IGNORED

Where were you when this happened?

Jasper Testimitanu

Was lucky enough to be there as well, best City away performance I've ever seen. We had driven over and parked near the ground but were made to join the convoy back to to the station 'for our own safety'.  Two things I remember from after the game (other than the bottles of piss, coins and bricks!) 1) a Cardiff fan sneaked into the convoy walking back with us to the station. Halfway back he gave out a rallying call that he was Cardiff and proceeded to get a pasting by a few of the City boys whilst the police stood by (presumably thinking it was his own fault for being such a t*t) for a little while before breaking it up. 2) when we got back to the station we had to walk around it to go back to the car as we weren't allowed into the station as we didn't have a ticket! There were a load of Cardiff lads waiting around the side of the station and as we walked up towards them I was seriously seriously bricking it but there was no other way to get back to the car. I thought we were going to get a serious pasting. But to be fair to the Cardiff lot they saw that we were a group of 4 young uns and were obviously not up for a tear up and let us walk through unharmed bar a lot of shouting. I always had a modicum of respect for them because of that. Was a scary walk back to the car mind you!  Nevertheless a great great day   

Also loved the 2-0 win the following season. Live on sky with both teams right at the top of the table... the dwarves were bombarding our forums about how many they were going to win by.. then BOOM! Tinman and Roberts!!! Totally convinced we were going up after that performance but we blew it at the same location later that season.

I remember City fans singing "You're not very good" at Cardiff, as we did a lot at the time to any opposition we were beating, I also remember Cardiff coming back at us with "You're not very safe" to the same tune. Made me chuckle.

The walk back through the car park to our car trying to keep our City shirts hidden was interesting as well.

Although it was lively, I still remember Reading in the 80's as being much worse, although maybe it was an age thing because I was so much younger then.

Archived