IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Champions Match Day Thread

So why was it the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire, if Monmouthshire was part of South Wales?

Because of different historical administrative centres which changed in 1974. The Act was passed in 1542 - you had plenty of time to moan about it then so don't now execute the messenger.

Edit- there were 13 counties created but recorded as 6 north and 6 south but Monmouthshire was left out at a later stage due to the different administration. It has been argued that this was due to the proximity of the large border shared with England ( Gloucestershire) which was jolly Royal and Henry wanted to keep an eye on that.

Of course the Duke of Beaufort owned massive amounts of that county including Raglan Castle which Cromwell trashed much like our fans trashed a Cardiff pub. The current Duke still owns quite a bit of Monmouthshire.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce

Because of different historical administrative centres which changed in 1974. The Act was passed in 1542 - you had plenty of time to moan about it then so don't now execute the messenger.

Henry VIII was a bit funny about protesters. I prefer my head on my neck rather than on a spike at Bristol Castle :(

• Like 1

For those interested, Tesco sell £3 promotional double-packs of pringles to get a free 1-day NowTV Sky sports pass.  Even if you just throw the pringles in the bin its still decent value.  I'm Chromecasting it tonight to my TV and the picture is usually very, very good.

If you've not used NowTV online before you can watch via tablet/phone or laptop.

Unfortunately Now!   Only in the UK.  I just don't understand Sky, there are thousands of ex pats living all over the world, why do they throw away all this potential revenue?  It's beyond me!

Unfortunately Now!   Only in the UK.  I just don't understand Sky, there are thousands of ex pats living all over the world, why do they throw away all this potential revenue?  It's beyond me!

I doubt it's Sky's fault, obviously they wouldn't turn down another revenue stream, it's probably an international broadcast rights issue.

To echo others, I stream Now TV (via my Apple TV) and it's a very good way to watch without shelling out for a Sky Sports contract.  Streaming via Apple is the only way you can get it in HD though, for those of you that care about such things.

I've just realised something....

NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE BAYING FOR BLOOD FOR MY LIKING!!!!

COME ON GUYS, LET'S DESTROY CARDIFF THIS EVENING!

Seriously, I've scrubbed my tip of a draw and now expect us to absolutely hammer Cardiff tonight.

I saw enough at Brighton to think that on our day we could beat any team in this division.  The way we play, with the amount of chances we seem to both create and concede, I suspect our results will continue to be something of a lottery this season.

I doubt it's Sky's fault, obviously they wouldn't turn down another revenue stream, it's probably an international broadcast rights issue.

To echo others, I stream Now TV (via my Apple TV) and it's a very good way to watch without shelling out for a Sky Sports contract.  Streaming via Apple is the only way you can get it in HD though, for those of you that care about such things.

Possibly, you are right, but there are lot's of streaming sites showing all kinds of TV throughout the World and they seem to get away with it.  I believe that Now TV was available internationally at one time, so what happened to stop it?

Possibly, you are right, but there are lot's of streaming sites showing all kinds of TV throughout the World and they seem to get away with it.  I believe that Now TV was available internationally at one time, so what happened to stop it?

There was probably a change to who had the rights for international broadcast.  The streaming sites you are referring to are illegal and not to be used as a barometer of what Sky can and cannot do!

S'pose  its too much to hope for a huge 3 goal differential victory tonight?

An away win of 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 whatever in the little Principality would be wonderful and see us above Leeds up the Championship table into 17th.

On the other hand avoid a defeat tonight will do nicely... or of course three points by a single goal would be great. COYRs

Just think for one moment, how incredible it would feel to watch the goals flying in for us, and go onto record a 3 or 4 nil win.

We need to find a way to maximise the attacking threat of Kodjia and give him the means to start tearing defences to shreds.  With the hostile atmosphere of tonight, I can see Flint rising to the occasion and getting on the score sheet.  Wilbs should be good for a goal, and perhaps Freeman can unleash a beauty of a free kick into the top corner.

There was probably a change to who had the rights for international broadcast.  The streaming sites you are referring to are illegal and not to be used as a barometer of what Sky can and cannot do!

Unlawful but not, I think, illegal. I.e. you can be sued but not prosecuted for using them.

Condended Version

Cardiff:

In Britains oldest shithole ......................... and what a shithole it is !!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You had to edit that? Shameful.

Sorry to burst this particular myth, Aizoon, but Monmouthshire has never ever been part of England nor has it ever been a "coastal area" ( Havanatopia). As far as football is concerned- Havanatopia makes reference to the fact that this where the edges are blurred due to some clubs being in the English League but most in the Welsh League.

Last time I checked a map my friend the county had a coast; its called the Severn Estuary so that might not meet your criteria. Of course I am not up to speed, ala' 2015 with any possible boundary changes so it may be land locked now but most definitely Monmouthshire has had a coast as long as I can remember and for sure back then.

have you left anything to write for the reverse fixture?

Oh yeszzzzzz.