IGNORED

Sports Bar open for the Baadiff game.

Dollymarie

Any publicity is good publicity in other words?

Doesn't seem to be doing any harm! 

What BS have missed out on is a chance to remind people that they could qualify for discounts based on their supporter status, the food that is available (and not just how to book a table), and any other up coming events.

500 sold 1000 still to sell - should be taking more than this

A large part of me wishes that the club simply sent back the 1,500 tickets with a short note to the effect that it has no desire to subject its travelling support to the whims of whoever decided on the inconvenient ticket pick up rules.

A large part of me wishes that the club simply sent back the 1,500 tickets with a short note to the effect that it has no desire to subject its travelling support to the whims of whoever decided on the inconvenient ticket pick up rules.

Agree, would be interesting. Could have hired out a huge screen, put it on the pitch and opened up the bars and the SS to show the game live. Would have made a statement.

i am with you on this one.

Mind you, based on the vitriol aimed at Bristol Sport for opening a bar to give fans the option to watch the game on a screen, imagine the melt down and bed wetting if Bristol Sport took away the option for fans to watch the game in person.

Actually, it would probably be the same people.

• Admin

If the decision had been made by either us or Cardiff I would have agreed with you, but as it was the Welsh Police am not so sure

If the decision had been made by either us or Cardiff I would have agreed with you, but as it was the Welsh Police am not so sure

In my view it doesn't matter who made the decision (and assuming it is not our club), it would have been refreshing to see the club take stance that shows refusal to accept its fans being treated in this manner.

In my view it doesn't matter who made the decision (and assuming it is not our club), it would have been refreshing to see the club take stance that shows refusal to accept its fans being treated in this manner.

I wish the club would do something to show support for its fans rather than just sitting on its heddlu.

Mind you, based on the vitriol aimed at Bristol Sport

Vitriol? Where?

Again. Bristol City - BS choose to boycott a forum that is sponsored by the Supporters Club and Trust, but then regularly ask a member of the same organisation to post information on the same site they have decided to withdraw from.

That is uneven.

A further irony is that Club employees, and Directors regularly read this forum, and indeed reference the information they have gained at meetings / in dialogue with Supporters groups. That is a fact.

Uneven again.

There is nothing nasty in pointing this out, and suggesting that those who are employed to communicate with fans can do so via a forum that they are still using indirectly.

• Admin

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

Look, there's always room for improvement, but on here, trivial things get blown out of all proportion, City fans who want to find out all the info will look on websites, Twitter, FB, OTIB, whatever they can get their hands on.  I think what the club have done in respect of this particular announcement is more than enough, yeh they could to door to door telling fans personally, but I'm pretty sure the fans who really give a sh*t about the bar showing the game have enough mediums to find out about it

Mark Kelly clearly disagrees and felt the message was also worth putting out there on OTIB or he wouldn't have asked Marie to do so. 

The debate in my mind is that given this is the 4th or 5th time this season Marie has been asked to forward a message from the club on here, would it not be better for the club to task one of their or Bristol Sport's many employees with this task of liaising with supporters? Or is it fine for them to give this duty to an unpaid supporter rather than someone they pay?

Archived