IGNORED

Did Baldock celebrate?

SecretSam

He sort of did, he ran off with players surrounding him, it looked to me like he was, and I thought from the restart he appeared to be geeing up the home fans a minute later. But whatever, he wasn't prolific for us, I don't expect much affinity there.

I've no problem if he went mental, it's his job. I'd prefer him not to bate the City fans, just celebrate with his team mates and fans

As long as he applauded the City fans at the end, as Gordie suggests, then that will do for me. Presumably the City fans responded with the same, done a good job for us

I've no problem if he went mental, it's his job. I'd prefer him not to bate the City fans, just celebrate with his team mates and fans

As long as he applauded the City fans at the end, as Gordie suggests, then that will do for me. Presumably the City fans responded with the same, done a good job for us

I can confirm he did both, he celebrated like he should do for his team and came over at the end and clapped the City for a good amount of time.

Find it annoying that some players don't celebrate against former teams. as long as it's not OTT like Adebayor.

See i really like what Adebayor did - just the passion behind wanting to stick it to load of people that have been giving you abuse.

We never gave Baldock abuse so I wouldn't have expected that from him - I think he did right by celebrating with his team.

See i really like what Adebayor did - just the passion behind wanting to stick it to load of people that have been giving you abuse.

Whilst nearly inciting a riot in the Arsenal end. I can even understand if he scored the goal in the Arsenal away end, but to score the goal the other side of the pitch and run 90 yards to celebrate in front of them was OTT, and completely hilarious.

Whilst nearly inciting a riot in the Arsenal end. I can even understand if he scored the goal in the Arsenal away end, but to score the goal the other side of the pitch and run 90 yards to celebrate in front of them was OTT, and completely hilarious.

IMO football more about passion than logic and understanding. That's why it creates these hilarious moments.

Don't get me wrong - i'm not completely backwards I do feel the need to understand (pretty much) everything but my understanding of this was that his passion got the better of him, its got to be better than being a football drone that just goes out scores a goal plays it cool like the goal was easy and doesn't mean that much to them.

The other aspect of that is that he is now immortalised for that moment - I cant remember the goal (there are loads of goals) but I remember the celebration. Its like Murray running past the Cardiff fans - I cant remember the goal (that might be a lie) but I will always remember him running past them with his hand cupped to his ear.

The moments where we and they get carried away are the moments we remember and I don't think there are enough of them in modern football.

Fair enough.  I was annoyed at MK Dons 'cos it was the kids' first game and I wanted them to see players celebrate scoring!!!

would it not be better to instill the old traditions of football with the next generation?

A quick handshake and in exceptional cases a minor ruffle of the goal scorer's brylcreemed hair is all that is required.

Running 90 yards, kissing the badge, smashing over the corner flag, a mass pile on, kissing the luminous personal sponsor boots and asking the whole opposition fanbase for a fight are hopefully just a short lived modern fad that will go away.

On that bizarre "CITY TILL I DIE" page on Facebook a couple of people have called him "scum" for celebrating - how strange.

He wasn't part of our academy, doesn't support the team.. Why wouldn't he celebrate? 

I was part of that group for a couple of weeks in the summer. There were some ****** up comments on there

On that bizarre "CITY TILL I DIE" page on Facebook a couple of people have called him "scum" for celebrating - how strange.

He wasn't part of our academy, doesn't support the team.. Why wouldn't he celebrate? 

What's our "Till" got to do with it?  And which till, the one in the AG shop?

Or do they mean "City 'til I die"?

No objections to any player celebrating scoring any goal. In fact I found it more disrespectful that Baldock didn't celebrate against MK than him celebrating against us last night- Just my opinion. 

Out of interest when did all this non-celebrating start? I was always aware of Dennis Law after he scored against and relegated (not technically true, they were down at 0-0) Manchester United. And I can understand exceptions like Lampard when he scored against Chelsea. But at the moment it's almost as if players are expected to not celebrate after scoring against a club they were on loan to for a week 15 years ago.

I was part of that group for a couple of weeks in the summer. There were some ****** up comments on there

Awful group, the average iq on there is far, far lower than here it seems. Loads of absolutely basic opinions.

One of their main mods started a 'campaign' to 'close down' otib. His justification was a screenshot of a post calling for SC to be relieved of his duties. The screenshot wasn't even from here?

A quick handshake and in exceptional cases a minor ruffle of the goal scorer's brylcreemed hair is all that is required.

Reminds me of big John (especially the brylcreem).

Never saw him running 90 yards, kissing the badge, smashing over the corner flag, a mass pile on, kissing the luminous personal sponsor boots and asking the whole opposition fanbase for a fight!!!

Awful group, the average iq on there is far, far lower than here it seems. Loads of absolutely basic opinions.

One of their main mods started a 'campaign' to 'close down' otib. His justification was a screenshot of a post calling for SC to be relieved of his duties. The screenshot wasn't even from here?

I think that was the point I 'unliked' the group. Was obviously not from here
To be fair, the shite spouted on that group is far worse than anything I've seen on here. Each to their own though, wasn't for me - but understand other people will enjoy it

I think that was the point I 'unliked' the group. Was obviously not from hereTo be fair, the shite spouted on that group is far worse than anything I've seen on here. Each to their own though, wasn't for me - but understand other people will enjoy it

Yeah absolute rubbish, I've maintained my "like", mainly in a masochistic way so I can love to hate the content on there.

Every member is "100% BEHIND COTTS AND THE BOYS AND ANY MOANERS SHOULD SUPPORT THE GAS CTID" of course though.

Not problems with him celebrating. Quite glad we got rid, he's not good enough for the Championship and his finishing is infuriating, hence why I wasn't really bothered when he left. Missed a few golden chances last night as per usual and how he's been credited with their first is beyond me, blatant Flint own goal.

Not problems with him celebrating. Quite glad we got rid, he's not good enough for the Championship and his finishing is infuriating, hence why I wasn't really bothered when he left. Missed a few golden chances last night as per usual and how he's been credited with their first is beyond me, blatant Flint own goal.

Pretty sure Flint doesn't want it.

I'd happily take Baldock back, and I'd play him up top with Kodjia, purely for his movement alone.

His overall play last night was very good, and he's clever at pulling defenders out of position with his runs, thus leaving space for his strike partner to run into (God I wish Wilbs would do this), and for the majority of the 1st half he had Flint pulling his hair out trying to contain him. 

His touch is good, and but for Ayling's brilliant defending, he would have scored 2. 

No hard feelings here for the lad at all. 

IMO football more about passion than logic and understanding. That's why it creates these hilarious moments.

Don't get me wrong - i'm not completely backwards I do feel the need to understand (pretty much) everything but my understanding of this was that his passion got the better of him, its got to be better than being a football drone that just goes out scores a goal plays it cool like the goal was easy and doesn't mean that much to them.

The other aspect of that is that he is now immortalised for that moment - I cant remember the goal (there are loads of goals) but I remember the celebration. Its like Murray running past the Cardiff fans - I cant remember the goal (that might be a lie) but I will always remember him running past them with his hand cupped to his ear.

The moments where we and they get carried away are the moments we remember and I don't think there are enough of them in modern football.

I'm sorry but you forgot the most important aspect of this incident…Adebayor is an idiot and a moron. Forgive my tautology, but i dislike him with a passion reserved especially for money grabbing daddy longlegs

Reminds me of big John (especially the brylcreem).

Never saw him running 90 yards, kissing the badge, smashing over the corner flag, a mass pile on, kissing the luminous personal sponsor boots and asking the whole opposition fanbase for a fight!!!

Yes, football was dull in those days ;)

Archived