IGNORED

Was it a penalty

Healeyred96

I was at the other end of the ground and I said it was a certain pen at the time, but my brother turned to me and said "me too, but the ref is perfectly placed, 5 yards away and he says it's a dive"

So the onto the TV replay...absolute nailed on penalty IMO - I can't believe he didn't give it.  You have to hope luck will even itself out for your sakes...

I was 10 yards away and defined contact and pen. As someone else has said if it was a Brighton player it would have been given. 

Perhaps freeman flinging his arms in the air as he went down didn't help matters. 

The he handball decision I feel would have been harsh  it's one of those that you wouldn't want given against you if it was the other way around  

It it was one of a number of poor decisions by the ref last night. There was a humdinger of a tackle on baldock from behind in the first half which wasn't given either. 

I was near the front and it was stonewall.

I also struggled to see why the Kodjia goal was ruled out? He was running back towards the halfway line, and receives the ball after a poor pass by a Brighton defender. It may be the fact that I don't know the offside rule but I don't understand the decision.

not a penalty as the ref never gave it....

I say…what a sensible chap you are, and so succinct.  Technically you are of course correct, however taking into account that the referees IQ and vision were well below the recognised standard………it was a penalty.

I was near the front and it was stonewall.

I also struggled to see why the Kodjia goal was ruled out? He was running back towards the halfway line, and receives the ball after a poor pass by a Brighton defender. It may be the fact that I don't know the offside rule but I don't understand the decision.

As he was in an offside position from the original pass, he was gaining an advantage by being in an offside position and as it was the same phase he was still offside. Hope that clears it up!

Defo not a penalty, I thought it was at first as did the Brighton fans I was sat with... but our players did not protest very much which tells you something.

Saw it in their lounge after the game on Seagull TV including slow motion replays, and it was a definite dive... Freeman should have ran on and shot.

Don't like to see our players throw themselves to the ground.

Obviously they did not want to show a controversial incident on their big screen!

Has anybody else mentioned how good their big screens were, we should consider putting some in :thumbsup:

As he was in an offside position from the original pass, he was gaining an advantage by being in an offside position and as it was the same phase he was still offside. Hope that clears it up!

Ah cheers mate. It was pretty marginal though wasn't it? I thought the ball was passed from their RB to the CB who then nudged it to Kodjia. It was a decent finish by him to be fair!

Defo not a penalty, I thought it was at first as did the Brighton fans I was sat with... but our players did not protest very much which tells you something.

Saw it in their lounge after the game on Seagull TV including slow motion replays, and it was a definite dive... Freeman should have ran on and shot.

Obviously they did not want to show a controversial incident on their big screen!

Has anybody else mentioned how good their big screens were, we should consider putting some in :thumbsup:

Did you not wonder what that black thing is in the corner of the South Stand? :whistle:

Ah cheers mate. It was pretty marginal though wasn't it? I thought the ball was passed from their RB to the CB who then nudged it to Kodjia. It was a decent finish by him to be fair!

I cannot remember but I think he was coming back from an offside position and put pressure on the CB as he went to pass it which he under hit and kodj ran through but by pressuring the CB he became active and as the pass was from ours he was then offside. Hard to explain without the incident to show! 

book an appointment with specsavers

blatant stonewall nailed on pen

It seems we get the short end of it every time this season. Whether or not it was a pen(I thought it was but Freeman didn't do himself any favours) we don't get the benefit of the doubt. Example is the pen away at Birmingham. Edge of the box, maybe some contact, he goes down and it's called. Probably not a pen but given. Then you have last night. Much more contact, some theatrics and no call. It's a bit frustrating. 

I always feel that if a defender goes to ground in the box and clearly doesn't get any of the ball, chances are there's a fair shout for a penalty.  Looks pretty clear in this case that he's nowhere near the ball and takes Freeman out.

Even if Freeman had dived over the top (and a booking for simulation here is laughable) with no contact at all, the defender would still have been unfairly blocking his route to the ball by sticking his legs in front of him.

Very unlucky not to be given imo and seems to be the way things are going for us at the moment. Things will turn around soon enough as long as we stay positive as we have been.

Nailed on for me and I couldn't have been closer ... what about this!?

12112110_10154338525368266_6209053298790336269_n.jpg

Not for me this one. If you watch every corner it happens and Flinty is one of the worst defensively for it too! 

If you give one you have to give them all and could end up with 7/8 penalties a game!!

• Admin

as the ref didn't give it...it wasn'tthank you for the input though..

Do you think Kodija was foulded near the corner flag against Forest just before our second goal?

The Forest defender even stopped expecting the whistle to be blown

Ref didn't give that

Posts like this are found on almost every forum for every club.  And they are almost never accurate.

Why?  We remember injustices much longer than calls that benefit us.

Well we have had a few decisions go against us this season. Some slight contact in the box, player goes down and it gets awarded. We are one of four teams not to receive a penalty this season. So that's why it SEEMS that we haven't gotten the benefit of the whistle thusfar. Don't think we've had many breaks from referees this season where I've seen opponents bailed out at times. Of course it's a small number and doesn't make much difference to our season as a whole but 1 or 2 of those called making for a draw or a win and it could have put us down a much different path.

Its all speculation anyway though. Just my opinion that we don't get the benefit of doubt at the moment. Not because we are Bristol City but because at those moments we aren't getting the luck. That's fine and we move on

Archived