IGNORED

Will we learn

Bs4Red

Absolutely gutted. Just lost to a team that are no better than us if not worse.

Brilliant for 35 minutes then sat back and invited pressure on once again. Conceded the goal and still sat back.

Granted we should have had a stone wall penalty but we miss so many chances again.

Personally think Cotts should have made changes earlier. Wilbs getting 86 minutes is unbelievable. Say what you want about him. He was terrible tonight. 

So disappointing but we will go again and we won't give up.

Now for the long journey home

Brilliant for 35 minutes then sat back and invited pressure on once again. Conceded the goal and still sat back.

Granted we should have had a stone wall penalty but we miss so many chances again.

Personally think Cotts should have made changes earlier. Wilbs getting 86 minutes is unbelievable. Say what you want about him. He was terrible tonight. 

I cannot understand Cotterill's obsession with Wilbraham .Away at Ipswich the bloke could hardly jog in the second half and at the end could barely stretch but he stayed on.Yes play the bloke for a half  but for pity's sake get him off  when he can hardly run and give the likes of Cox a chance.This is costing us and will cost us  all season if something does not change with Wilbraham's automatic selection. Sort it out Cotterill.

Was Flint not terrible? Kodjia misses one of the easiest chances you will ever see. We should of had a penalty? No let's blame Wilbs.

Didn't blame Wilbs doesn't help when the ball doesn't stick. I'm blaming him for that. My point is that Cotts poor subs again. Flint one of the worst performances I've seen gave Baldock so much room. Should have had pen. Also shouldn't have sat back and invited so much pressure on. Disappointing night after going 1-0 up 

Didn't blame Wilbs doesn't help when the ball doesn't stick. I'm blaming him for that. My point is that Cotts poor subs again. Flint one of the worst performances I've seen gave Baldock so much room. Should have had pen. Also shouldn't have sat back and invited so much pressure on. Disappointing night after going 1-0 up 

I will give you that with the subs, Moore on for Bennett and Ayling going to RWB made no sense.

No one moaned about Wilbraham Friday night when he scored 2. No one moaned about 5 CB's Friday night because we won.
On another day we'd have at least got a point. Onto Cardiff.

Yes I did. Because he still didn't hold the ball up well after half time. We also didn't have 5 CBs on Friday so that invalid.

Personally don't think we deserved anything tonight. 

literally don't know what game you watched 

Brighton fans ,well a lot of them reckon we were unlucky overall and should have had a penalty ,most of them full of praise for Freeman and Jk ,a few ********* saying we were lucky to get away with only 2-1 but most seem to think we would have done better NOT to have sat back . Same old story .

Still think there are at least three teams worse than us in this league ,time will tell

There's not a lot between any of the teams in the Championship. The teams at the top have a confidence built on not just results, but self-belief , and that's what I feel City are lacking in this season .  Need a striker who will convert a lot more than 50 % of his chances , and a midfield player who dictates play. Candidates for these positions should have a proven record in the championship. 

There's not a lot between any of the teams in the Championship. The teams at the top have a confidence built on not just results, but self-belief , and that's what I feel City are lacking in this season .  Need a striker who will convert a lot more than 50 % of his chances , and a midfield player who dictates play. Candidates for these positions should have a proven record in the championship. 

Not sure a striker that good exists? Certainly not for us...

50%?! You must be kidding. The best strikers in the prem barely get above 25%. Kodjia has 1 every 2 games. I'll be more than happy if he ends up with 23 goals this season.

I have to say I'm not sure we will learn.

As a fan I'm starting to see a routine.

Pre match, nervous but optimistic

mid match, playing well but not taking chances.

post match, lost and SC says we were "unlucky" and "had enough chances"

I'm happy we're playing good football but in all honesty right now I'd take bad football and 3 points here and there rather than playing football and only gaining the odd 1 occasionally.

With regards to the strikers, we have Kodjia who is more than capable at playing at this level, what we lack is quality throughout the starting 11 and that shows when we're relying on one or two players to pull us through.

I for one am getting heartily sick of hearing how we looked good, should have won but coming away with nowt. SC got it right - Kodjia and Wilbs both had chances that they should have buried. If we carry on like that, not taking chances, we will struggle to stay up. It isn't about looking a good footballing team - it's the result that counts. We were battered for at least 20 mins tonight and many posters seem to be focusing just on our chances. They mean nothing if week in week out you keep missing them. Still worried about us staying up.

50%?! You must be kidding. The best strikers in the prem barely get above 25%. Kodjia has 1 every 2 games. I'll be more than happy if he ends up with 23 goals this season.

All of our strikers ( inc Freeman) have missed to many clear chances this season at important times in games . If they take those chances it doesn't half release the pressure on the rest of the side . 

Strikers should be scoring a dam site more than 50% of the 'clear' missed chances I've seen this season. 

• Admin

The only disappointing thing, is yet ANOTHER game we should have got something from but we didn't!

We can't keep saying our luck might change blah blah blah, we need to make it happen sooner than later as the games are flying by at the moment

We know we are playing better than the table shows, but until we start taking chances we're in for a long season 

The simple truth is that you can't insist and stick with a system that is designed to attack, and then use it to sit on what you,ve got as soon as you take a lead. It's at best suicidal and at worst moronic.

If you are going to go for it, keep going for it. If not, change it.

I don't think it's just a case of scoring goals, it's also about self belief. There seems to me to be a feeling of boys against men still and that the players don't quite feel they are strong/good enough enough to control games and dictate what happens. Even when playing well it feels like we are on borrowed time, waiting for the bigger boys to take back the game. 

When you are playing with that insecurity in your minds it tends to create a self fulfilling prophecy and those little game changing moments go against you. 

We definitely have the talent but we need to take that step up in self belief that we are big/strong/talented enough to be in charge in games.

I don't think it's just a case of scoring goals, it's also about self belief. There seems to me to be a feeling of boys against men still and that the players don't quite feel they are strong/good enough enough to control games and dictate what happens. Even when playing well it feels like we are on borrowed time, waiting for the bigger boys to take back the game. 

When you are playing with that insecurity in your minds it tends to create a self fulfilling prophecy and those little game changing moments go against you. 

We definitely have the talent but we need to take that step up in self belief that we are big/strong/talented enough to be in charge in games.

I think you have got it spot on ,the players and the fans seem to feel that . That is why we should have got some more experienced been there/done that players to help our less experienced albeit good players . 

Archived