IGNORED

Matt Smith Tomorrow

Nogbad the Bad

Unused sub. last time out, and likely to be on Fulham's bench tomorrow.

What reception should he get?

Anything but respect would be completely inappropriate after his loan here, there again going overboard with a standing ovation as he comes on as a sub. may just inspire him to nod home the winner.

Or perhaps a rousing reception would put lead in his boots and reignite his love for all things Ashton Gate and leave him yearning for a move back to City in January.

If re signing him is what City fans want of course.

Or indeed if that's what Cotts. wants......

I agree with Cotts., we appreciate the bloke but 'no niceties during the game' and that should apply to fans too.

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Anything but respect would be completely inappropriate after his loan here, there again going overboard with a standing ovation as he comes on as a sub. may just inspire him to nod home the winner.

Or perhaps a rousing reception would put lead in his boots and reignite his love for all things Ashton Gate and leave him yearning for a move back to City in January.

I agree with Cotts., we appreciate the bloke but 'no niceties during the game' and that should apply to fans too.

Absolutely no quarter to be given if he plays, but should get very generous applause from the crowd. Reckon we would be play-off contenders had we managed to sign him up in the summer. Him & Kodjia, with Wilbs off the bench, would make a fantastic striking option. 

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Definately deserves applause if and when he comes on - let's be fair if him and JET hadn't clicked last season we certainly wouldn't be where we are today !

But that's the thing, barring injuries he'll probably only come on if Fulham need a goal.

1-1 with 15 minutes to go and Fulham on top and we should give him encouragement?

Tricky one, but Cotts. said there will be no niceties from the players during the game, so why wouldn't that apply to supporters too?

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Anyone giving him any kind of shit before or after the game needs a good slap upside the head.

on the pitch he's an opponent though so won't be encourage but certainly wont be abused

Some of our fans will save that for Wilbs...

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No odds on him scoring if he gets on!!

1 hour ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Interesting Cotts said in his pre match interview that he hadn't spoken to Fulham about signing him this summer although he did have a wry smile on his face when he said it - what do people make of that? 

Noticed this to,  he said ' not spoken to Fulham in the summer ' 

kind of thought he was twisting the truth a little .

maybe he spoke to them late Spring or someone else from the club did the speaking.

Cott's is wilier than a wily fox whose just got a degree in ' Wily ' at Cunning university.

24 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Some good stuff from him on the Fulham website.

Hope link works  . . . http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/october/30/smith-hungry-for-goals

They also have quite a long interview with Fonts. 

Yep top bloke. Respectful but determined. The sort of attributes you like to see in a player (for me anyway) 

he wont hesitate given a chance on goal against us, and neither should we expect otherwise.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Noticed this to,  he said ' not spoken to Fulham in the summer ' 

kind of thought he was twisting the truth a little .

maybe he spoke to them late Spring or someone else from the club did the speaking.

Cott's is wilier than a wily fox whose just got a degree in ' Wily ' at Cunning university.

Why?

What is it on this forum that so many seem to believe that MS was some sort of special secret target that had to be kept so under the radar for reasons that no one can know but the likes of Gray ,Gayle and ( to a lesser extent) Kermorgant were all ( eventually) public knowledge? The conspiracy theory is pure Disneyland.

Never in my  time as a City supporter has so much been made by so many about one loan player. Although maybe Robert Fleck comes close and for a good reason at that time.

I think SC is  occasionally "wily" but if BCFC were in for MS then it would be public knowledge by now.

Is it just remotely possible that SC felt that he had a great loan spell with us in L1  and was the right player at the right time but that's it- thanks but no thanks? He would not be a genuinely suitable replacement for the ageing Wilbs as they play a very different game individually , he is in a different league to the spectacular Kodjia and has been a regular sub at Championship level for a reason.

MS did great for us- he wasn't/isn't awful but if we finally get a new striker to play alongside JK, I have no doubt whatsoever that we can do better than Matt. 

Oh Bollox. He's bound to get a hat trick now.

Why? He's awful isn't he?

PS: i agree. I think Cotts defiantly looked for a way around the question on player.

"did you speak to him about the player in the summer?"

"Who?"

"The manager"

"No i didn't speak to the manager in the summer"

(words to that effect) Didn't say words weren't had between CEO's, DOF's, Chairmen etc. Cotts recent quote about a Wilbraham player 10 years younger rekindled my belief we were/are in for Smith.

15 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Why? He's awful isn't he?

PS: i agree. I think Cotts defiantly looked for a way around the question on player.

"did you speak to him about the player in the summer?"

"Who?"

"The manager"

"No i didn't speak to the manager in the summer"

(words to that effect) Didn't say words weren't had between CEO's, DOF's, Chairmen etc. Cotts recent quote about a Wilbraham player 10 years younger rekindled my belief we were/are in for Smith.

Genius. 

The DaVinci Code has nothing compared to you.

6 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Interesting Cotts said in his pre match interview that he hadn't spoken to Fulham about signing him this summer although he did have a wry smile on his face when he said it - what do people make of that? 

Definitely far-fetched but can't help think it's possible mind games given that Smith could have seen the interview? I'd be very shocked if cotts statement was true after how well he fit in and performed for us. I know if it was me I'd be pretty peed off if a club that I played for and wanted me then dismissed any interest. 

On the other hand, maybe I've had a few too many tonight.. 

All this Matt Smith talk about him possibly coming here in the summer. I think we would've been interested but I don't think he was available. He ended last season an started this season in fine form. He wasn't going to come and play for us when he can be starting at Fulham. I also imagine he's already on a decent wage. We may have enquired but once Fulham said we need him, it was over.

Archived