IGNORED

Johnson ' driven ' by Robbored

Major Isewater

You are right Rum Red, it's like me, I wasn't so keen when Lesley Judd gradually replaced Valerie Singleton on Blue Peter, but I mainly kept my opinions to myself. There were a lot of fans of the Judd, so I knew that voicing my views would only get backs up and make me unpopular. Sometimes you have to flow with the tide and the overwhelming tide on here says that GJ is a legend so one only brings bad tidings on oneself by disagreeing with this. Why do that unless one likes inflicting self harm?

I can assure you that there have been many times over the years where I have bitten my tongue and said nothing about the Judd being inferior to Val...well twice, anyway.I'm gIad I did as I wouldn't be here now had I done so...mainly coz both times were in front of Mr Judd. Anyway, you get my drift. Besides, it looks pathetic if many, many years after anyone gave a hoot one comes on here saying someone was better than someone else...like I have done with Singleton and Judd but that is allowed for illustrative purposes. Also Peter Purves reckoned Singleton was better coz he got up close and personal with her but he didn't try it on at all with Judd.

1 minute ago, handsofclay1909 said:

You are right Rum Red, it's like me, I wasn't so keen when Lesley Judd gradually replaced Valerie Singleton on Blue Peter, but I mainly kept my opinions to myself. There were a lot of fans of the Judd, so I knew that voicing my views would only get backs up and make me unpopular. Sometimes you have to flow with the tide and the overwhelming tide on here says that GJ is a legend so one only brings bad tidings on oneself by disagreeing with this. Why do that unless one likes inflicting self harm?

I can assure you that there have been many times over the years where I have bitten my tongue and said nothing about the Judd being inferior to Val...well twice, anyway.I'm gIad I did as I wouldn't be here now had I done so...mainly coz both times were in front of Mr Judd. Anyway, you get my drift. Besides, it looks pathetic if many, many years after anyone gave a hoot one comes on here saying someone was better than someone else...like I have done with Singleton and Judd but that is allowed for illustrative purposes. Also Peter Purves reckoned Singleton was better coz he got up close and personal with her but he didn't try it on at all with Judd.

Where did you stand on the Janet Ellis issue?

On 31 October 2015 at 09:04:07, reddogkev said:

Major, have you noticed Robbored seems to be mentioned on here quite a lot recently, is it fair to suggest he's become the most famous OTIB member?

With respect to GJ, I know he's busy with his managerial duties, but wonder if he's been down to the Gate yet to see it's development.  Be interesting to know whether he remains fond of BCFC, and what he thinks of our current position.

Other than Horace, obviously. 

As to GJ, Nigel Gresley once said that he could get 30% better performance from any of his locomotives by painting the funnel blue. It's called the Hawthorne Effect, and is well known to psychologists. 

GJ could gee a team up to play above itself, but did nothing to build for the future. Ask any Yeovil supporter what happens when the magic wears off :(

i thought SC was that kind of manager, but I'm glad to say he isn't. 

Archived