Wolves H (12th)

Bolton A (24th)

Hull H (4th)

Rotherham A (23rd)

Blackburn H (17th)

Huddersfield A (14th)

Derby C A (7th)

QPR H (10th)

Especially when you consider at the moment we are 'only' 5 pts behind Wolves in 12th, there's plenty of winnable games there.

I reckon 15 pts is doable from that lot. That would comfortably be enough to see us out of the bottom 3 before Christmas and keep SC in a job. No excuses really, after decent performances against Brighton & Forest.

Interesting post - I think you are spot on. With the right application and a little more rub of the green, optimistically we can take 15 points or more from these games, strengthen in Jan and then push on for the rest of the season.

Anything much less and I feel SC will be getting his P45 from santa this year.

Looking at those I reckon we will get more points away from home.

Agree, and those winnable away games look very attractive home games for the second half of the season where it is arguably more important to maintain pace and get point accumulation.

Actually look quite favourable for us:

Cardiff A (8th)

Fulham H (13th)

Wolves H (12th)

Bolton A (24th)

Hull H (4th)

Rotherham A (23rd)

Blackburn H (17th)

Huddersfield A (14th)

Derby C A (7th)

QPR H (10th)

Especially when you consider at the moment we are 'only' 5 pts behind Wolves in 12th, there's plenty of winnable games there.

I reckon 15 pts is doable from that lot. That would comfortably be enough to see us out of the bottom 3 before Christmas and keep SC in a job. No excuses really, after decent performances against Brighton & Forest.

I'd be ecstatic with 4 wins and a couple of draws to grab 14 points, or you could even say that 3 wins and a few more draws would be an acceptable return.  Bare minimum we need is 12 points.

But of course, this all depends on how the other teams around us perform during the same time period.

Trouble is this league (and City) are quite unpredictable. MKD at home and PNE away, on paper, were winnable games but we know what happened there. Boro away should have been a toughie but we got the points. This league is pretty much impossible to predict. We need to forget the opposition - it is all down to us taking our chances and defending better and if we do that we can beat anyone in this league. Equally if we carry on as we are we could lose to anyone.

KITR - was thinking something similar too.  15 points sounds like the right kind of total, for me, we need to start having more points than games, and that ought to keep us out of bottom three.

i think we will all admit that this division is far more competitive than we thought it was, even though we knew it would be tough.  I'm sure it's too early to say, but my pre-season prediction of 8-10th was definitely heart ruling head. I do still believe we can be 12-15th, but I think we will be in that bottom 8 or 9...as long as not bottom three.  That probably sounds defeatist, but the money around has enabled most if not all if our opponents to keep hold of squads that they wouldn't normally.

Theres a bit of 'shit or bust' from the likes of Middlesborough and Derby, and should they miss out the financial ramifications could be serious.  Staying in this division (for City) this season is the priority, but we need to keep ourselves in this league by doing it sensibly, and not splashing loads of cash at Xmas, because if it doesn't work, then we head back to League One in a worse position.

I'm hoping the current crop of players with a couple of astute signings will see us through.  We don't need much.  I, for one, didn't want Joey Barton (still don't), but we need someone of his ilk to supplement Smith and Pack and really ought to be Pack's replacement.  Don't think any of us would mind seeing Pack as a decent back up. We also need to get cover for Wilbs, unless Cotts suddenly decides we can play Kodjia with Cox or Agard.

i won't try to predict who we should beat and who we shouldn't (apart from Yoshi's league!), but we probably look at batches of two or three games and say we ought to get X points.  I said four points from MK and Forest....we got them, but probably not the way around we thought.

Gonna be a tough season, but I'm still confident there will be AT LEAST three teams lower than us.

Weve got our first home win, now we need to make Ashton Gate a very uncomfortable place for opposing teams to come to.

The one game that fills me with horror is Wolves. One of those teams we often struggle against. Would love to beat them for a change.

When Wolves are in the Championship, or indeed L1, you normally find them towards the top of the table. Not sure what is happening there this season ?

Like you, I'm desperate to see us turn them over, sick to the back teeth of seeing City save their worst performances for when we play Wolves.

Our record versus them, home and away, is abysmal. I'm fairly sure they have won more games at A.G. than they have lost.

When Wolves are in the Championship, or indeed L1, you normally find them towards the top of the table. Not sure what is happening there this season ?

Like you, I'm desperate to see us turn them over, sick to the back teeth of seeing City save their worst performances for when we play Wolves.

Our record versus them, home and away, is abysmal. I'm fairly sure they have won more games at A.G. than they have lost.

I hope we do to. Got tickets for it and haven't seen us play Wolves since the notorious 3 Pigs vs Wolf incident where we were smashed 6-1!

I hope we do to. Got tickets for it and haven't seen us play Wolves since the notorious 3 Pigs vs Wolf incident where we were smashed 6-1!

The thought of that game still makes me feel unwell. Didn't we go 1-0 up with a goal from Carl "Pele" Hutchings?

I do remember beating them 3-0 at home in the mid 1980s.

Actually look quite favourable for us:

Cardiff A (8th) - draw

Fulham H (13th) - lose

Wolves H (12th) - lose

Bolton A (24th) - win

Hull H (4th) - lose

Rotherham A (23rd) - win

Blackburn H (17th) - draw

Huddersfield A (14th) - draw

Derby C A (7th) - lose

QPR H (10th) - lose

I predict 9 points from ten games. It's actually rather depressing I don't see a home win coming anytime soon.

Those fixtures look mostly winnable.  

That's not the same as saying we will win them, just that we can win them.  I would hope for more than 15 points to be honest.  The smarter managers (Hughton, McCarthy) know we're a good side.  The 2 home games against Fulham and Wolves are key for me.  The Cardiff game is a bit of a one off, but those 2 home games will make a big difference to shaping our season.  0 or 1 points and we are stuck in a battle, looking like a struggler.  4 or 6 and we are upwardly mobile and feeling that we can climb further.

Archived