IGNORED

Did Baldock celebrate?

SecretSam

Awful group, the average iq on there is far, far lower than here it seems. Loads of absolutely basic opinions.

One of their main mods started a 'campaign' to 'close down' otib. His justification was a screenshot of a post calling for SC to be relieved of his duties. The screenshot wasn't even from here?

Bit harsh, its not much different here... just more swearing

The only difference is that criticism is met with go and support that mob up the road more on there than it is here... alot of petty squabbling, the ones who say I told you so is the same here as it is on there.

Yeaterday, adult admins from that page harassed a teenage lad accusing him of being "police" with no proof forcing him to deactivate. Classy.

Whilst nearly inciting a riot in the Arsenal end. I can even understand if he scored the goal in the Arsenal away end, but to score the goal the other side of the pitch and run 90 yards to celebrate in front of them was OTT, and completely hilarious.

At least we don't have to worry about Wilbs running 90 yards to celebrate scoring :whistle:

He sort of did, he ran off with players surrounding him, it looked to me like he was, and I thought from the restart he appeared to be geeing up the home fans a minute later. But whatever, he wasn't prolific for us, I don't expect much affinity there.

The 2013/14 League One Golden Boot says otherwise.

The irony is people do consider him to have been prolific for MK Dongs, yet he scored more for us in fewer games. 

Percentage of chances taken perhaps.

Baldock himself stated with some embarrassment that he'd never had so many chances created for him than when he was at City, and had never missed so many.

If you miss open goals week after week you're unlikely to be remembered as 'prolific' even if your total gives that impression in retrospect.

Percentage of chances taken perhaps.

Baldock himself stated with some embarrassment that he'd never had so many chances created for him than when he was at City, and had never missed so many.

If you miss open goals week after week you're unlikely to be remembered as 'prolific' even if your total gives that impression in retrospect.

He didn't miss open goals week after week though. He had a poor spell where he did poorly in one on one situations but for some reason people think he should have scored 40 goals! Let's not forget we were fighting relegation for most of the season. 

His ratio of 1 every 2.4 games for us is amongst the best we've had in my 20 odd years of regular attendance  

Maynard, Thorpe and Lita - who are all widely considered to be prolific for us - all behind Baldock in terms of their prolificness....prolifirence....prolifency goals. 

The irony is people do consider him to have been prolific for MK Dongs, yet he scored more for us in fewer games. 

I wasn't just talking about the infamous and seemingly never ending series of one on one's, though they stand out as possibly the worst run of failures in front of goal I've seen from an individual City striker in 45 years.

No, it was missing tap ins as well, concluding in him losing his head completely and violently booting an advertising hoarding in front of the EE when he somehow contrived to put an open goal header wide from 2 yards out, his 3rd bad miss in quick succession.

He was furious and embarrassed, and rightly so, and it was to the credit of City fans that the AG crowd remained supportive.

I realise all too well we were fighting relegation at the time, hence his appalling spell of finishing at the time being all the more frustrating, and presumably prompting his need to publicly express his disappointment in himself.

At other times during his time at AG he finished with superb confidence, but overall it has to be said Baldock's finishing for City was very much hit and miss, and at times bewilderingly poor.

At other times during his time at AG he finished with superb confidence, but overall it has to be said Baldock's finishing for City was very much hit and miss, and at times bewilderingly poor.

Cant argue with that (although I do think the quantity, frequency and perceived ease of simple chances missed compared to those converted is greatly exaggerated) but to say that he wasn't prolific for us is simply wrong.

I hope he celebrated.  Personally I think football is about winning and enjoying the game when you score win etc.  

When you start taking that away because of some sort of respect I personally think it is a little false. Enjoy the moment... If it really upsets you to score against a former team do not make yourself available to play.  If you respect your former team and you want to convey that then speak after the game.  Personally I think you are letting your team mates and you current fans down.  Enjoy the moment. 

CELEBRATE

Cant argue with that (although I do think the quantity, frequency and perceived ease of simple chances missed compared to those converted is greatly exaggerated) but to say that he wasn't prolific for us is simply wrong.

Take away pens (and all credit he was excellent at them) and he scored 28 in 92 in all comps. That's not prolific.

I hope he celebrated.  Personally I think football is about winning and enjoying the game when you score win etc.  

When you start taking that away because of some sort of respect I personally think it is a little false. Enjoy the moment... If it really upsets you to score against a former team do not make yourself available to play.  If you respect your former team and you want to convey that then speak after the game.  Personally I think you are letting your team mates and you current fans down.  Enjoy the moment. 

CELEBRATE

But he didn't score! I'm of the same viewpoint as you, celebrate by all means if you've actually scored. But he ran off claiming a goal that blatantly wasn't his.

But he didn't score! I'm of the same viewpoint as you, celebrate by all means if you've actually scored. But he ran off claiming a goal that blatantly wasn't his.

well his team scored he should be happy. Same thing applies in my mind

I don't, and more to the point, by his own admission neither did he.

CELEBRATE

Agreed. I can't see how anyone can score a goal at any level and not run off punching the air in Steve Jones fashion.

At professional level you don't aim your celebration towards the other team's supporters though, that's just being antagonistic for no good reason.

This not celebrating out of 'respect' nonsense is truly pathetic and annoying, if you score a goal the natural reaction is to celebrate, whoever the opposition are.

Players over celebrate a goal at the best of times. A handshake is good enough every time for me; its their job for crying out loud and they are well paid for it.. just score, shake a hand and get on with it.

Understatement really, there's nothing like scoring a goal. I remember the euphoria of that feeling even playing u12s football. Football would be far duller without players/fans/managers showing emotion. It's great to see players enjoy the moment after scoring.

It was great to see Cotterill celebrating the goals at the 3-0 vs Swindon and sprinting down the touchline vs Leeds. That iconic image of Murray cupping his ear to the Cardiff fans wouldn't have ever happened had he just "had a handshake and got on with it" because it's his job.

It may be a "job", but it's far from completing what's expected of you in an office or something. 

Understatement really, there's nothing like scoring a goal. I remember the euphoria of that feeling even playing u12s football. Football would be far duller without players/fans/managers showing emotion. It's great to see players enjoy the moment after scoring.

It was great to see Cotterill celebrating the goals at the 3-0 vs Swindon and sprinting down the touchline vs Leeds. That iconic image of Murray cupping his ear to the Cardiff fans wouldn't have ever happened had he just "had a handshake and got on with it" because it's his job.

It may be a "job", but it's far from completing what's expected of you in an office or something. 

Yes I was understating it. on purpose ! is that what we call a 'whoosh' moment? Its one of those fangled words I claim to know nuffin' a baut!

Archived