IGNORED

15 years to the day

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

5,478 days

Can someone be bothered to work out how long in %age they've been above us for this century? It will be like one of those documentaries where they chart the life of the Earth, starting at 0000 and humans appear at about 2359

I really feel we should be making more of this. Maybe a huge pic of Freeman and his #15 shirt draped over their cesspit?

5,478 days

Can someone be bothered to work out how long in %age they've been above us for this century? It will be like one of those documentaries where they chart the life of the Earth, starting at 0000 and humans appear at about 2359

I really feel we should be making more of this. Maybe a huge pic of Freeman and his #15 shirt draped over their cesspit?

Didn't someone create a website showing the years, days hours minutes and seconds that we've been above the horse punchers? Or did I just dream that.

Own up - who's responsible for this?!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/4891/15-years

15 Years...

icon-search-filters.png

prowedtobegas14

prowedtobegas14 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 24 posts
1 minute ago via mobile

Post by prowedtobegas14 on 1 minute ago

And counting!

Have a nice day fellas.

Judging by the fact they don't seem to realise that the spelling of "proud" as "prowed" being a piss take of them, I can almost see them using it as an attempt to take the piss of our fans and we will end up with both sets of fans using the "prowed" spelling as a way to wind up the others, except they will look stupid for not realising it was taking the piss out of them in the first place.

Didn't someone create a website showing the years, days hours minutes and seconds that we've been above the horse punchers? Or did I just dream that.

Someone did. meanwhile for the record; City joined the League in 1901, Rovers twenty years later.

In the 95 seasons Rovers have been in the League (94, then a gap and now one more), they have finished above City on 25 occasions.
1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000.

15 Years...

icon-search-filters.png

prowedtobegas14

prowedtobegas14 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 24 posts
1 minute ago via mobile

And counting!

Have a nice day fellas.

Obviously you. As it says it had been posted 1 minute before. Unless you spend a lot of time on there ;) 

Judging by the fact they don't seem to realise that the spelling of "proud" as "prowed" being a piss take of them, I can almost see them using it as an attempt to take the piss of our fans and we will end up with both sets of fans using the "prowed" spelling as a way to wind up the others, except they will look stupid for not realising it was taking the piss out of them in the first place.

Very reminiscent of the situation forty or so years ago when we started calling them "gas"......the winkers adopted it FFS !  :facepalm:.

5,478 days

Ah, I will let the pedant in me answer this question.

As there is no year 0 in the first century, then logically that century ends on midnight Dec 31 in the year 100, the completition of one hundred years.

To me, the last year therefore in the 20th century must be the end of 2000.

So the answer to the question, what % of the 21st century have the blue few been above us, becomes, lets see, take 5, rationalise the denominator...yep...0%

Which is the answer I like most.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

Ah, I will let the pedant in me answer this question.

As there is no year 0 in the first century, then logically that century ends on midnight Dec 31 in the year 100, the completition of one hundred years.

To me, the last year therefore in the 20th century must be the end of 2000.

So the answer to the question, what % of the 21st century have the blue few been above us, becomes, lets see, take 5, rationalise the denominator...yep...0%

Which is the answer I like most.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

So does it follow from that that the first day of the new millennium was actually 1st Jan 2001? 

Someone did. meanwhile for the record; City joined the League in 1901, Rovers twenty years later.

In the 95 seasons Rovers have been in the League (94, then a gap and now one more), they have finished above City on 25 occasions.
1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000.

So in the time I've been supporting City they've finished above us once (2000). No wonder I tend to just pity them these days.

Obviously you. As it says it had been posted 1 minute before. Unless you spend a lot of time on there ;) 

Not guilty! Very rarely read their forum but thought I'd pop over to see if they were getting in the spirit of the 15 year anniversary. Turns out they're still just banging on about sheeeds and that we were formed in 1982. What banter.

So in the time I've been supporting City they've finished above us once (2000). No wonder I tend to just pity them these days.

Not guilty! Very rarely read their forum but thought I'd pop over to see if they were getting in the spirit of the 15 year anniversary. Turns out they're still just banging on about sheeeds and that we were formed in 1982. What banter.

....specially coming as it does from the 15ners ..this years football league new boys. 

15 Years...

icon-search-filters.png

prowedtobegas14

prowedtobegas14 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 24 posts
1 minute ago via mobile

And counting!

Have a nice day fellas.

Funny - the thread seems to have disappeared.....!!!

Archived