IGNORED

City v Ipswich u21s Tonight

Kid in the Riot

Kelly can`t be far away from the first team now can he? Keep hearing great things about him.

He, like most of this squad need to bulk up a bit before they are ready for first team football. I could imagine him getting brushed off the ball to cheaply at present, though in terms of quality, looks an outstanding player.

• Admin

Been at the club sine aged 14 . Recent captain for u18s. Looked really good tonight and scored the equaliser. 

'tis correct, is a relation of a good friend of mine who is a lifelong City fan. 

To say he was over the moon with the goal last night is a MASSIVE understatement

This thread just confirms how much better our Club could do, at making our Academy players better known to the fans.

As the media team obviously read the forum...how about some interviews with the Academy players?

Or a 'typical day at the Academy' type vid?

Good idea, we shouldn't be guessing about which Charlie Harris is ours. Their video on the academy was a pretty good start, hopefully more content to come.

I agree...it's madness that people are having to 'google search' our own players.

And even then it's hard work. We didn't get a team sheet and don't know the players well enough to recognise them all. A twitter search gave us the team, nothing on Ipswich. Very confusing when it comes to subs too as no board is held up or names announced. If the club wants to bridge the gap between first team and u21/u18's they have to try so much harder.

I wasn't able to make it but was the game as eventful as the Twitter feed suggested?

The extent of the official club tweets.

Tweet 1 & 2: Starting XI & Subs
Tweet 3: 1st Half KO
Tweet 4: Half Time
Tweet 5: 2nd Half KO
Tweet 6 & 7: Goal & Goal Description
Tweet 8 & 9: Goal & Goal Description
Tweet 10: Full Time

The match report on the website makes it sound a somewhat better game!

thanks, to be expected I guess coming from non league.

Sometimes athletic but raw players who start late in academy set ups can be mouldeld Into good players - think Tyrone Mings.

Whilst I fully take in your point I think you can normally distinguish between "a rough diamond" and someone who just doesn't look great. But it's early on he could've just had bad games when I've seen him. 

Evidently going to disagree over this but I don't think it's madness at all for someone barely out of the Under-18s and never a part of the first team.

No harm in updating the Academy website and improving knowledge of our Academy players.

It's not a first...most Academy threads on here ask about who's who.

It's not that hard to do.

Some of us like to follow the Club and not just the first team.

Archived