IGNORED

Manky Derby

Esmond Million's Bung

No wonder English clubs are struggling in the champions league.

This game was a shocker, only one worthwhile save all game, one piece of  goalmouth action, the passing, movement, commitment and overall skill on show was non existent.

Manu’s possession football is enough to send an insomniac asleep and Manc were barely going through the motions and the atmosphere was awful, really what is happening to the English game?.

Even Schweinsteiger has been dragged down to this piss poor level and looked a very less than ordinary player.

I wouldn’t usually pick out Rooney but my god his first touch, passing and general play was an embarrassment, cannot fault his commitment he certainly never hides that’s for sure.

Truly shocking game.

I'm glad I missed it. Again. 

Don't even bother with MOTD2, there were only 2 goalmouth incidents both in the last 5 minutes, there wasn't a player on the field who hit a really telling pass all game, in fact some of the passing beggared belief, some players couldn't complete a 2 yard pass all game and Rooney, Schweinsteiger, De Bruyne and Toure were the worst.

No wonder English clubs are struggling in the champions league.

This game was a shocker, only one worthwhile save all game, one piece of  goalmouth action, the passing, movement, commitment and overall skill on show was non existent.

Manu’s possession football is enough to send an insomniac asleep and Manc were barely going through the motions and the atmosphere was awful, really what is happening to the English game?.

Even Schweinsteiger has been dragged down to this piss poor level and looked a very less than ordinary player.

I wouldn’t usually pick out Rooney but my god his first touch, passing and general play was an embarrassment, cannot fault his commitment he certainly never hides that’s for sure.

Truly shocking game.

English clubs but full of foreign millionares who aint gonna "break a leg" while they sit on there nice fat contracts.

Really is this what the football lower league clubs are striving for...........I really wouldn't bother.. terrible advert for "English" football and support come to that..a massive stadium full of fleeced fans.:facepalm:

...and I thought this thread was gonna be a succession of comments slagging off our friends from the East Midlands...oh well.

You are correct though, it was a boring game, but how good was that Man City centre back - Otamendi is it?! He bossed Rooney and was outstanding.

Great to see the loyal Mancs turn on Rooney on social media and say he isn't good enough. He'll only end up as all time top scorer for both England and Man Utd.

Lingard nearly clinched it with a deft flick that hit the bar, he looks a player!

...and I thought this thread was gonna be a succession of comments slagging off our friends from the East Midlands...oh well.

You are correct though, it was a boring game, but how good was that Man City centre back - Otamendi is it?! He bossed Rooney and was outstanding.

Great to see the loyal Mancs turn on Rooney on social media and say he isn't good enough. He'll only end up as all time top scorer for both England and Man Utd.

Lingard nearly clinched it with a deft flick that hit the bar, he looks a player!

I suspect Ottameni was simply doing his job against a fading player. Rooney is game but  shadow of his former self. Ottamend I can pass out from the back though. They'll win the league I think. 

Having spent the week in and out of hospital, I was invited to go to the Manchester derby today in a private box in the company of Clayton Blackmore and Mark Hughes also popped in to say hello to guests. I have to say the experience at Old Trafford today was amazing. The food was brilliant, and the guests actually talked to us and the view from the box was fantastic and the seats were spacious and comfy unlike some grounds I've been to,

Sadly as far as the match, you could tell it was gonna be 0-0 after about 30 minutes. Neither team wanted to concede but the game was so stale. Rooney tries hard but was awful and for Utd only Valencia and Mata tried in the first half and I was amazed they were subbed first. Fellani put in a shift when he came on but for me despite a chance late on Utd never looked like scoring.

City defended well and Kompany stood out for his defensive duties but going forward City were poor. Ya Ya Toure looked disinterested and De Bruyne is so obviously not a winger and looks lost out wide and just wants to cut in all the time. Bony for a 30m player was shocking, no movement and just stood still and gave 0%.

This was a poor advertisement for football but I've been to hospitality at a number of clubs, but the Man Utd experience tops the lot, from the tour of the ground, to meeting ex players and guests, well looked after by staff and superb food and facilities. 

Was a very enjoyable day for me bar the game and whoever is in charge of hospitality at Utd is doing a fantastic job, Not sure how much my friend paid for the 4 of us today but it would have been worth every penny, regardless of cost.

Slightly misleading title - I thought this was a thread sparking a rivalry with our fellow Championship side by highlighting the lack of cleanliness in the North Midlands town.

