IGNORED

Matt Smith Tomorrow

Nogbad the Bad

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

All this Matt Smith talk about him possibly coming here in the summer. I think we would've been interested but I don't think he was available. He ended last season an started this season in fine form. He wasn't going to come and play for us when he can be starting at Fulham. I also imagine he's already on a decent wage. We may have enquired but once Fulham said we need him, it was over.

You would have hoped we enquired and had good reason for not pursuing (wage demands too high, Fulham not willing to sell), as he would surely have been perfect for sharing the CF duties with Wilbs...BUT given our shambolic summer transfer activity who knows.

31 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

You would have hoped we enquired and had good reason for not pursuing (wage demands too high, Fulham not willing to sell), as he would surely have been perfect for sharing the CF duties with Wilbs...BUT given our shambolic summer transfer activity who knows.

Exactky. I don't know for sure. I hope we enquired. Even if we did though, in my opinion, he wouldn't have been available mostly because up until his injury he was first choice next to McCormack and they were playing well off each other. Seemed clear Fulham were happy with the partnership and still are as he's back on the bench last weekend after injury. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactky. I don't know for sure. I hope we enquired. Even if we did though, in my opinion, he wouldn't have been available mostly because up until his injury he was first choice next to McCormack and they were playing well off each other. Seemed clear Fulham were happy with the partnership and still are as he's back on the bench last weekend after injury. 

He's only ever started 11 league games for Fulham so it is stretching it a bit to say he's ever been a first choice there.

Just now, GrahamC said:

He's only ever started 11 league games for Fulham so it is stretching it a bit to say he's ever been a first choice there.

Yes but that is looking at stats and them lying to you. He was bought last summer. The manager that bought him was sacked and he wasn't part of Symons plans so he didn't play. Then was sent on loan to us for 3 months. 

Fulham were fighting to stay up when he returned. He ended up getting his chance and formed a partnership with McCormack which helped Fulham stay up relatively comfortably. 

Then he started this season as first choice and he and McCormack picked up their end of season form. The injury has kept him out about 10 weeks now.

So while it took him a bit to stake his claim, he did eventually and I am positive he is still in their plans now that he's fit again. So between a manager being sacked, a 3 month loan and a 2.5 month injury of course it seems he hasn't been a huge part of their team but following him since his spell ended here, it's clear he is important for their squad.

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why?

What is it on this forum that so many seem to believe that MS was some sort of special secret target that had to be kept so under the radar for reasons that no one can know but the likes of Gray ,Gayle and ( to a lesser extent) Kermorgant were all ( eventually) public knowledge? The conspiracy theory is pure Disneyland.

Never in my  time as a City supporter has so much been made by so many about one loan player. Although maybe Robert Fleck comes close and for a good reason at that time.

I think SC is  occasionally "wily" but if BCFC were in for MS then it would be public knowledge by now.

Is it just remotely possible that SC felt that he had a great loan spell with us in L1  and was the right player at the right time but that's it- thanks but no thanks? He would not be a genuinely suitable replacement for the ageing Wilbs as they play a very different game individually , he is in a different league to the spectacular Kodjia and has been a regular sub at Championship level for a reason.

MS did great for us- he wasn't/isn't awful but if we finally get a new striker to play alongside JK, I have no doubt whatsoever that we can do better than Matt. 

Oh Bollox. He's bound to get a hat trick now.

In answer to your question , Cotterill was clearly avoiding giving the real reply and sidestepped the question using very specific wording and also there was a wry smile as he gave his response .

You don't have to be a genius at reading  body  language to note that  he was clearly hiding something .

Archived