IGNORED

Ross Mccormack

Londoner

Despite the poor result I have to say one of the best players seen at the gate this season? 

His movement and positioning was very impressive, not sure how he managed to miss that chance he created at the start of the second half.

saying that didn't Fulham pay 8million for him? Anyway, thought he looks a class above and best player on the pitch.

He barely broke above a trot all afternoon, and as you say, positioned himself in a little pocket of space so that he must've had the easiest game he's had in a long time.

Sometimes you have to sit there and appreciate quality, even if it is for the opposition.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't mind him feeding Kodjia up top for us. Proves once again there is quality to be found in the Scottish leagues amongst the duds. Would happily have him, Charlie Adam, Robert Snodgrass etc..

For every Mcormack there is a Clarkson, they were together at Motherwell, we got one and Cardiff got the other, we got the dross

He's a fantastic player, didn't have to get out of first gear and he was still one of the best players on the pitch. 

Should have scored another in the second half, trying to be a bit too fancy with his finish (who can blame him when we were so bad) - if he'd have just smashed it when he got in he'd have scored. 

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Utter quality. But I reckon their number 10 was at least as influential. 

Cairney...very good at Bkackburn last season.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Thought Tunnicliffe was their best player....class act at this level.

I was watching him fire shots in the warm up.  He was 30 yards out, receiving a firm pass from the penalty spot, controlling it and then on the run hitting those Ronaldo-esque side foot wobblers at pace...you know the ones you normally see from freekicks when the ball is still.  He was doing it with a moving ball and hitting the back of the net with pace.  Great technique. 

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't mind him feeding Kodjia up top for us. Proves once again there is quality to be found in the Scottish leagues amongst the duds. Would happily have him, Charlie Adam, Robert Snodgrass etc..

Exactly right!

I understand we've drawn the short straw more than often with Scottish players in recent times, but it still staggers me many are willing to write them off completely.

There are always a couple of gems in every market. How I wish we'd had the network to spot the likes of Snodgrass (100k), McCormack (Free), Charlie Adam (500k), James McCarthy (1m) et al when they first moved South.

16 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Utter quality. But I reckon their number 10 was at least as influential. 

Cairney was easily the best player on the pitch especially the 1st half, was no jaw dropping skills just him and his team mates movement was superb and was pulling our defence and midfield all over the place. You don't need to be able to pass like Hoddle when your team has good movement. 

Being honest I'm shocked that most of our fans were oblivious of Cairney, pay more attention next time! ;)

2 hours ago, yardy said:

Cairney was easily the best player on the pitch especially the 1st half, was no jaw dropping skills just him and his team mates movement was superb and was pulling our defence and midfield all over the place. You don't need to be able to pass like Hoddle when your team has good movement. 

Being honest I'm shocked that most of our fans were oblivious of Cairney, pay more attention next time! ;)

He was class. Only cost them about 3m as well I believe. That's decent business that I wish we could've done regardless of his wages. He was quality yesterday. They played such good football. One touch then pass and move. Which I saw us do against Forest. Which begs the question of what happened yesterday? 

33 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He was class. Only cost them about 3m as well I believe. That's decent business that I wish we could've done regardless of his wages. He was quality yesterday. They played such good football. One touch then pass and move. Which I saw us do against Forest. Which begs the question of what happened yesterday? 

I am hoping to put Saturdays battering to a freak game or bad day at the office, if we play football like we have been doing over the past 18months on Tuesday then we move on.

Hi all, Fulham fan in peace here. Been reading some of your comments, so just thought I'd clear a few things up in regards to McCormack. The fee was never 11 million up front, it was something like 5.6 up front, with ridiculous addons totalling to around the 11 million mark. This was promotion in the first year, qualifying for Europe, Ross scoring so many goals, which as never going to happen. If truth be told, this 11 million fee was a cover up by that mad Leed's owner, who was adamant that McCormack wouldn't be sold, so he had to tell the fans something.

We're only just coming into our own this season, after that car crash last season, where Felix Magath was allowed to dismantle the squad like he did. Think it was something like 1pt in 10 games, we sat at the bottom of the Championship, with a team filled with kids.

We've added the the likes of Cainey, O'Hara, Stearman, Fredericks, Ream, Pringle and even Husband, who is on loan from Boro'. 

This is another stabilization season for Fulham, I expect us to finish around mid-table, slightly higher, then make the push for promotion next.

Bristol City will be OK this season, you look strong, well organised, and fit well into the Championship.   

See you all at the Cottage.

9 hours ago, yardy said:

I am hoping to put Saturdays battering to a freak game or bad day at the office, if we play football like we have been doing over the past 18months on Tuesday then we move on.

That's what I am hoping as well. It was so much poorer than our other 2 matches giving up 4 goals as those had some unlucky elements to them. Yesterday we were just plain awful. Hopefully a fit Nathan Baker returns tomorrow as he's a big difference. Good news is Fulham is a very capable team which put 4 passed Reading the week before and Reading were our worst game up until Fulham. Think those are 2 of the upper tier of teams in this league. 

Archived