IGNORED

Johnson ' driven ' by Robbored

Major Isewater

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

At the time of life when most people are thinking of putting their feet up and preparing for retirement Gary Johnson just keeps going  and here on OTIB we all know why .:whistle2:

This  'one trick pony ' and ' Conference manager ' looks like performing his ' one trick ' again as his club Cheltenham sit proudly at the top of their league .

Well done GJ ,keep it up .

I don't want this to start a Robbo bashing thread ,it's just a bit of fun and a shout out to an ex-City manager .

I thought Robbored-baiting was banned under the last Labour Government?

When did open season start??

:yawn:

Uncle TFR

8 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Major, have you noticed that Robbored seems to be mentioned on here quite a lot recently, is it fair to suggest he's become the most famous OTIB member?

With respect to GJ, I know he's busy with his managerial duties, but wonder if he's been down to the Gate yet to see it's development.  Be interesting to know whether he remains fond of BCFC, and what he thinks of our current position.

Well he was pundit for the Forest game...

56 minutes ago, Just Red said:

People don't like to admit it but he sowed the seeds for our demise.

He did the same at Yeovil. Got them promoted then relegated then he got sacked. 

Out of his depth in the Championship. 

He'll do well at Cheltenham. His one dimensional style of management suits that level of football. Doesn't work higher up as it showed here at City and Yeovil. He got lucky that one play off season.

2 hours ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

.....& took us to our highest point in >30 years. For that I'm thankful.

In an earlier post someone mentioned "fun". That's the reason we all started enjoying this sport.

I'm in the minority but after the PO final I feel he should have been replaced with someone to take us to the next level. In all honesty that season Auto promotion was there for the taking yet GJ messed up by not bringing in some players to see us over the line. Both Stoke and Hull strengthened with loan players and went up. We went with what we had and missed out.

Just now, Just Red said:

Short memory. We were in a dire situation and Coppell was supposed to be our saviour.

15th in the league? We'd have been 4th if it wasn't for stoppage time goals, if I remember right. Obviously that doesn't mean much but it shows that we weren't far off.

Coppell began our demise by bringing in players on huge wages like Hunt and Stewart then left after a few games. We were relegated three years after Johnson left. To blame him for our relegation is just silly.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

City were winning most of the time and we all know that when results are good then the fan base is rocking regardless of who the manager is.

I hate to remind people but I named GJ a Conference manager way back then and could those people remind me of where he's managing now?

:whistle:

Mate,you have to let go and move on..there is more to life.

I recall when GJ was first interviewed on the AG pitch after being appointed manager he said that the club are getting crowds of 10,000 and he will build a team to get crowds of 20,000. He did precisely that and also got us to within 90 mins of the PL. The bloke succeeded. The position we were in when he took the job such achievements seemed like pie in the sky.

22 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

15th in the league? We'd have been 4th if it wasn't for stoppage time goals, if I remember right. Obviously that doesn't mean much but it shows that we weren't far off.

Coppell began our demise by bringing in players on huge wages like Hunt and Stewart then left after a few games. We were relegated three years after Johnson left. To blame him for our relegation is just silly.

The problem with Gary Johnson's management style is that he has no forward plan.

It happened here, where he ended up bringing in loanee after loanee. When it all turned sour for him the team/squad had no foundations to fall back on.

The new managers that came in didn't have any younger hungry players at his disposal, hence our downward spiral.

Exactly the same has happened at Yeovil, loanee after loanee and no foundation to the club, where Yeovil are now is all to do with what GJ left them with.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Exactly the same has happened at Yeovil, loanee after loanee and no foundation to the club, where Yeovil are now is all to do with what GJ left them with.

To an extent, although I think they'd have at least gone close to staying up, had he stayed. They sacked him at completely the wrong time last season.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

To an extent, although I think they'd have at least gone close to staying up, had he stayed. They sacked him at completely the wrong time last season.

Not sure about that. It seemed to me that the heart had gone out of the club and they were dead men walking from very early on. Sadly for them, I can see the same ting happening this year too.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not sure about that. It seemed to me that the heart had gone out of the club and they were dead men walking from very early on. Sadly for them, I can see the same ting happening this year too.

Horrendous injury list and they lost the core of the team that got them promoted. Thought they gave it a good go in the Championship and with a little more luck could have stayed up. Just the fact he got them there was incredible in itself.

Was GJ responsible for Cheltenham's demise?
Is GJ responsible for a cracking start to the season?

I'm sure the GJ haters will get the answers to those questions the wrong way around

Was Pulis an unmitigated disaster at City? Of course he was, but there's still a certain person who will blow smoke up his arse, all because GJ rumbled him for the spineless gobshite that he was

As for whether GJ has fond memories, I'll ask Russell Milton next time I see him out walking his dog. Must live just around the corner from me, knew I recognised him from somewhere. Seeing him in a CTFC tracksuit last week with RM on the leg was a bit of a give away that even I remembered who he was! He was up and about early on Saturday morning after getting back from Grimsby, fair play to the bloke

Forgive my ignorance on this matter as I wasn't on here at the time and all I recall of those days with regards to this is some sort of spat Johnson had with some characters in the lower Williams behind his dugout...but what exactly happened with Johnson and Robbored? It keeps being alluded to on here but nobody ever goes into detail.

1 minute ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Forgive my ignorance on this matter as I wasn't on here at the time and all I recall of those days with regards to this is some sort of spat Johnson had with some characters in the lower Williams behind his dugout...but what exactly happened with Johnson and Robbored? It keeps being alluded to on here but nobody ever goes into detail.

Only 1 person on here knows for sure, HOC....

Thanks Woodsy...I expect that's the best I will get. I will have to read between the lines like I did about the player who threw another player into a river in Devon. All I can assume is that GJ gave Robbored the hairdryer treatment and Robbored was too stunned to reply with zzzzz who cares!

2 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

In a nutshell..... a certain poster on here continually stated that GJ was a conference manager to all and sundry and anyone who listened......

GJ called certain poster into his office for a face to face chat with printed evidence.....

Certain poster responded... not me GJ... I love you GJ... that's not me Gj, I wouldn't do that to you GJ.... I was driving my Rovers mates to Wembley that day GJ.... 

Certain poster left, returned to OTIB to tell everyone that GJ is/was/always will be a conference manager and is still doing it 10 years on.... 

Thanks Tetbury Massive, everything is now falling into place. Respect to GJ for calling a fan into his office to have it out with someone face to face. Shows we are all part of the club. Just a pity Robbored lost his nerve and was unable to tell GJ just what he thought of him. It would've been a cathartic experience and done him good. Unfortunately, he didn't, so the angst is still present in Robbored in bundles.

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Careful PB!

Youll end up getting slagged off, insulted and accused of being a Gashead.....

Yet I have never read you backup your comments about GJ as well as PB just did.

Either you are on a constant wind up, or your brain is not capable of forming its own opinion.

3 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Thanks Tetbury Massive, everything is now falling into place. Respect to GJ for calling a fan into his office to have it out with someone face to face. Shows we are all part of the club. Just a pity Robbored lost his nerve and was unable to tell GJ just what he thought of him. It would've been a cathartic experience and done him good. Unfortunately, he didn't, so the angst is still present in Robbored in bundles.

Think Robbored was employed by the club at the time,so maybe a different perspective...

On 31 October 2015 18:41:45, Robbored said:

He did the same at Yeovil. Got them promoted then relegated then he got sacked. 

Out of his depth in the Championship. 

Absolutely, I mean just about everything about Yeovil Town screams "established Championship club", doesn't it?

His "out of his depth" finishes in the Championship with us:

4th, 10th, 10th....

Archived