IGNORED

The weekly Korey Smith appreciation page.

Londoner

35 minutes ago, Londoner said:

No he was absolutely dreadful today.

Possibly the worst comment I have seen on this board in the last 2 years and I am someone who reads the crap that Bristolcitysweden writes. If the unthinkable happens and we get relegated Korey will be one of the few that will continue to play Championship football. Today he was working every possible angle and having to make the challenges that no one else wants to make or is capable of making. I would have given him MotM.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

No he was absolutely dreadful today.

Did you watch the game from London?  Fulham perhaps?  Smith was MoM.  He's got clowns to the left of him; jokers to the right.  He's carrying a whole team.  Magnificent player and another great game.

Those who say he was missing must've had the sun in their eyes all match. He and Kodjia both are a step ahead of everyone else and are left isolated time and time again. Slot these two into teams with more quality and you'd see even more magic. Korey was everywhere again tonight and if not MoM in our top 3.

11 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Did you watch the game from London?  Fulham perhaps?  Smith was MoM.  He's got clowns to the left of him; jokers to the right.  He's carrying a whole team.  Magnificent player and another great game.

Massive Korey Fan  - him and JK are the two we just can't do without

Not sure he had a great game today but I had that down to him trying to plug seven holes in the dam at anyone time - we were completely overrun and a number of our players delivered Confernce or less performances, hence today ,at least your clowns comment was spot on

Unless we learn not to get too many players ahead of the ball and gift the opposition a goal every time we lose the ball behind them we are on a suicide mission

I must've gone to a different game to some on here. Thought Korey was the single player to emerge from a shambles of a performance with any credit and is the only one, so far, who has truly stepped up to Championship standard.

Love the 3-5-2 and high tempo, attacking style of play.  I feel for Cotts in a way, they should be good enough, but you can't keep missing chance after chance and then have defensive lapses that a school boy would be embrassed to make. How much the fault of the system, how much our results are a consequence of sub standard players is still a debatable one to me... if KJ had buried the two 'one on ones', Flint and Frankie had not gifted goals the outcome may have been different. But I'm beginning to think it's not just a bad day at the office - it keeps happening. We just ain't got the quality to compete and, hate to say it,  but now is the. time to roll the dice and try different formations, new players and player combinations that will grind out some wins.

Pity, the football apart, the Ashton Gate match day experience is beginning to grow on me and seems likely to get even better into the future.

Archived