guy yeah???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGZzs8ujUs

And someone on another thread called Ryan Giggs scum........!!!

This guy is absolute ******* pondlife.

He's done stupid, bad things. And then done them again. This hardly makes him unique.  Far from it.  What it makes him is a fool, and there's plenty of them about.  But he's lucky - he has a talent and can sort himself out, if he's strong enough and takes good advice from good people.  Sadly, the down side of having a talent and that being football is he's probably surrounded by knob-ends who give him no end of bad advice, peer pressure and support his ego rather than questioning his behaviour.

I genuinely feel sorry some times for kids like him; but I feel more for the good kids who didn't get half the breaks and advantages that he consistently pisses up against a wall.

I think the point made about Joey Barton is a good one - had problems, took good advice, tried to sort himself out.  By no means perfect, but he's in a better place than he might have been.  Mind you, as others have said, there is something going on between his ears, which does help.

Being arrogant I can forgive in a footballer, I can also forgive the continual arrests for drunken criminal damage... but being a prized bellend who drunkenly slaps women (regardless of if he was charged) I can't see past. Just my own personal opinion whilst I understand that he is a decent player.

As for comments of Joey Barton being a reformed character... The last time he had supposedly reformed he decided to fight 3/4 of the Manchester City team whilst his teams Premier league future hung in the balance. 

It definitely goes against the grain of the default opinion on here but I'd absolutely give him a go. 

We have a very grounded group who are tight knit and protective of each other - especially if you believe the Fredricks rumours..

SC wouldn't take any nonsense and Wilbraham would be fantastic mentor as a player and off the pitch.

Worth a go..

I agree. 

It's not as if City don't need another striker.

Give Ranger a chance to show he's a reformed character. Should he lapse  back into being a drunken sexist woman beating **** then release him. No doubt that kind of get out clause could be in his contract. 

Archived