IGNORED

See all the experts who know more than the bloke that took us from near to Division 4 to the Championship are about tonight then

NickJ

12 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

7 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We all know that every football manager's career ends in failure, it is always a question of acting before the situation is unrecoverable.  Our present manager will be sacked at some point the only question is when.

Of course the Board and SL must take responsibility. I recall no proper appointment procedures (or indeed appropriate contract conditions) followed with the last appointment.  We are paying the price in my opinion for that Board mismanagement.

You are welcome to disagree but my feeling is that with each game more people are coming round to the view that the decision has to be made sooner rather than later.

Incorrect. Some managers are poached from other clubs due to their success.

As could easily have happened to SC in the summer because there's no doubt whatsoever he'll have impressed many other clubs with last season's fantastic title winning season and expansive style of winning football.

Things change quickly in football and though it may not look likely at this particular juncture, being poached by a bigger club could easily still be the way SC eventually exits AG.

22 hours ago, glos old boy said:

AD took us to the prem with the best City team in my lifetime so SC can be as much like AD as he likes imo.

However HD thought about firing him on multiple occasions while he was building his team...it took a very long time to build....unfortunately these days, pressure is applied quickly, one from the we want it now generation that my generation created, and two from my generation thinking I want it again before my toes turn up!!!

Good luck SL and SC, clearly our best chance since HD and AD

33 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

However HD thought about firing him on multiple occasions while he was building his team...it took a very long time to build....unfortunately these days, pressure is applied quickly, one from the we want it now generation that my generation created, and two from my generation thinking I want it again before my toes turn up!!!

Good luck SL and SC, clearly our best chance since HD and AD

Spot on Redoxo; some fans need to calm down and be thankfull for what we have already; allow them that matter time to REBUILD on and off the pitch

It's not easy for SC as the Club specifically recruited players that primarily are only suited to 3 5 2. They were recruited for that system and who could argue that they and the manager didn't do brilliantly last season.  It's only fair and reasonable to give the same players a chance in the Championship and even if SC did want to change the system he would need the budget to get suitable players.  He hasn't had that.  It's also not necessarily about systems as 3-5-2 can can easily be adapted to a more defensive approach.  Performance wise, it's not been bad at all this season and with a little more rub of the green and a less mistake prone back line we would be mid-table.   City have more than held their own against some of the top Championship teams so it really is fine margins here.  SC's committed to playing good football and, as he has rightly pointed out in the past, he has a winners mentality.   I firmly believe, given time, he will combine football that is pleasing on the eye with good results in the Championship. He'll keep us up this season and I don't think the recruitment (or lack of it) mistakes will be repeated next year either by SC or SL in terms of giving a higher transfer budget in line with the income that will be possible from a higher capacity stadium. 

Archived