IGNORED

The Official Brighton & Hove Albion v Champions Match Day Thread

SC recruited the current joint 5th highest scorer in the division.

Three times more goals than Zamora in fact.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make? I think the original point was that to have the option of bringing someone on with the experience and ability of Zamora is a luxury we don't have.

Twice in four days he came off the bench late to turn 1 point into 3 for Brighton. 

Our lack of recruitment in the summer means our options on the bench are severely limited, and that's why despite clearly being exhausted after an hour, Wilbs plays on and on like the proverbial Duracell bunny, whereas Brigton can bring on a vastly experienced striker who is the ideal tool to punish tired defences. 

Thats 'the difference' and highlights the small margins in football. A better summer and that could easily be us at the top end of the table instead of the sticky end.  

• Like 1

SC recruited the current joint 5th highest scorer in the division.

Three times more goals than Zamora in fact.

Like the above poster said....what point are you trying to make? Of course Kodijia is a great signing, but it has nothing to do with the gist of this post.

With respect....why are so many people, so pedantic and nit pick every bloomin word, and not read into the sentiment or gist of a post?

• Like 1

Like the above poster said....what point are you trying to make? Of course Kodijia is a great signing, but it has nothing to do with the gist of this post.

With respect....why are so many people, so pedantic and nit pick every bloomin word, and not read into the sentiment or gist of a post?

Should n't there be an  '  at the end of the word " Bloomin " ? ..,

• Like 2

What point am I trying to make. Two actually.

1. That your points are not very illuminating.

2. Most of your posts come across as veiled digs at Cotterill and/or the club until challenged.

Example, you have gone from:

"The mind boggles as to the Clubs recruitment policy this season"

to :

"Kodijia is a great signing".

2. Most of your posts come across as veiled digs at Cotterill and/or the club until challenged.

to :

Too much nit pickin' there mate :fear:

to :

Well i'm happy you think our recruitment this summer was so great....Kodijia withstanding, I would say you are probably the only that thinks that.

I think what you perceive as 'veiled digs' is actually called constructive criticism...but I have come to realise you are Pedant, and also always on the look out to argue with fellow supporters, rather than discuss. If you find my posts so dull and boring, then why not just ignore? Others enjoy conversations...if you don't like it, may I suggest you just bugger orf and just ignore...Simples ;-)

Met up with a friend who's a season ticket holder at Brighton today who was at the game.

Really thinks we won't be in trouble this season, and said we were the best away team he's seen so far, that we genuinely looked dangerous and could so easily have won. We actually went there to try to win the game, unlike many others. (Although, as we all know, we have been competitive in all the matches so far, we need to start converting that to more wins).

Thought the ref was rubbish too. Of course they are all trying to convince themselves it wasn't a penalty, but when they saw the challenge the initial thought was that it was a foul.

He said we had two real standout players - Freeman and Kodjia, who they thought were seriously impressive.

Well i'm happy you think our recruitment this summer was so great....Kodijia withstanding, I would say you are probably the only that thinks that.

I think what you perceive as 'veiled digs' is actually called constructive criticism...but I have come to realise you are Pedant, and also always on the look out to argue with fellow supporters, rather than discuss. If you find my posts so dull and boring, then why not just ignore? Others enjoy conversations...if you don't like it, may I suggest you just bugger orf and just ignore...Simples ;-)

1. I didn't say our recruitment was great. I said Kodijia is near top of goal scorers. It countered your statement about being baffled about the recruitment policy.

2. When "constructive criticism" is only ever "criticism" it isn't constructive. Your posts are 99% are negative towards SC and our club. You did say about SC you would "get rid". Let's see end of season.

3. On the contrary I don't find your posts dull and boring. The Pedant in me says I never said that. I find your posts stimulating but useless. As in, if only we had a better striker we'd win more games. No shit Sherlock.

4. You could ignore me too, "Simples".

Not trying to have a row Christ I haven't got a clue who you are, but your mindset is negative negative negative.

We had one of our best seasons I have seen in almost 50 years and you just want to criticize. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

1. I didn't say our recruitment was great. I said Kodijia is near top of goal scorers. It countered your statement about being baffled about the recruitment policy.

2. When "constructive criticism" is only ever "criticism" it isn't constructive. Your posts are 99% are negative towards SC and our club. You did say about SC you would "get rid". Let's see end of season.

3. On the contrary I don't find your posts dull and boring. The Pedant in me says I never said that. I find your posts stimulating but useless. As in, if only we had a better striker we'd win more games. No shit Sherlock.

4. You could ignore me too, "Simples".

Not trying to have a row Christ I haven't got a clue who you are, but your mindset is negative negative negative.

We had one of our best seasons I have seen in almost 50 years and you just want to criticize. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

Perhaps it's the perfectionist in me.

Like the majority of managers, footballers, coaches, tv pundits etc,etc, they constantly analyse themselves or the team and look at how to better ones self.

Funnily, it's a part of football I enjoy...looking at tactics, formations, pros and cons of players and managers.

You can either sit back and just go with your lot or always look to improve...I'm of the latter.

Any 'Criticism' would be constructive...even if we were top of the league. I don't rest on my laurels.

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1

Good answer I like that.

But we aren't Real Madrid and don't mean to be funny but you aren't Klopp, Suarez, Moureinho, or Shearer. I'm assuming.

No more insight than the rest of us so why not quit pretending. What you do with your laurels has no bearing on anything. Get behind the manager and the players.

I do though accept certain aspects of the club may be different

Good answer I like that.

But we aren't Real Madrid and don't mean to be funny but you aren't Klopp, Suarez, Moureinho, or Shearer. I'm assuming.

No more insight than the rest of us so why not quit pretending. What you do with your laurels has no bearing on anything. Get behind the manager and the players.

I do though accept certain aspects of the club may be different

I'm not sure I get your drift....quit pretending what? I go and watch the team, and the Academy and watch other football around the country when I can....both league, non league and youth.

I take an interest in coaching and scouting. I've done courses and badges in the game....I study the game. Played and coached...I've done it paid and unpaid. It's a passion.

I follow City and love football....At no time have I ever not wanted the best for this Club.

On match day I'll get behind the Club...in the meantime, like many blokes...we discuss football.

So I really don't understand your reasoning as to why you think i'm not behind the Club?

Yes...I've said I don't think SC is the right man to take us forward. But every time we play under him, I want us to win.

Anybody who takes time to post on this forum does so because they support City and are passionate about football and the Club.

All are supporters and are 'behind the club'.

We just show our 'support' in different ways. Some enjoy discussing the pros and cons of football....some are just happy clappers....some just come on here to wind people up and moan at posters rather than discuss football.

Not being funny....but I really don't know why you bother on this forum, because you seem more interested in nick picking at people ( excuse the pun ) and having a go at them than actually discussing football, which is what this forum is ultimately about. Perhaps you need to rethink as to why you are actually on here.

Edited by spudski