With you mate! I made the same point above, but Derby is definitely East Mids. But I'd love a rivalry with them, except we haven't got much ammunition, they get great crowds, in fact very big crowds when you look at the population of Derby. They hate Forest, that alone should make us friends! I went to a 4-1 defeat at the old Baseball Ground dressed as Fozzie Bear for no reason at all and actually had Derby fans singing 'Fozzie Fozzie what's the score?' When the 4th went in! If I remember rightly Rob Edwards scored a 'worldie' for us which will never be remembered and they had Peter Shilton in goal and he got loads from the travelling Reds!

They are a much bigger club...oh well, we'll just have to dream about getting to their standing in the game one day!

Think the direness of the game was due to Van Gaal, he plays a turgid style of football, having him and Mourinho in the same league is dreadful for neutrals.  I don't care whether it's Arsenal or Man City who wins it I just don't want Man U or Chelsea seeing any reward for their dull football.

Think the direness of the game was due to Van Gaal, he plays a turgid style of football, having him and Mourinho in the same league is dreadful for neutrals.  I don't care whether it's Arsenal or Man City who wins it I just don't want Man U or Chelsea seeing any reward for their dull football.

Keeping things tight was always going to be on the cards considering what Arsenal did to them in 20 mins a few weeks back. 

English clubs but full of foreign millionares who aint gonna "break a leg" while they sit on there nice fat contracts.

Really is this what the football lower league clubs are striving for...........I really wouldn't bother.. terrible advert for "English" football and support come to that..a massive stadium full of fleeced fans.:facepalm:

One point to consider though is that Premier ticket prices are heading down as the revenue percentage continues to decline in value and importance in relation to the exponential growth in TV money.

There is no such dynamic at play in the Championship where prize money from TV rights is miniscule in comparison.

In short we are already seeing, and will continue to see, Championship ticket prices becoming more expensive than many in the top flight.

You can only dine out on your record for so long, basically you are only as good as your last game and Rooney's was appalling, his first touch, his passing, his decision making and his goal threat, but as I said you cannot fault the effort or the fact that he doesn't hide at anytime, but he was awful luckily for him manu do not possess a credible replacement, they seriously need a striker.

Really? I thought it was more to do with Citeh's defensive, cautious approach. Without Aguero and Silva they look terribly toothless to me. That said, ManUre weren't exactly flooding the opposition box either. It was a cautious game between two teams who didn't want to lose rather than needed to win. If it had happened at a different point in the season, it would probably have been a different proposition

Re: Rooney, I usually defend the bloke but he was shite. Looks a shadow of himself, couldn't trap a bag of sand

You can only dine out on your record for so long, basically you are only as good as your last game and Rooney's was appalling, his first touch, his passing, his decision making and his goal threat, but as I said you cannot fault the effort or the fact that he doesn't hide at anytime, but he was awful luckily for him manu do not possess a credible replacement, they seriously need a striker.

Spot on, I don't think they really realised the value of Ruud van Nistlerooy until he left. How prolific was that guy?!

Rooney is ridiculously over hyped. He has the England record and fair play, but when no one else has had a proper run as the main striker for the last 10 years, and the game plan for years was give it to Rooney, combined with playing San Marino or an equivalent every other game, he would have been a huge failure to not break the record. He is a flat track bully on the international scene and simply not world class, the repeatedly shite showings against half decent international sides only back this up

Rooney is ridiculously over hyped. He has the England record and fair play, but when no one else has had a proper run as the main striker for the last 10 years, and the game plan for years was give it to Rooney, combined with playing San Marino or an equivalent every other game, he would have been a huge failure to not break the record. He is a flat track bully on the international scene and simply not world class, the repeatedly shite showings against half decent international sides only back this up

I'd really love to know what people believe world class to be. I get the feeling that the phenomenal performances of Ronaldo and Messi over the years have skewed peoples views of how good a player some others are. Repeatedly shite against half decent international sides? I reckon Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Uruguay will not take nicely to your assessment of them. 

Rooney over the last 10 to 15 years has consistently been at least one of the top 20 strikers in the world. His goal records for club and country shows it, the praise from fellow professionals shows it, the fact that when he handed in a transfer request the mega powers of world football were all interested shows it. If being in the top 20 for the majority of your career isn't a sign of being world class then what is?

Is he as good as he was? No. Is he as bad as everyone has been crying out recently. No.

Spot on, I don't think they really realised the value of Ruud van Nistlerooy until he left. How prolific was that guy?!

pass completion of %55

no shot all game

no significant pass all game

two touches in opposition box 

and gave away possession 28 Times according to stats on SSN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooney always try's but boy is he starting to look ordinary - For England's sake at least let's hope it's just a dip

Archived