IGNORED

The Official Brighton & Hove Albion v Champions Match Day Thread

Cotts talking saying we are hard done by tonight but we have to take those other chances and there were plenty of them.

Could have been 5-2 .. hmmmm.. fighting talk from Cotts. Good man.

On to Cardiff.

Bit ott from Cotts, which is ever the case when we lose. Some great last ditch defending from us at times.

From the commentary, sounding like Brighton will feel they did enough to win it. Equally, it as ever comes down to a couple of key moments that go against us. Defend better for their goals, take our chances, and we were off and running. Lost to the runaway leaders by a late goal, clear penalty denied, dust ourselves down and in to the next one.

Really does sound like we have what it takes to stay in this league, if we can go to the league leaders and come out disappointed not to got something from it then we should be able to beat the teams around us but we got take our chances before they get confidence and get a goal before we do.

Really does sound like we have what it takes to stay in this league, if we can go to the league leaders and come out disappointed not to got something from it then we should be able to beat the teams around us but we got take our chances before they get confidence and get a goal before we do.

Only going by the commentary, but in fairness at 1-1 it felt like we were having a go. Created in that time a very decent penalty shout and a great chance. On another day and all that. 

We had a good chance of a win  against the league's pace setters  . listening on the radio it sounded like the game could of gone either way but Brighton brought quality subs  near the end.  

If cotts can trust in his whole squad ( or have a plan b) more maybe we will see wilbs rested more.Of course that's easier Said then done when we don't see the players train week in week out.  

We're 21st and only out of the relegation zone on GD, have won 2 in 13 and have already conceded 22 goals. I don't care what it sounds like, we aren't showing we have what it takes at all.

Seriously, we lost tonight against the team who are top of the league, we more than matched them and were very unlucky. Take the positives out of the performance and on another day we would have at least come away with a point.
We are definitely better than at least 3 teams in this League, it's a building process with a young and inexperienced squad at this level, what were you expecting us to just come up and take the league by storm?  Get real!

We're 21st and only out of the relegation zone on GD, have won 2 in 13 and have already conceded 22 goals. I don't care what it sounds like, we aren't showing we have what it takes at all.

Jordan your still on a doomer from the transfer window, it's not coming back.

What we have is what weve got so stop f...kin moaning get over it and if your down the gate get behind our Boys!!!

• Like 3

I am, I won't deny that. It just feels such a missed opportunity, this season.

Definitly is a missed opportunity I'll give you that Jordan if we'd got the players we needed/expected we should been fighting for play off spots imo as it goes we didn't but I still believe we've got enough to stay up, just!

I don't see how you can't be disappointed. Regardless of the opposition, we've had leads in our last 4 matches and won only 1 of them. It's the same problems every week. We don't take our chances and opposing teams do. The subs are always too little too late. We can't defend and play with the ball too much. Everyone sees the problems and they don't get fixed. 

Of course tonight was tough but we done ourselves no favors by losing leads in about half our matches this season. Beat MK Dons and Ipswich and this is an easier loss but we don't take care of our points and we lose them. 

Did you seriously think we'd go onto have a season like we did under GJ in 07/08? The league has improved a lot since then, think the team are slowly getting to grips with the League and will eventually be a very good Championship outfit!

No, I didn't expect us to spend most of the season at the top of the league. I do, however, genuinely feel that if we'd have strengthened to an adequate degree we'd have been capable of a top-half finish. It's all a domino effect, everything has just been so depressing since we let JET go. Kodjia's been the one bright light and I feel sorry for the lads we do have here, because with a bit of strengthening in the summer, we'd have been in a very good position.

I do moan a lot, but at the end of the day, I just want us to do well. We're left persisting with a 36 year-old that just doesn't have the energy anymore at the moment. It's a missed opportunity and honestly the most frustrating season in my time of supporting.

No, I didn't expect us to spend most of the season at the top of the league. I do, however, genuinely feel that if we'd have strengthened to an adequate degree we'd have been capable of a top-half finish. It's all a domino effect, everything has just been so depressing since we let JET go. Kodjia's been the one bright light and I feel sorry for the lads we do have here, because with a bit of strengthening in the summer, we'd have been in a very good position.

I do moan a lot, but at the end of the day, I just want us to do well. We're left persisting with a 36 year-old that just doesn't have the energy anymore at the moment. It's a missed opportunity and honestly the most frustrating season in my time of supporting.

If i'm honest Kodjia is probably better than JET, if he'd have been in our team last season he'd have scored 30+. Obviously JET wasn't happy here and wanted to move back to London, don't think it was solely SC's decision but you need to move on. 
Frustrating yes, just need to keep faith with the Manager and Players,  they got us up here in style in the best season ever they will improve i'm sure and for once we have a side in this League who genuinely cares and puts everything in for this club. Patience.