IGNORED

Fredericks To Start

REDOXO

Probably best for both parties in hindsight....

Fredericks had a limited pre season and looked shot after 25 minutes, where as Bennett has come in with no game time and looked a huge improvement on Ryan.

will probably turn out to be a decent player but we wouldn't have Bennett so therefore we have upgraded and potentially dodged a bullet.

With regard to Bennett I do wonder if he might be the sole current loan signing that we try to add permanently in January.

He has made a decent start, is clearly well down the pecking order at Norwich and unlike Nathan Baker (who we'd probably also want) is unlikely to be on the sort of wages that we couldn't match.

Early days, I know, but if he signed permanently so far he looks to be a big improvement on the Ryan Fredericks who played for us.

10 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Cough... Ask Mark Little....... Cough.... :boxing:

REEEAAAAALLLLY...Missed that one!....I'll have to make some enquiries

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With regard to Bennett I do wonder if he might be the sole current loan signing that we try to add permanently in January.

He has made a decent start, is clearly well down the pecking order at Norwich and unlike Nathan Baker (who we'd probably also want) is unlikely to be on the sort of wages that we couldn't match.

Early days, I know, but if he signed permanently so far he looks to be a big improvement on the Ryan Fredericks who played for us.

Could not agree more...What a good player....A goal would round off a great start!

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agreed, I have been very impressed by Nathan Baker too and IMO is a consierable improvement on Flint (I appreciate others will disagree), but may be out of our reach on a permanent deal seeing he has just signed a 4 year deal.

Bennett has made all the right noises off the pitch....and probably more likely than baker not sure when his contract expires though.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, roe said:

I'd imagine a new manager at Villa would be more interested in signing new defenders rather than going back to ones they used when they were in trouble before. Regardless, haven't we got him on a season long loan anyway?

Maybe, but a mate who is a ST holder at Villa, bemoans Vlaar and Baker missing from the defence this season, his absence has been attributed with their downfall at the same time

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/baker-joins-for-the-rest-of-the-season-2661786.aspx Honestly hadn't realised he was here for the season

Makes it even more amazing we got him for that long !

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

Agreed, I have been very impressed by Nathan Baker too and IMO is a consierable improvement on Flint (I appreciate others will disagree), but may be out of our reach on a permanent deal seeing he has just signed a 4 year deal.

Bennett has made all the right noises off the pitch....and probably more likely than baker not sure when his contract expires though.

Probably meaningless but looking on wiki Elliott`s from Telford and his cousin still plays for them so presumably he has family in the area. Given he`s been at Brighton & Norwich, neither of which are easy to get to Telford from, does he fancy a move a bit closer?

Archived